• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Matthew of Relanth

Sex: Male

Nationality: Castrian

RPer: Obviously the RPer will be Trueblade74. Or how about 13th

Appearance: He stands at 181 cm, or 5 feet, 11 inches. He's lean, with tan skin and dirty blond hair trimmed neatly depsite a little choppily due to his cutting his own hair with a knife. His eyes are green, he has a small nose, and a pretty thin-set mouth. He wears browns and greens, and has dyed his light metal-studded leather armor in the same browns and greens. He has brown leather boots, worn from his common hunting trips before he joined the military.

Personality: Matt is a cheery fellow, though he can be kind of shy to some people. He tends to generally have an optimistic outlook, and it tends to be "contagious", spreading the cheer to his friends and allies. And oftentimes his enemies too. He can be moody at times, and tends to avoid fighting if he can. He likes hunting. A lot.

Backstory: As a young merchant's child in a small market town called Relanth, he was raised by his father to be the 3rd merchant in the family. Matthew hated it. Sneaking off into the woods to play when he should have been working on selling things, it caused his father to get increasingly angry. Until one day the store caught fire while Matthew was supposed to be selling stuff. It turns out that the fire was caused by a mischivous apothecary apprentice making use of his teacher's firebombs. But the fire caused the loss of the products in the store, and nearly spread to the next shop over before the fire burned itself out. Matthew's father worried, but his son's cheery escapade meant he was safe.

Using the time in the woods to learn how to traverse terrain and sustain himself, he is agile. He had taken a liking to his knife and his hatchet for hunting, and was capable of throwing both a short ways, usually to hit a deer that he had snuck up on. But when he heard of the need for light infantry in the army, he took his leave of his hometown and went to the nearest recruitment facility. His father gave him some old studded leather armor, and with that he presented himself. Some time later he had been working with a division of other scouts. His commander was from his own town as well, and renowned as one of the fastest in the little division. But when battle started, someone had been waiting for them. A small group of assassins had been positioned in the foothills. The division lost all but Matthew and 3 other scouts, 2 of whom died of their injuries soon thereafter.

Escaping into the safety of a nearby sheltering alcove in the rocks, he hid behind the rock wall of the entrance, which had about 3 feet in width of lip on either side. When the fighting ended, he looked outside. Bodies everywhere, and he looked for any survivors. But when the headhunters footfalls came, he had to run for his life. He found safety in the hills. Finding others who had run for their lives, he convinced them that he was not a headhunter looking for them. The survivors reluctantly let him into their safehouse.

Class: Scout

Level: 1

Attributes: 6Str/6Sta/6Dex/7Agi

Skills: Defensive

Equipment: (Don't pick any out, you'll be given a starting set based on class. Being from the army, the first users to join will probably have slightly better stuff on them.)(I desribed the armor and weapons he enlisted with. Give him what he'd get or let me use those. Either way works.)

(If I need more, let me know.)

Edited by 13th

A small group of assassins had been positioned in the foothills

Not assassins. Skirmishers, mercenaries, bandits, deserters, sure. Not assassins.
Finding others who had run for their lives

From... what, exactly?

Apart from that, accepted.

By assassins, it was a group of skirmishers placed there in wait for a group to pass through. They had crossbows.

Others had run for their lives for some reason. Its probably those who deserted is what I meant.

Edited by 13th

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty interested in this RP you've got going on here, thinking about joining maybe. I do have a question though, why no Lances as a starting weapon? They have pretty much been the backing of every single army in history before the introduction of the firearm, kinda seems strange without them

While you raise a solid point, standard Selarian armies integrate polearms only in militia units. If you were militia you'd probably be dead by now. Selarian military doctrine favours individual bravery and heroism over a group mentality backed by tight discipline.

I should probably put this kind of thing in the OP somewhere. Maybe tomorrow.

Name: Oscar

Sex: Male

Nationality: Castrian

RPer: Eail

Appearance: About 6 feet 5 inches in height (My height for future references) Has brown hair about to alittle above his shoulders. Fairly average looking, neither handsomenor ugly but just there. Several small scars randomly around his face from years of his training. Despite all of his training in theart of battle Oscar isn't actually all that muscular but he is a prime example that looks can be deceiving. For reasons unbeknownstever to even himself, Oscar prefers to stay in his armor whenever possible

Personality: Despite Oscar's ratherimposing appearance he isn't truly all that violent of a man unless truly angered, in which case you had best start running. Oscar has always been sort of a loner in life, only ever truly had a single person he could call a friend due to his desire to be on his own for periods of time. If Oscar does ever befriend person, youcan guarantee that he will do almost anything for his friend,including taking a blow for them. ( NOTE THIS IS PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT) Ever since he could remember Oscar has felt more at ease whilst in the company of females compared to other males, likely due to being raised without a father figure in his life. (THIS IS AS WELL)

Background: Oscar was born to a family consisting of a Soldier for a father and a housewife for a mother. While Oscar was still young his father was slain in combat against a group of Bandits, the only memento he has of his father is his old sword, if at all possible Oscar would prefer not to use this blade unless absolutely necessary as he feel's he is not worthy to use the weapon that belonged to his father. After his father's death Oscar has not gone down the path other lads likely would have taken, which would be the route of revenge. Instead Oscar merely wishes to protect the innocent from people like those that killed his father. Due to his father's murder he as an EXTREME hatred of Bandits and others like them.

Class: Warrior

Level: 1

ATT: Strength 8

Stamina: 9

Dexterity: 4

Agility: 4

(This guy was built to Tank)

Skill: True Grit

Equipment: His Father's Old Sword ( I like to think it looks like a Silver Sword from Radiant Dawn) Other than that just the normal starting equipment for a Warrior

Edited by Eail

I'd say the Classic Knight Weapons, ya know Sword and Shield (Wanted a Lance but that was tossed out the window from our earlier conversation)

I eventually plan on him using his father's sword but that's only after quite a bit of combat when he feels he's become strong enough to match his father based off what he was told.

If you feel this might be a bit too Mary Sue'ish just let me know and I'll change it

Edited by Eail

• 2 weeks later...

Considering a fight is about to commence, I figure I should post Oscar's equipment and Combat Stats before it starts

Equipment

Weapon- 1H-sword

Shield-Kite Shield

Armor- Heavy

Combat Stats

Attack-11

Evade- 6

Hit- 7

Doubling- 1

Damage- 16