New 6 min video

Velth

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just sayng that's the closest thing I get with the katakana. Literally, it would look like this.

Se-ru-jyu.

Which as far as my brain cannot even think of a name that would seem even similar to that other than like Sarge or Surge.

Serge?

Hmm...Kensatshi or how it's pronounced. Killer Edge is now an ability???

Hot Start.

I see an icon similar to a dragon Pool ability from FE10, similar to the Power Wave thing from when we got footage of skills for the first time. Looks blue. Can't quite tell the kanji. Magic Power Wave?

Prayer's back.

Some skill with the icon of a horse.

Iyashi no Kokoro. Something heart. What does Iyashi mean?

Healing. I find it interesting that you can read kanji without actually knowing what they mean.

Now, hold on a minute, my Japanese isn't amazing but am I really hearing that we'll be able to demote units in this game?

Healing. I find it interesting that you can read kanji without actually knowing what they mean.

Now, hold on a minute, my Japanese isn't amazing but am I really hearing that we'll be able to demote units in this game?

There are items that will let you regress to a previous class. Various SRPGs have had items like these before--Langriss IV, for example, with their Rune Stones.

Serge?

In my defense, that doesn't look like a name anyways. No "but here's the internet list of names" stuff, cause I mean it doesn't look like a name because I've never experienced anyone with something even close to that as a name.

Kanji is easy to read, as long as you know what the kanji itself means. I don't recognize hirigana phrases though as I'm not 100% fluent here.

Updated the Skills list.

+1

EDIT: I was a little worried at first when I saw a whopping five skill slots per character, but upon seeing these translated descriptions (thanks again Vincent!), they actually appear pretty balanced. The only skills I feel will be truly broken are Defense Cry/Magic Cry (seriously, +4 def/mag to all adjacent allies on command? dafuq), Magic Expert, and maybe Strength Cry depending on what it does. omfg generals might actually be useful this time

Edited by Jaffar7

+1

EDIT: I was a little worried at first when I saw a whopping five skill slots per character, but upon seeing these translated descriptions (thanks again Vincent!), they actually appear pretty balanced. The only skills I feel will be truly broken are Defense Cry/Magic Cry (seriously, +4 def/mag to all adjacent allies on command? dafuq), Magic Expert, and maybe Strength Cry depending on what it does. omfg generals might actually be useful this time

Defense Cry and Magic Cry don't seem that useful to me, given that stronger skills have existed in the past without even being particularly good, let alone broken.

Let's face it: if skills weren't going to make a difference, there would be little point in adding them. The whole "collect skills to make your favorite characters stronger" thing would be pointless, too.

And since we're talking about skills.

I noticed Astra's animation is simply a normal attack -> pursuit -> normal attack -> pursuit -> normal attack routine. Perhaps critical and skill activation during it is going to be possible.

And reclassing is probably going to allow Astra/Lethality, as Myrmidons change into Swordmasters and Assassins.

How's that for overkill, guys

Edited by TheEnd

Defense Cry and Magic Cry don't seem that useful to me, given that stronger skills have existed in the past without even being particularly good, let alone broken.

+4 defense and magic to up for 4 units every turn seems absolutely ridiculous. What "stronger skills" are you referring to? Because none come to mind.

It's a list of known Skills. It's way too early to know them all right now : P

Wonder how the Change Proof will work going from a promoted class to Manakete.

There's only two scenarios.

If Manakete counts as a non-promoted class you can access it when you're any Level. If it's promoted, you need to be promoted Level 10+ to access it.

Serge?

In my defense, that doesn't look like a name anyways. No "but here's the internet list of names" stuff, cause I mean it doesn't look like a name because I've never experienced anyone with something even close to that as a name.

Kanji is easy to read, as long as you know what the kanji itself means. I don't recognize hirigana phrases though as I'm not 100% fluent here.

Too my knowledge the name Serge translate into japanese as Saaji at least that's what I was taught when I was studying japanese. because there's no native 'er' sound in japanese its usual is represented has the long "a" sound like power is powaa. I could be wrong and there may be more ways to translate the name. Se - ru- jyu to Serge sounds possible, but also it's not usually a female name the only female variant i think may exist is Sergine or something similar...

+4 defense and magic to up for 4 units every turn seems absolutely ridiculous. What "stronger skills" are you referring to? Because none come to mind.

Night Tide is passive and gives a larger boost, and everyone knows it sucks. Strength Cry and Magic Cry are probably going to be a lot more useful.

Is scale girl from the trailer a Manakete?

Which one?

velvet.png

This one's Velvet, the last of the Taguel, who shift into ferocious bunnies.

nono.png

Nono here's the loli Manakete.

Edited by VincentASM