FE6 sidequest requirements

Tables

I'm doing my first runthrough of FE6. I've been referring to the site because I don't want to bother doing the game multiple times and want to get the true ending, so I've been careful to not miss any important characters to miss sidequest requirements. However it turns out that while "Zeiss" wasn't required (ctrl+F, search the list, didn't appear), "Zeis" apparently was, and I didn't recruit him since I didn't feel like restarting the chapter for a junk character.

But I also notice the requirement on the site merely says he needs to be alive - and I never killed him. It also has a note by the first such "X must be alive" requirement saying "if you recruited him." Which makes me wonder, is that a general rule, or do they need to be alive AND recruited in all cases except that one (Elphin IIRC)?

I'm like 99% sure they have to be recruited as well.

Looks like it. Just completed chapter 21 and didn't get the sidequest. So since I don't really think I'm going to play through FE6 again any time soon, I think I'll just turn an Iron Sword into Apocalypse.

Whoops!

To be fair, FE6 does have some weird character requirements anyway.

It must have took me my 7th playthrough or something before I got all the sidequests and reached Idoun's stage (without a guide of course)...

Looks like it. Just completed chapter 21 and didn't get the sidequest. So since I don't really think I'm going to play through FE6 again any time soon, I think I'll just turn an Iron Sword into Apocalypse.

i'm not sure if access to endgame is based on an event that checks if you've been given certain items, or if it checks that you are in possession of certain items. it may very well be hacking an iron sword into an apocalypse still won't get you past chapter 22.