Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he plans to ax the branched promotions. Not only did they utterly fail in FE8 (as there was always one class that was better than the other or they were so equal there was no need to have split promotions), but removing them also frees up space for more classes.

Get out, Aran in this game? So is there going to be a Sentinel Class in this game or something too?

Probably not, unless MK404 makes 3 tier.

Which would be awesome.

Which isn't happening. While there will be a difficulty increase, MK404 isn't exactly known for wanting overly hard games. Adding in Third Tier classes (if there were room for them anyway) would only serve to make the game easier. Plus, there is the issue of class caps that you'd have to bring in to play then. The second tier classes would either have to have their caps nerfed to accommodate another promotion, or the third tier caps would basically be 30s across the board (which is useless).

Which isn't happening. While there will be a difficulty increase, MK404 isn't exactly known for wanting overly hard games. Adding in Third Tier classes (if there were room for them anyway) would only serve to make the game easier. Plus, there is the issue of class caps that you'd have to bring in to play then. The second tier classes would either have to have their caps nerfed to accommodate another promotion, or the third tier caps would basically be 30s across the board (which is useless).

This.

Not something I'd like to do anytime soon.

I'm Fado in this ROM hack, soul1112. In the FE7 ROM hack, I'm Hector.

Hoorah, an update.

FEASDScrns5.png

It's Chapter 5. Angela, the little girl, warns Laura of a Grado assault, while Salver and Ryoko, the Cormag character, tell Saar how to do his job. Julie has fond memories and gets to figure out why Zephiel killed Linoan and I. Aran is just there to assist and stuff.

Where Julie tells Laura how she can hold her own, she goes on to preach about never giving up, like the character mentioned in the screen above her.

Man, I love Will and AW: Days of Ruin. :')

Next chapter will be the hardest thing ever... :(

Edited by Mage Knight 404

Plus, there is the issue of class caps that you'd have to bring in to play then.

Eh, theoretically that's just a matter of editing the image to proportionately fit. . .

Not that I can accomplish that. But it's not suddenly impossible for that reason.

Edited by bunny

Eh, theoretically that's just a matter of editing the image to proportionately fit. . .

Not that I can accomplish that. But it's not suddenly impossible for that reason.

That's not the issue, the game can handle max stats over 30, but any player characters stats over 31 is wrapped around to 1 when certain conditions are met. (I think restarting, possibly changing chapters and some other things cause it.) It's how the stats are read from the RAM, I believe.

Anyway, looking good MK404, now hurry up and go finish your FE7 hack so I can finish it. :(

It doesn't matter, since it's not being done anyway.

-----------

I approve of the screens, though something is bugging me about Aran's face sprite (of which, I'd need to look at the actual sprite).

This reminds me that I need to finish up a few sprites still that I've been putting off for a while...

I'm Fado in this ROM hack, soul1112. In the FE7 ROM hack, I'm Hector.

Thanks, wow, you're doing great and I like the idea that you're adding new classes.

Awesome, Micaiah's in.

Oh, I want t make a portrait(Fire Emblem GBA style), what software should I use?

And where do I get the palettes?

While that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand, here are your answers:

1) Paint.

2) Make your own or get them off of existing sprites.

While that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand, here are your answers:

1) Paint.

2) Make your own or get them off of existing sprites.

Thanks and:

*Back to the topic*

As he said in the first post of the topic:

A teaser video will be released after 5x is done, and then it's back to finishing up the FE7 hack, but the first patch here will be at the route split. This ROM hack goes hand-in-hand with the FE7 ROM hack.

So, as soon as he does Ch. 5x (which he's partially started on, I'd assume, since he's already posted the screens for Ch. 5) and releases the demo video, he'll be getting back to the FE7 hack.

Edited by Lord Glenn