Rate the Unit, Day 27: Rickard

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

My God... This thief is terrible. His Bases suck and only has Decent Growths. Definitely doesn't shine, Especially when a certain red-hair thief is stealing the limelight from him. 2/10 with a -1 Bias Point Factored In since i hate him...

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Castor: 5.62

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Good thing thieves are never in combat in this game so he is never going to die... except maybe for some swarm books but he could use some pure water... He is INVINCIBLE!!!gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

as a unit he fails, but thieves are never going to lv up... and is easy to recruit! (yay H1)... and comes with the member card.

SO is a 5/10 for me

Julian, at least, can do something about being frail. Rickard will need a lot of resources to get out of his rut. . .far more than I think he's worth. While having two thieves is nice at some points, it's not absolutely necessary, and being one-shotted during the dragon chapters, even with training, is Extremely Bad (IIRC, the dragons hit for damage in the upper 20 range. . .and Rickard starts with 18 HP and 3 DEF, with 60/30 growths, with no way to attack from range initially). He does get points for being the other thief.

2.5/10

4/10. Its still thief utility, so that's why he gets points. Being inferior to Julian is meh, but both won't see combat in like, forever, so yeah.

He's just... can't combat ever, and completely outclassed by Julian at life. Can't take a Swarm. Likely can't take at most 2 ballistae in the face. Terrible. Even Marth is better at thieving than him if you're not busy getting him to the throne. Gonna echo clipsey for a 2.5/10. Mind, I'd rate his combat a 0 so all 2.5 points is thief utility.

I find Julian's rating so absurd. E Swords and mediocre stats

3/10 for Rickard. Thief utility, but he doesn't do so hot when Swarm and the like are in play. Thankfully... It's kind of rare.

Rickard was so awful in FE3 that he crashed your game! Yeah, if you have Julian recruit Rickard in chapter 5 and then initiate the recruit conservation again in chapter 6, Anna appears and tells you GAME OVER. Just a completely random guess, but I think the game tries to add Rickard again to your party and accidentally overwrites Marth or something crazy like that.

Well, like in Shadow Dragon, it seems the only point in deploying Rickard is when Julian and Marth aren't going to open the chests fast enough to your liking. Which might be relevant in like... what... chapters 9 and 16? I don't give enough of a damn to go check.

I find Julian's rating so absurd. E Swords and mediocre stats

Yes, I agree. Holy crap. 4 more points over Cord? What the hell. At the very least Cord doesn't have to remain locked in 7 move forever.

3/10 for Rickard. Thief utility, but he doesn't do so hot when Swarm and the like are in play. Thankfully... It's kind of rare.

Off the top of my head, I think chapter 20 is the only time you have to worry about a Swarmer covering chests? I know in Lunatic mode base Julian can survive a Swarm hit with 1 HP left if he is sporting a +7 Res boost. Base Rickard has the same Res as Julian, and 2 less HP, so he should be able to survive with Pure Water/Barrier support providing that the H1 Bishop has 2 less magic than the H3 Bishop, which is likely the case. Well... also if Rickard doesn't get criticaled with his outstanding 1 Luck.

2.5/10. 1.5/10 +1 bias for no longer crashing the game.

Edited by Gryz

Chapter 13x - Ballista all over the place, but only one chest, thankfully.

Chapter 20x - Two chests and Longbows everywhere.

Chapter 13x:

3 of the 4 ballista can easily be eliminated on turn 1, which only leaves the one in the southeast corner. Marth is free to head towards the Iote Shield chest since this is one of the few non-seize chapters.

Chapter 20x:

You get a Master Key in chapter 20. Well, I suppose you could completely blow through the Master Key in chapter 20, but I rather use a Thief in 20 since deployment slots are a lot more limited in 20x.

Door keys exist, his combat is lol and even when you want a thief like in ch 6 to get the shard and ch 9 for the boots, you still have julian who is superior in every way. 0/10

Door keys exist, his combat is lol and even when you want a thief like in ch 6 to get the shard and ch 9 for the boots, you still have julian who is superior in every way. 0/10

So wait. Julian has more Mov and % chance of picking something?

Because of he has neither of those, he's equal to Julian. Julian's combat is still shit with E Swords and fails to ORKO Bandits at base without a forge / Star Shard. Get real guys, his weapon rank is still atrocious, can never fly, etc. Marth can do what Julian does but better, but I don't suddenly see his score inflating.

Furthermore, Rickard gets the jump in Chapter 6 with getting treasure if you wait to recruit him.

Also, with PKL's mediocre arguments (like mentioning Julian does it better when that's only true on possibly a chapter), I elect his vote to be terminated.

Julian's combat is shit, but it is still less shitty than Rikard's shit.

Julian's base durability and speed is more forgiving if you happen to accidentally expose your Thief to an attack.

So yeah, Rickard has like no advantages over Julian, but in the context of just using Thieves to open prize boxes, Julian's "advantages" are pretty much insignificant in my opinion. I don't see a huge gap between them.

I'm back guys...

My votes in the FE11 and 12 threads are mostly me joking around. They arent supposed to count.

Why bother voting then! Would make one less vote to look at if you didn't...