[FE4] Rate the Unit XXXVII

just for the record-

Yuria does not have to have any levels to kill Yurius. With proper Charisma bonuses (she should have them if you're not playing drafts and you know what you're doing) and the EXP from Nargabombing the final chapter arena, she should be able to bring Yurius within like 20 HP of dying (with some luck, I suppose).

hell, you don't even need her

Celice with capped STR and the STR ring (25 + 5) does 5 damage twice, give him Laylea (or heal him because yurius attacks celice close-range on EP) equals 20 damage.

Faval with the same parameters (capped STR, STR ring = 27 + 5 = 32 STR) has 36 attack (ichieval gives +10 STR for effectively 40 mt, 32 + 40 = 72), or 11 damage twice. Easily 20 damage (with laylea you can bring him under half HP in a single turn assuming no misses)

Shanan does slightly better than Celice (27 + 5 = 32, 31 attack = 6 damage twice) in terms of damage.

Altenna does the same as Faval, although IIRC she might have doubling issues due to no innate pursuit (although she shouldn't if she has the pursuit ring - she and celice have the same SPD cap)

Holsety!Arthur pulls either the same or slightly worse (either 5x2 or 4x2 given the magic ring depending on whether or not anima gets WTD from dark - AFAIK it doesn't) as Celice (with the same issues as altenna).

Holsety!Corpul one-ups that with 7x2 or 6x2, Hol!Sety does like exactly the same (maybe +1 or +2 depending on how the rounding works)

Aless does by far the worst, 4x2 (or squat without the STR ring).

Now, obviously there's only one STR ring and one MAG ring. However, Altenna and Faval do respectable damage without it, but you may want to have it on one of them for the extra punch. However, assuming it's on Shanan (and the pursuit ring on altenna) -

Sety does 16 damage (assuming that Holsety has no WTD - otherwise 14). Altenna and Faval both match that, leaving a 48 damage dent in Yurius's health. Shanan runs in to do another 12, bringing the total to 60. Dance all four, and you have a total of 60*2 or 120 damage to Yurius's 80 health. Enough to kill him once and half over again.

(obviously you need charisma to make sure every hit lands and all that but it's still one turn - about as long as it takes yuria to do it)

Note that I'm not saying that this is more efficient than yuria by any means (although if you play your cards right it's faster than running over to Manfloy)

Edited by Camtech

(although if you play your cards right it's faster than running over to Manfloy)

Is there a video or just a known LTC clear of Epilogue done this way? After Ishtar getting Julia to Julius the fastest way goes something like 5 turns I think (plus you never need to engage the Ein Zwei Drei guys). The above does seem like it would be faster by a turn or two if you have your kill units south of Barhara waiting to be rescued up and you don't care when people without Nihil or just bad charge luck get killed (or if you plan for them to get killed to make room for another unit to hit).

IIRC with a STR ring and Dancer and proper charismabotting, couldn't you Celice Julius in about ~2-3 turns? Since Julius's AI should target Celice when Celice is parked in front of the castle.

I remember this discussion a while back, but don't know exactly where it was.

Julia's the cheap way out, though.

Cheap way? It's mentioned numerous times in dialog after the kidnapping that Julius can't be defeated without her. The game wants you to kill Julius with her.

The alternate dialog if you manage to kill him with Celice is just an easter egg and a reference to Medeus's death quote.

Edited by BrightBow

Altenna does the same as Faval, although IIRC she might have doubling issues due to no innate pursuit (although she shouldn't if she has the pursuit ring - she and celice have the same SPD cap)

Altenna gains Pursuit upon promotion to Dragon Master.

Sety does 16 damage (assuming that Holsety has no WTD - otherwise 14). Altenna and Faval both match that, leaving a 48 damage dent in Yurius's health. Shanan runs in to do another 12, bringing the total to 60. Dance all four, and you have a total of 60*2 or 120 damage to Yurius's 80 health. Enough to kill him once and half over again.

Regardless of the ridiculously convoluted nature of all of this, I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where Sety, Faval, and Shanan (all not-cantoing) are in a position to be Danced for in a square after attacking Julius. I guess you could attack at 2-range with the top two, Canto Altenna into position and then Rescue Shanan into position with Leaf?

Sety does 16 damage (assuming that Holsety has no WTD - otherwise 14)

The weapon triangle only affects hit rate in FE4, silly!

Plus, you seem to have had a numerical hiccup. Sety has 30 magic + 5 from the ring, with Holsety he has a net attack of 65. That gets halved by Loptous to 32. Julius has 30 res + 5 from Lopto. Sety's not helping ^^. Even if continue activates both times, he's dealing 4 damage :P.

Celice can manage 30 attack against Julius's 25 defense. If danced he can deal 20 damage. Julius has a bad habit of healing himself with his fortress of evil, but will take 10 damage during EP. Making it a pickle for Celice to kill him in a sensible timeframe. Altenna and Faval might help out, although you only have 2 power rings. One from Dobarl/Trabant and another from the village near Sety.

Cheap way? It's mentioned numerous times in dialog after the kidnapping that Julius can't be defeated without her. The game wants you to kill Julius with her.

The alternate dialog if you manage to kill him with Celice is just an easter egg and a reference to Medeus's death quote.

I've done it with Balmung!Lakche + Str ring + Dancer but otherwise on her own in 3 turns (2 turns minimum if she procs Continue every time) so Shanan should be functionally similar. Hell, if I can get Julius to have like 2 hit on Shanan he might actually attack the guy on EP and speed up this process. Yuria just makes it super easy hence it's cheap.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

...remind me not to do theoretical tactics while i'm half-dead from jetlag

Some part of me thought that Yurius had 25 RES, don't ask why.

(also if you're a boss you can berserk the hel bishop and lure away all his friends to get yurius to 1 HP - then anybody can kill him :B): )

It's still one turn, and I forgot you get two STR rings; it's actually kind of simple now that I think about it.

Faval or Altenna with the other STR ring does 22 damage. The other can attack for 16. Celice himself does 10. That's 48 damage, Layleen ensures that you can do it twice (and since two of those three have canto it shouldn't be too hard to set up the diamond).

Is there a video or just a known LTC clear of Epilogue done this way? After Ishtar getting Julia to Julius the fastest way goes something like 5 turns I think (plus you never need to engage the Ein Zwei Drei guys). The above does seem like it would be faster by a turn or two if you have your kill units south of Barhara waiting to be rescued up and you don't care when people without Nihil or just bad charge luck get killed (or if you plan for them to get killed to make room for another unit to hit).

IIRC there was a discussion in the FE4 thread about it. I'll see if I can get a video of it the next time I play FE4 with a full team (not likely any time soon, just FYI).

IDGAF if the game tells me to kill her with Yuria, if I can kill him with Faval I'm fucking going to do it.

Edited by Camtech

IDGAF if the game tells me to kill her with Yuria, if I can kill him with Faval I'm fucking going to do it.

Do as you wish. I just don't see the point in pondering how to slice bread with a spoon when there is a perfectly fine knife available.

Edited by BrightBow

because the spoon is sitting out there whereas I have to go spend time getting the knife out of the drawer? and because it works just as well?

Good point. But I think Faval is at risk of getting one-shotted by Wrath. And Athena is needed to stop her brother from conquering the castle. Yuria probably got Narga before Athena arrives at the capital.

Edited by BrightBow

eh

if anything the most low-turns you can get (not exactly "efficient" by any means due to the luck required) is to have someone berserk the hel bishop, draw away all his friends and get him to attack (and hit Yurius). you can then pick him off with literally anyone.

this is how i managed 228 turns (total) with neither leaf nor a dancer, for example