Hm... Possible news about this game?

Hm... this was part of the interview with the magazine Hobby Consolas apparently, the same one where they talked about Awakening having to sell more than 250k, but this later part seemed to be mostly ignored because it wasn't in the first scan.

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/articulo.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1369329094&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/articulo.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1369200449&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

What can you say about that crossover between Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei?

- Hitoshi Yamagami: For a long time, I wanted to create a FE on ours times, on the real world. Imagine a Pegasus that comes from the sky and lands on the Building 109 of Shibuya, Tokyo. I always though that would be incredible. At the same time, I know it’s hard because of how FE is. I visited many companies to express these ideas. When I went to Atlus, I was told that Shin Megami Tensei together with Fire Emblem is what I wanted. So, I soon said that to Intelligent Systems and started this very special collaboration. Oops! I shouldn’t say that the game takes place in the real world. We haven’t announced it, right?
- Others: Not really.
- Masahiro Higuchi: Not yet.
- Tohru Narihiro: Well, anyway, this is how the project was born, mixing these kind of ideas. I’m sure you’ll get to see the birth of a new franchise and interesting ideas.

So, it sounds like SMT x FE might be basically a modern Fire Emblem game, with magic and supernatural creatures fighting in the modern world.

Edited by NeonZ

I hope it doesn't have anything modern in it. FE needs to stick with medieval stuff. It just would not work in a modern setting. If this happens in this crossover, I've lost all hope for this game.

Considering that most if not all games of the Megami Tensei series take place in a modern setting, ranging from mid-late 20th century to recent years, and that the interview specifically mentions "our time, in the real world" and that SMT was suggested for this reason, your hope is as good as lost, no offense.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know, I'm curious about that statement mentioning about birthing a new franchise. Would this mean that if this proves to be successful, we would be seeing more FExSMT games in the future?

I think...that's what he meant...

Anyway, that news sounds interesting. Even though some people might think FE being in some kind of modern setting would not work, you never know. They just might be able to pull this off. I don't think this whole time setting and modern vs medieval is/should be the biggest concern. It's more like how they'll incorporate the FE aspects with all the SMT stuff... but we'll never know until they release more information.

...Do we even know if it'll be localized? I'm sorry, I haven't exactly followed closely behind this crossover game.

...Do we even know if it'll be localized? I'm sorry, I haven't exactly followed closely behind this crossover game.

There was an English Trailer so I would say yes to it being localized.

I'm a fan of both FE and SMT, so I'm interested in seeing how this game pans out.

Well, so far SMT always managed to merge Fantasy and modern setting really well.

Ordinairy modern people fighting with swords, spears, magic and whatnot against demons.

Add something like the class system, supports, and tactics from FE and that sounds like an awesome game to me.

To be honest I don't mind a modern-like Fire Emblem, as long as they don't use guns and lightsabers and tanks and Cavaliers don't ride bikes instead of horses. I imagine something like Fate/Stay Night for the SMTxFE game (as in, the characters will interact with a modern world, but that's pretty much the only thing).

It's got my interest, but I'm not sure if it will be ever released outside Japan or if I will ever get my hands in a Wii U.

Thinking about this again, I guess SMT x FE might be stepping on the toes of the Devil Survivor-sub series of the Megaten franchise - SRPG with supernatural creatures in the modern world. That might explain why they aren't giving any information about this game - they're about to launch a Devil Survivor 2 for the 3DS, after all, so they wouldn't want to steal/split the spotlight of that game.

Ahh, this shed many light on how they game would look like. Would they use already existing character or create a whole new cast of characters for the game? Can't get enough hype for this.

I really meant a modern setting more than characters, as I'm aware SMT has modern type characters.

SMT usually dealt with post apocalypse modern world. Sometimes the technology or aesthethic taste revert back to older era pre-apocalypse. I don't know how they will dealt this time. Probably IS and Atlus would make a middle ground/mixed bags between the two.

To be honest I don't mind a modern-like Fire Emblem, as long as they don't use guns and lightsabers and tanks and Cavaliers don't ride bikes instead of horses. I imagine something like Fate/Stay Night for the SMTxFE game (as in, the characters will interact with a modern world, but that's pretty much the only thing).

It's got my interest, but I'm not sure if it will be ever released outside Japan or if I will ever get my hands in a Wii U.

SMT Demon have something like Eligor who ride hell horse, while at the same time, there is Hell Rider who pretty much Ghost Rider with more magic power. And Guns? Who the hell need guns when you can beat demon out of the crap with bare hand?Seriously SMT is really a mixed bags. One characterhave guns as their weapon with another character wield spears beside them.

Atlus have pretty strong fanbase in NA, and IS with Awakening pretty much have the best momentum to release another worldwide game. They SHOULD release it worldwide because Atlus/SMT already ensure quality for some people that enough for them to buy it. SMT x FE itself already got me preparing to buy a Wii U unit, and perhaps it will be the only game I'll ever have for this console.

SMT Demon have something like Eligor who ride hell horse, while at the same time, there is Hell Rider who pretty much Ghost Rider with more magic power. And Guns? Who the hell need guns when you can beat demon out of the crap with bare hand?Seriously SMT is really a mixed bags. One characterhave guns as their weapon with another character wield spears beside them.

Atlus have pretty strong fanbase in NA, and IS with Awakening pretty much have the best momentum to release another worldwide game. They SHOULD release it worldwide because Atlus/SMT already ensure quality for some people that enough for them to buy it. SMT x FE itself already got me preparing to buy a Wii U unit, and perhaps it will be the only game I'll ever have for this console.

I was speaking about the idea of a modern-era FE (or FE characters riding bikes intead of horses, for example). I wouldn't have any problem with the game if it has guns and that kind of modern stuff, as long as they don't give them to FE characters.

Guys, it WILL be localized. We got an English trailer in a Nintendo Direct. Why the hell would they do this and not release it in North America? xP

Also, after reading some of the other stuff you guys are saying, maybe I'm giving up hope too soon. We'll see what the game actually looks like before I make my final decision.

Edited by Anacybele

It's quite a reasonable expectation. This game will have a cast of SMT characters after all as well. They can be the ones handling the more modern things and stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

We really need more news so we can get a better how the game ended up as. This new is important for me because it like a ray of light piercing clouds of shadow, but apparently it not enough to wholly brighten the day. Will it feature already existing characters? Or a whole new one? Damn, the new is too few to make a coherent prediction >__>

Ah, one thing I hope that the game followed IS direction of design to make a fair difficulty. Atlus game (the older one though) tend to relly on cheating AI to make their game difficult.

That last tidbit got me very excited for the eventual release. Any news is good news, I would assume the Pegasus to be considered a demonic creature.

I love to read through speculation, so this is why I'm going to go with a theory based on lineage, and the time for those worthy of wielding some weapons to come forth.

Reawaken the Marth/Caeda/Ike/Roy/Chrom within you. Something, something with long elegant hair, headphones, and hipster glasses just for fun.

In addition to being a Lord, I also double as a Seer, and my seer senses are tingling... JACK FROST WILL BE IN THIS GAME.

”Hee-ho” he said.

The first thing I imagined after reading the OP is Caeda flying down gracefully from her pegasus to ask the player character if he/she needs a hand. Then she'll float beside the player character, swooping down at the enemy with her Wing Spear every now and then in the battle sequence. IMO, Caeda is the definitive pegasus knight of the franchise, with her beauty and charisma being unmatched by any other peg. knight in the series, and if anyone were to appear in that sequence the developer outlined, it'd be her.

That being said, I am very interested in the gameplay and mechanics above all else, but it is likely that we will know nothing of those things until release. I will go back to ignoring this game until we get something else to chew on.

Caeda is not the definitive pegasus knight in the series

she is the definitive female character in the series, and by far

Ehhh I want to see how they mixed them

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Chances are:

1. The FE characters came to the modern world as Einherjar(yes, even Chrom)

2. The SMT characters found a portal to FE universe

If the real FE characters just came out from nowhere to modern world that's just weird.

Gameplay-wise, I think it's gonna be like Warriors Orochi.

Edited by Noire