Fire Emblem 3 remake for the DS

So glad to hear about this.

Was expecting six though, since the prequel's already been released here....actually, they could just send us the game with the translation.........

FE6 seems suited to DSiware IMO.

GBA cartridge can hold 64 megabits or 8 megabytes (and i doubt FE6 takes up the whole cart), and most DSiware titles are a bit larger than that. Translate it, keep the graphics ect, perhaps add 2 screen/X and Y button functionality, add some FE7 characters to the trial maps (and make Hector and Eliwood a Knight Lord and a Great Lord) and you are set.

Edited by deuxhero

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No complaints here, apart from the fact that not only can I not find FESD in stores but I'll also likely never get a 3DS.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Get rid of it. Unless they can come up with a different style and completely overhaul the game, Wi-Fi was lame.

Yet people still play it, so saying "get rid of it" is kind of lame to those that like it.

Although I'm somewhat disappointed with them not releasing a new game in between, I am at least glad they're continuing with the series! This wait was one of the longest ones yet and I was terrified they had cancelled the series. Besides, it's not a strange move, considering these games haven't been released in the West yet. I'm curious to see how it will end up. Maybe it'll even light up that ol' Fire Emblem spark in me ^^

I'm personnally not terribly thrilled by this remake. I was disappointed by Shadow Dragon's lack of new conversations, and my greatest fear is that it may be the same with New Mystery of the Emblem. :/ I may be wrong though, and if that's the case my interest on this title will go sky-high.

It really looks like I'm the only one here who never even liked supports or the conversations that went with them, and never put any actual effort into making them and, if there was a really easy support to make that I ended up doing, I just skipped the conversations. They're not that well written, they are normally fairly boring, and even the added "personality" from them, most characters are still incredibly generic.

I don't like support conversations, just the supports, and only in the games where they are not annoying to build (FE9, FE10, and to a lesser extent, FEDS). I am OK with the concept, mechanically, and wouldn't mind something in this new game that doesn't require me to stand two people next to each other for 200 turns.

Edited by Interceptor

I didn't even know how to unlock them in FE7 first and even after I found out how to do them I rather did them for 100% completion back when I could still stomach collect-a-thons.

I find support conversations to be a nice deviation from the main game, but nothing groundbreaking. Besides, the best FE stories are plot-driven (and you FE4 people should agree on that) and personally I find the background of the world the game's set in more interesting than character background.

I have a feeling many people here are mistaking 'narrative' for 'story'.

I didn't even know how to unlock them in FE7 first and even after I found out how to do them I rather did them for 100% completion back when I could still stomach collect-a-thons.

I find support conversations to be a nice deviation from the main game, but nothing groundbreaking. Besides, the best FE stories are plot-driven (and you FE4 people should agree on that) and personally I find the background of the world the game's set in more interesting than character background.

I have a feeling many people here are mistaking 'narrative' for 'story'.

Plot-driven and character driven. Weren't it for characters such as Sigurd, Eltshan, Alvis, Levin or Cuan, FE4 1st-gen wouldn't be as interesting story-wise. Don't underestimate the power of strong characterisation in a storyline.

That said, I agree with you that the background of the world is vital in a good story. I wouldn't have enjoyed FE4 as much without its rich mythos (also driving to the point : I'm much more a player who likes storyline and narrative, than its gameplay, although I certainly enjoyed FE4's orthodox gameplay more than the more traditional one of the FE series - also a reason why I enjoyed FE Gaiden a lot - . Maybe a reason why, since a few years, I'm more and more attracted by the Adventure Games genre with games such as the Ace Attorney series, Snatcher or the Tokimemo Drama Series).

I liked supports best in FE5 where the supports are there right off the bat. Made some units pretty strong. GBA support system must never see the light of day again and as for conversation... I don't mind if they don't return.

I can never understand this. If anything, I want it to return FE7/8 style since I believe it was the best of them all...

Support BONUSES... As in, you know, unnecessary... It'd be one thing if you had to have certain supports to win the game, but to complain about something being bad when it's so trivial like that...

I can never understand this. If anything, I want it to return FE7/8 style since I believe it was the best of them all...

Oh it's quite simple: I prefer units getting support bonuses the way they used to, by being within 3 spaces of each other with no requisite as opposed to being forced to tether my characters together for so many turns just to get the bonuses, some being completely useless. Simple as that.

FE9 improved on and FE10 became the most flexible.

Support BONUSES... As in, you know, unnecessary... It'd be one thing if you had to have certain supports to win the game, but to complain about something being bad when it's so trivial like that...

Killing off characters to get to a gaiden is far more trivial since no1 in their right mind would attempt to use 15 or more characters if they intend to play the game well or improve on their previous runs. This gets way more complaints than the GBA support system.

Support bonuses improve characters you're actually using and either minimize problems a character may have due to being slightly RNG screwed or speed up a character's improvement, both of which are welcomed to newbies who have trouble with the games or "pros" who want to improve their records/strategies/etc.

Play FE5, compare Fergus without support and Fergus with Karin support (+50% critical when Fergus doubles due to higher SPD) and then tell me the support's not worth it specially when the only requirement is simply to have Karin 3 spaces away from the guy.

Edited by Speedwagon

On the issue of Support Bonuses, you guys know that a number of characters in Shadow Dragon gain support bonuses by default? Its why Marth, Shiida and Ogma make such a good team. The sequel has even more of these, I believe.

No special conversations, no, but the system of bonuses is still there at least.

People forget about Shadow Dragon's supports because they are silly and inconsequential. The +HIT doesn't matter because nobody is going to miss (except earlygame, when there are no supports), the +avoid doesn't matter because the avoid calculation in FEDS is balls, and the +dodge doesn't matter because enemies don't know what critical hits are. The crit bonus is the only thing that matters, except it's only +5 and takes three years to get to.

Unless you're in the Brute Squad, FEDS supports are not doing anything for you.

Well, there are some situational uses, like Jake and his harem boosting his hit with Stonehoist, but then again nobody is going to be near Jake after the first turn, so yeah.

Oh it's quite simple: I prefer units getting support bonuses the way they used to, by being within 3 spaces of each other with no requisite as opposed to being forced to tether my characters together for so many turns just to get the bonuses, some being completely useless. Simple as that.

FE9 improved on and FE10 became the most flexible.

Killing off characters to get to a gaiden is far more trivial since no1 in their right mind would attempt to use 15 or more characters if they intend to play the game well or improve on their previous runs. This gets way more complaints than the GBA support system.

Support bonuses improve characters you're actually using and either minimize problems a character may have due to being slightly RNG screwed or speed up a character's improvement, both of which are welcomed to newbies who have trouble with the games or "pros" who want to improve their records/strategies/etc.

Play FE5, compare Fergus without support and Fergus with Karin support (+50% critical when Fergus doubles due to higher SPD) and then tell me the support's not worth it specially when the only requirement is simply to have Karin 3 spaces away from the guy.

3 spaces sounds reasonable but I just want my characters to be able to get to A within 3 chapters and have conversations acknowledging eachother's existence beyond, "Hi, nice to see you!" "Thanks for the offer!"... FE9 had a good support system that made sense, but I really don't give a damn about 'what makes sense', I want bonuses for many many chapters, not getting an A until chapter X simply because you can't doesn't sit well with me.

As far as actual supporting goes, what they should do is give different conversations per level of support depending on what events happen, like in 9 (One thing I reeeeally want done again but improved upon).

And as for FE5, call me stubborn, but I will NOT play that until that god awful 'fatigue' system is removed.

And as for FE5, call me stubborn, but I will NOT play that until that god awful 'fatigue' system is removed.

Fatigue system was awesome.

Besides, if the fatigue system was an issue to you in FE5 you're kinda doing it wrong.

Fatigue system was awesome.

Besides, if the fatigue system was an issue to you in FE5 you're kinda doing it wrong.

Sorry, I refuse to be punished for using the characters I want beyond having a harder time to raise them up. Fatigue is an element of realism that really detracts from the Gameplay.