Best and worst

Marcia, Jill, Tanith, Oscar, Titania, Kieran, Reyson, and Boyd are the best gameplay wise. And Sothe, the dragons, Rolf, Lucia, and Bastian are the worst gameplay wise. As for personalities and character...

Marcia is still my favorite character in Tellius for that reason. She's fucking hilarious! Janaff's pretty funny, too, and I think Zihark is a bro. Also, Haar, Jill, Ike (still judging), Lethe, Elincia, Rolf, and Mist have among the best character development in the game. Characters I don't really like are Sothe (especially in FE10), Ilyana, Shinon, and Ulki when it comes to personality.

Lethe is really nice in the early game and Mordecai's always got utility on the side. The rest of the laguz are mediocre and kind of blow by end-game, but other than Ena and Nasir, they can be useful in some capacity.

From a gameplay perspective, Titania is the early game MVP obviously. Oscar's the most concrete by end-game with a great support range and awesome affinity which basically makes it impossible for him to die + pretty good offense + Sol and I think he ends up the best overall. Ena and Nasir, with their 5 move, 10 MT weapons and 1-range, might be able to damage Ashnard... with exp dumps, Resolve, and the patience of a saint. Sothe is also pretty bad, but he can be put to thieving duties at least.

From a personality perspective, Jill would be the one who most people agree is the best, but Soren is my favourite. Kieran and Marcia are hilarious and the best source of comedy. Devdan is my least favourite character. I never really cared for his supports or his base conversations. He's just a little bit too strange, and strangely boring.

Favorite: Makalov. That hair, man. I'll admit that Kieran is a more interesting character, but the guy grew on me.

Least favorite: Lucia. Aka free silver sword.

Edited by Doga

Best unit's got to be Zihark or maybe Marcia. If I haven't decided what kind of playthrough I want to do, I always end up using at least one of them. Worst unit is definitely Sothe!

Best character is pretty obvious, I believe. The one and olny: Naesala!

Worst character is probably Devdan. Never liked him.

Oh yes. Ilyana. Honestly, I don't see anything appealing about her.

There is nothing to her character besides that one quirk and she only provides rather sorry comic relief. What makes this worse, is that it's not just a cute quirk but has been shown to be rather harmful. She constantly faints, is very weak and is entirely dependent on the goodwill of the merchants. And that's not really funny.

Still, I would say Mia is the worst. Not that there is to much wrong with her but I think that it's kind of a problem that she is associated with the mercs.

I mean, all members have a lot of depth and synergy with each other, thanks to them getting plenty of time to interact outside of supports and info convos.

However, Mia joins too late to get any dialogue, so she kinda feels alien to the rest of the team. And her supports don't manage to levitate her above being two-dimensional, further making her feel out of place to her more fleshed out comrades. Granted, that lack of synergy only became a problem in Radiant Dawn.

If she doesn't count, then it would probably be Ilyana for reasons already stated or with Devdan because I just don't see the point with this guy.

Best is way easier: Jill.

For one thing, she shows us that doing the right thing can be immensely difficult. But more importantly, she does the very important job of humanizing the Daein people.

Levitating an entire nations above being merely a bunch of faceless racist bastards is quite an accomplishment. Not bad for an optional character.

Plus, she rides a dragon and can use axes after promotion. And she has armor that covers her entire back. What's not to love?

Edited by BrightBow

Oh yes. Ilyana. Honestly, I don't see anything appealing about her.

There is nothing to her character besides that one quirk and she only provides rather sorry comic relief. What makes this worse, is that it's not just a cute quirk but has been shown to be rather harmful. She constantly faints, is very weak and is entirely dependent on the goodwill of the merchants. And that's not really funny.

You don't think that chronic medical conditions are hilarious?

Best personality: Ike as he doesn't care for lords or nobles and he even raises his voice to Apostle Sanaki and can get inprisoned for it, Ike holds no grudges against Laguz and is happy to help anyone else he meets along the way out and really shows a lot of respect. I think he can be a bit hot headed at times but so what? It's really only against the black knight and for everything else he has Soren.

Worst personality: Devdan, someone with no actual skill or personality...at all... I could of put Mia down but my personal opinion on Mia is she isn't with the mercenaries to chatter and develop her personality she just wants to kick some ass which she rarely does because she kinda sucks in PoR.

Best Gameplay: Titania, she doesn't need help training and she is almost necessary in the early chapters where Marcia is pretty useful (mostly in LTC) she is often over-shadowed by other units late game such as Jill although she is still useful and mandatory for LTC I don't think there is anyone who can oppose to Titania's usefulness in this game simply because she is your most useful for the first twelve chapters.

Worst Gameplay: Devdan...again... this is a guy who comes at a later joining time than Nephenee (8 chapters) and has worse stats and doesn't even have Wrath, Devdan doesn't even end up good as a 20/20 unit he seems like a mediocore 20/14 unit. I think someone like Sothe can at least pick locks and steal, for free, but Devdan seems absolutely pointless especially as this is a mount dominated game.

Commiserations

Best personality

2nd Place: Shinon, he is HILARIOUS I love the way he is always ribbing Ike and complaining about Sub-Humans etc.

3rd Place: Volke, him not letting us see his personality is actually his personality

Worst personality

2nd Place: I really like him but Zihark what use are you for your personality?

3rd Place: Largo, you marry Callil and lose an arm that is litterally all anyone knows about you.

Best Gameplay

2nd Place: Marcia, great unit, full stop.

3rd Place: Oscar is in my opinion the strongest mount in the game.

Worst Gameplay

2nd Place: Rhys, he isn't a fighter and he is made redundant in my opinion as soon as Mist comes along

3rd Place: Rolf, too much work has to go into him and even then he is useless on enemy phase