Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that bandit talking with a Jamaican accent?

Awesome.

And you totally named a character after me.

Where is the patch for this?!

Edited by Agro

Is that bandit talking with a Jamaican accent?

Awesome.

And you totally named a character after me.

Where is the patch for this?!

Haha I guess you can say he does

And I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't know there was someone named Agro here lol

The patch will be out after I'm done with the first story of this Hack.

Welp, gonna lay down my two cents here. I like what I'm seeing here, actual difficulty being present, a number of characters having more than one line currently, and a general greater polish and effort seen here than in a lot of other FE ROM hacks I've seen; the fact that it's moved past the first few stages shows promise enough. Gonna be honest, I see this going reasonably far if this keeps up. Definitely wouldn't mind playing it or even LPing it once a patch is sprung.

That said, gonna have to inquire about something. The video recorder you use seems to frequently freeze in numerous places and it's a bit disorienting. I don't know if you've tried VBA's built-in AVI recorder, but if you have and it's a desynch issue you're worried about, have you tried a re-recording build of VBA? I've had one for years and it's what I use to record the ASD videos I have. A friendly suggestion~

Though I can't really offer anything, know that this project has my support. :3

Looked at the last few videos, and I'll have to agree with Ray, this is looking pretty good.

The only thing I can suggest inb4peoplegetonmyassforthis is to find a spriter to clean up the splices. They've all got pretty good ideas, but the shading is rough in some areas. If you got someone to clean up where you spliced and made them look real solid, this would prolly be one of the best hacks on SF.

@Ray: Thank you for all the good compliments! :)

Yeah, I noticed that my recorder has been doing that and I have no idea why its doing that. I been using Camtasia 7.0 the whole time.

I tried using the built-in recorder of the VBA but, it always kept giving me problems. Idk if there is another better recorder I can get that doesn't freeze and stuff.

@Seph: Thanks Seph! :)

Yeah, I'm going to post a forum soon to get a spriter to help me out.

Edited by NYZgamer3

@Ray: Thank you for all the good compliments! :)

Yeah, I noticed that my recorder has been doing that and I have no idea why its doing that. I been using Camtasia 7.0 the whole time.

I tried using the built-in recorder of the VBA but, it always kept giving me problems. Idk if there is another better recorder I can get that doesn't freeze and stuff.

Try to not record fullscreen like you are. Shrink the VBA down to normal size (or x2), and shrink the Camtasia recording screen to match.

Try to not record fullscreen like you are. Shrink the VBA down to normal size (or x2), and shrink the Camtasia recording screen to match.

Alright, I'll give that a try and see if that works.

Thanks for the tip.

No problem. I've actually been wondering why you've been recording fullscreen, since, unless you've got a great computer, that would be pretty taxing.

No problem. I've actually been wondering why you've been recording fullscreen, since, unless you've got a great computer, that would be pretty taxing.

Lol, I just thought it would be greater quality but, I guess not.

Btw do you know any great spriters so I can have an idea who to choose to help me out with my sprites?

Since you're good at them, why not helping me out if you don't mind?

Alright, I'll give that a try and see if that works.

Thanks for the tip.

please. That, and the 50 minute-long videos have kinda put me off from really watching them for more than a minute :d

Woo hoo chapter 5!

Damn you like to call people scum

So um Mil's mug just looks...off to me. And the smiling frames are legit just the talking frames with a bit more shading on the right side haha.

That Legault/Gerik/Nergal and other people splice looks pretty nice. I feel like the shading around the messed up eye makes it stand out and you may want to fix that a bit.

Otherwise it's looking great!

Woo hoo chapter 5!

Damn you like to call people scum

So um Mil's mug just looks...off to me. And the smiling frames are legit just the talking frames with a bit more shading on the right side haha.

That Legault/Gerik/Nergal and other people splice looks pretty nice. I feel like the shading around the messed up eye makes it stand out and you may want to fix that a bit.

Otherwise it's looking great!

Thanks Fuzz!

Yeah, I'm bout to start a topic in the sprite section to get help on my sprites and see if they can help me out on them.

You can help too if you like too :)

use VBA re-recording 23.2 if you're not using it already (not sure if there's more recent versions available, but this is the one that i use and it works like a charm)

also make sure that you're recording using the proper codecs

overall the quality is much better in an .avi recorded directly from VBA

use VBA re-recording 23.2 if you're not using it already (not sure if there's more recent versions available, but this is the one that i use and it works like a charm)

also make sure that you're recording using the proper codecs

overall the quality is much better in an .avi recorded directly from VBA

Alright, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll try what Seph said first, if that didn't work then I'll deff give this one a try.

Oh, one more thing about recording. If you don't like Camtasia or it starts giving you annoying issues (like having to wait for file to be created after you finish recording and then crashing), you can also record VBA in FRAPS if you use the settings I have shown here (any size you want it to be too without fiddling with Camtasia's window nonsense). You don't need a special VBA (the one from the VBA site is fine), and you never have to worry about desync and will know if lag shows up prior to the recording being finalized.

7diei.png

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to you your hack and playing it when you release your patch(es)!