Sea Lion

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kay well I have some new stuff again.

recolor-2.png

Which pallet looks better and what else could be touched up?

Just so you all know I'm going to be changing the face later to make it original.

Also two battle sprites

The beginnings of a dwarf class

Dwarf-2.png

and the continuation of the robot.

Robot-3.png

Any critique on this would be awesome.

Yea in the third and fourth ones I did change the eye color cause otherwise he really did just look completely brain dead. And I see what you mean about the eyebrows, but I wasn't really sure where to put the eyebrows/make them more accented. And which one do you think looks best at the moment?

Edited by Sea Lion

I like the first one the best although I assume that's not an expression of sadness he's showing there XD

I would actually recommend using the first one for the sad expression by changing his mouth to make a sort of frown and making his eyes closed. The other expressions seem kind of goofy and don't exactly fit with the character since he looks like someone who's very serious (to be more specific, the eyes in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th mugs give off a very comical sense and give me an impression that I shouldn't take him very seriously).

So I tried making one of their eyebrows more intense and prominent and made the other one's less angular. I also tried touching up the body angle a bit more. Oh, and the trim, the trim is back to gold.

Untitled-1.png

Edited by Sea Lion

Yes, I think that looks a lot better than before. I would also suggest taking a look at the top-left corner of the lining on the front of his coat (the one with the button). It looks rounded off, so I think making it more angular would help.

He looks like he's about to cry, but if that's what you're going for then it's pretty good. The only problem I see is the trim on his shirt, it look too thick but that might just be me. :/ I like the maps a lot, the mountain on the second one is too square-like but a lot of in-game maps had similar problems so I suggest making the shape different.

Yea I might go back later and make him a little less sad if I want to put him in a hack. And I kinda thought the same thing with the trim, but I'm not so great at that so I'll put that off for a while.

I don't like mountains so that was my easy way out, haha.

So here's actually a new sprite. The face is from one of my older ones, but I want to use him as a solider in a new hack. Armor's a little boring to me, if anyone has some suggestions as to making it cooler that would be great.

solider.png

This is what he used to be, any advice on this would be great too. I might end up putting the beetle in again, not sure.

beetlerecolor3-3.png

New stuff, decided to make a personal sprite, the base is on the left. How do you custom hair?

Wip1.png

EDIT

So I tried making the hair, turned out surprisingly well. Not good, but better than I thought it would be. I could really use some help on this. Also touched up the eyes, mouth, and made the body a bit wider and neck a bit thinner.

Wip.png

Edited by Sea Lion

• 2 weeks later...

that river/sea/whatever thing is also way too straight. Like, you made sure there was no tile spam, but it goes in a straight line of tiles so it still looks unnatural.

Okay, yea, I was trying to make the beginning of a cobble stone road but I'll have to mess around with it some. And yea, I was afraid about that with the river thing. I noticed that after I finished and was too lazy to fix it.

And also, reworking my personal sprite.

old on the right, wip on the left.

Wip1-1.png

UPDATE:

Oh my god, did I just make decent custom hair? Someone tell me, I can't tell.

Wip3.png

Edited by Sea Lion

So everyone else was making them, so I figured I'd try one too. This is the sixteen color version, I still want to go in and touch up the spear tip as well as the shaft. How should I shade the neck? I tried to do how it was in his FE13 portrait, but I'm not sure it worked.

Updated version:

16colors-1.png

Still not sure about the neck and the spear head only looks slightly better.

Edited by Sea Lion

So everyone else was making them, so I figured I'd try one too. This is the sixteen color version, I still want to go in and touch up the spear tip as well as the shaft. How should I shade the neck? I tried to do how it was in his FE13 portrait, but I'm not sure it worked.

Updated version:

16colors-1.png

Still not sure about the neck and the spear head only looks slightly better.

You draw this all on your own? I like it--it reminds me of the style of sprites the Advance Wars series use. Though the colors do seem very dull and lifeless. Personally, I'd give it more lush colors, and I think the actual portrait of Donny does have lusher colors, too.

Edited by Celice