Anybody who doesn't like it can three themselves.

Nayr Farros

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that's much better. And I agree with Phoenix, maybe one or two more pixels would make it better still (although I doubt it).

That being said, I feel that his jacket doesn't represent Link's enough. I know that you're not doing a direct copy of Link, but still I feel that it could be a little closer (or at least spruced up since it's quite boring atm).

...but I'm probably stretching it, so feel free to ignore this.

The eye on the right (OPV) looks better, but the opposite one looks... really weird. Like the whites are on a completely different angle that the other. Kinda makes it look like the eyes are looking at opposite things.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, the sash's blue seems pretty nice to me. It's the hair that's abhorrent. It pairs poorly with the skin tones, and convulses. Its blue with white is more pleasing than its tan with blue.

Also, that hair is really funky. It is even facing the same direction as the face? It looks like you just copy-paste'd Eliwood's hair or something. Same with the medallion connecting the sash.

Edited by Celice

He's right, the angles of the hair and medallion are off. Not to mention the shading on the farthest right (His, not ours) side where the hair meets the head is very awkward, creating a dark spot. One of the things that you may be able to do is make the hair and sash colors differ. It's doable at any rate, they can afford to share one color (maybe the darkest shade) and have the lightest two shades be different, making them blend better with the areas that they have contrast with.

One of the fun points of hair is that when you splice it doesn't have to be the same angle as the original body. It'll just look like it's styled differently.

And yes, I used the hair from Eliwood's epilogue sprite because it looked the most similar.

comparison2.png

The whim was to recreate the original look and pose as closely as I could as simply as I could.

But I ran into... complications with the cloak that forced me to use the cloak from my Marth sprite.

Then again, all FE4 hair is bad like that but I see your point, however you blowing up the sprite made me notice something; why did you use the fifth skin shade for the inner right collar instead of the outline? It looks odd.

Like I said, crazy whim.

If you look closely enough you can find plenty of similarities between characters that can be used for splices. IS' artists reused a lot of poses and other stuff.

Like this failure. Made from simple splicing and minor custom work.(I consider it a failure because of that damn hair scrunchy)

tiltyu.png