For all the MAFIA fans out there

Catt

Hi, it's me again. I notice you have a lively mafia forum here. I was wondering if any of you were dedicated enough players to consider joining our community here: http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/t865-there-will-be-brawl-mafia-sign-ups-confirmation

The people there have been doing mafia games for going on 5 years (26 games) with excellent standards of quality, in terms of story (there's an overarching plot that is currently nearing completion), balance, and intelligent play. The biggest game they held had an impressive 28 players competing in various different factions - we had masons becoming mafias, mafias becoming masons, an interdimensional demon that very nearly won the game... Nowadays things are a lot more quiet, with 16 players signed up for our current game (starting next week) but I feel 20 players is a really nice sweet spot, and anyone who could join and maybe stick around would be given a very warm reception.

The upcoming game is Call of Cthulhu themed, and the forum is made up of Nintendo fans and was originally made for the excellent web-series There Will Be Brawl. I go by my full handle Catterick there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and hopefully I'll see some of you there! :)

There's actually a specific dedicated mafia subforum here. Post this in our mafia headquarters. A few of us play on other sites as well, so I'm sure some of us might try out a game or two when we're less busy.

I will admit that. As a design major, I do question a few things about the site's ascetics (the colors in particular)...

An alternative:

Download this extension for your Chrome browser, and run it using Android/iOS mode, for a slightly different graphical layout with one featuring a color scheme offering less of a visual strain. It allows you to run sites in views that other technology would use, and Forumotion has a decent Mobile view.

Edited by Elieson

• 2 weeks later...

Given the progress of the current game I strongly discourage anybody who ever considered checking this out.

Maybe not a general thing but some people make it definitely not worth it.

psa to that other forum: it has come to my attention that you are awful at fact checking when making accusations (not related to game content)

if i hear more about this i will not be happy.

edit: actually you know what? i'm just going to say this outright. you don't fucking call any of my friends pathetic, and particularly when THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.

Edited by Curly Brace

Hey guys, this is Quaetam, from There Will Be Brawl; I'm a frequent mafia player and host on the site, and just wanted to give a quick explanation. I've been pleasantly surprised to see new faces around so I checked out your mafia forum out of curiosity and to see how things were going. During G27 (our current round) one TWBB member and one of the Serenes' Forest players had a couple clashes that seemed to be genuine emotional arguments, so when I saw Vhaltz' posts I spoke to the TWBB player in question asking him to back off a little because it looked like people might be seriously bothered by some of his posts, and that could run the risk of giving our community a bad reputation and atmosphere at a time when we'd picked up some promising new players.

Unfortunately that sort of backfired, so in the end the incident's more or less my fault, and I apologize for that, to both forums really. I can't speak for Snake or any of the other There Will Be Brawl players, but I certainly enjoy having the new faces around, even if you guys don't like the forum UI :P Ultimately, we're all just trying to have a good time, and I just want to emphasize that TWBB really is full of good people - it's a forum I joined for mafia, and a place I've stayed for the past five years due to its strong community and overall incredibly friendly and approachable atmosphere.

Also, a shout-out to Catterick for inviting you all to join us. The new signups have been a breath of fresh air and seem like good people all around, so thanks for coming along.

As for me? I'm incredibly busy IRL but if I find some extra free time I'd be interested in a game here.

Edited by Quaetam

Hi Quaetum.

This fella is a pretty diplomatic member of the TWBB community; I'm at least happy to see him here.

lol @ a site advertising without being involved in the community at all (this is really kind of disrespectful imo but if people are having fun then it's all good) then people immediately causing an argument

lol @ manix threatening people with the prospect of him being Mad At Them On The Internet

ngl I thought Vhaltz's post was really kind of harsh but because I thought the premise of this thread was a bit rude I was just like "whatever". But yeah I doubt anybody would seriously hold a grudge over this. I am kind of curious what the offending posts said though.

Cool, I remembered my password.

lol @ a site advertising without being involved in the community at all (this is really kind of disrespectful imo but if people are having fun then it's all good) then people immediately causing an argument

To be fair, the rest of us didn't know about this thread until new people showed up. :B I agree that advertising is rather disrespectful but that wasn't anyone's intention.

I'm sorry that drama went down that shouldn't have happened. We're not all THAT bad. :B

the simple solution is that you guys come here

our community's active and organized and all that fun ish

Reasons to migrate to SF Mafia

• Serenes Forests' professionally designed UI
  • Added features (such as post ISO functionality)
  • Minimal, if any, drama-inducing members
  • Organized Mafia subforums with many EZ-2-READ documents on both how to Mafia and how mafia works here
  • Multinational & Multisite playerbase
  • No temporary limits on what can be posted upon joining SF
  • Dedicated iRC chatroom and Skype room for mafia utilization
  • Improved game setup design process
  • Comprehensive games list including and organizing 4+ years of mafia games
  • We're all gay, and who could complain about that?

Cool, I remembered my password.

To be fair, the rest of us didn't know about this thread until new people showed up. :B I agree that advertising is rather disrespectful but that wasn't anyone's intention.

I'm sorry that drama went down that shouldn't have happened. We're not all THAT bad. :B

Also, welcome back to SF Mafia! I'm glad to see more TWBB Ambassadors coming to visit~

you've been a member here for longer than I have . Good job m8

Edited by Sara.