(Pokemon) Fire Red/Leaf Green Draft

Ike-Mike

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you obviously grinded her extensively for even just semi-decent results.

Besides, I was always going to drop her for my starter in the long run anyway, its better for saving exp.

Actually I didnt grind. Mega Punch/Secret Power/Strenght, Sing, Water Pulse/Shock Wave/Focus Punch/Counter, Dream Eater Wigglypuff is pretty boss ingame...

Oh and Sapphire variant had Rollout thanks to higher catch lv...

Also if someone tells me Clefairy is better remember:

1) it takes forever to find Clefairy

2) Jigglypuff shares its route with Nidos so its far less annoying to find

3) Jiggly has better counter

Edited by Sho.M.the.Money

As said Clefairy is far bigger pain in the ass to get than the extra babying Jiggly needs just for better durability and rather meaningles +10 SAtt and some speed when were going to spam sing anyway. :dry:

Also training after getiing pound is far less annoying than most thinks because the balloon spams cute charm and Sing. Also do note that it dont actually need to be used at all before evolution if its that annoying have to admit it is. Id say ~lv 10-12 Wiggly with Mega Punch can take on the skrubs around nugget bridge and they can be found up to lv 7 as wilds. Actually I think I draft this thing in the redux :B):unless I get snorlax

No more annoying than Nidoran M is in LG, and you wouldn't mind walking around for him, I'm sure. And more speed/SpA is always useful, especially when I'll be giving it Spec moves.

1) Actually in grass you meet pkmn 3 times as often as in caves so looking for Clefairy is 3 times more annoying not to mention that Nido M is so much more worth it :dry:

2) I rather take the Jiggly I find while I look for Nido M than first look for Nido M and then go to the cave for yet another 1% rarity (note that Jiggly has desent 10%)

3) those better stats are so not worth looking for Clefairy

4) if I had Green I would Use Nido F because its so much smaller pain to find and rapes the game about just as well as Nido M

Edited by Sho.M.the.Money

I think not using one or more of your Pokémon, or only using them for HMs, completely defeats the point of drafting. =/

I also think Ike-Mike is avoiding answering.

So, because mekkah keeps moaning about how I didn't use Jigglypuff, I went back and... got Jigglypuff. I soon remembered why I dropped her. She is outsped by level 2 ratata when I caught her. Pathetic. And I also realised the problem with sing spam: 55 hit fml. She better be worth it.

So my Ivysaur's exp is now going to a piece of useless fail, and my potion supply mysteriously vanishes (Into whom I wonder). But I get my Jigglypuff to level 13 from the triners in route 3 and wlak into mt moon. Forgot to use repel and enter a battle... Clefairy. >_>

So I 'breeze' through mt moon, and by 'breeze' I mean Ivysaur is an absolute godly failsafe for when Jiggly dies (which is virtually every battle at this point). Constantly having to go back to the pokecentre is a pain, but w/e. Get to cerulean, gave Jigglypuff both megakick and megapunch because no one else in my squad can learn them (not even Pinsir, annoyingly enough), and she's finally good. Didn't use her until Gary, but by this point her level was good and she managed to get 2HKOs on all of Gary's pokemon with Mega Punch/Kick. Sadly, she missed once against charmander and fainted from ember, but Ivysaur could clean up fine, as usual.

Now I literally breeze through the joke that is nugget bridge, reach Bill and head to vermillion, when I decided to once again save some trainers for Doduo/Staryu. Saved in Vermillion.

[spoiler=stats]

Level 25 Ivysaur (Mild): 
Razor Leaf/Secret Power/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder 
HP: 71
Atk: 39 
Def: 36 
SpA: 56 
SpD: 47 
Speed: 41 

Level 24 WigglyTuff (Bashful): 
Sing/Mega Kick/Mega Punch/Rollout
HP: 107 
Atk: 42 
Def: 34 
SpA: 41 
SpD: 29 
Speed: 29 

Is it sad I've already gone through this game one and a half times already?

So yeah, beat the SS. Anne, but this time it was actually a challenge because lolwigglytuff. Well, only Haze was a challenge, I guess. Skipped most of the trainers on route 9 and Lt. Surge, ready to fight later for exp. You should know most of this, I pretty much did teh same thing I did the first time. Simply put, I'm trying to get Staryu and Doduo as fast as possible.

Giovanni and haze were once again nightmares for Wigglytuff, forcing Venusaur to try his luck against Kadabra and Charmelon. Luckily, the level gap made it easy, especially with sleep powder.

[spoiler=stats]

Level 36 Venusaur (Mild):  
Razor Leaf/Secret Power/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder  
HP: 112 
Atk: 70
Def: 65  
SpA: 95
SpD: 80  
Speed: 74  

Level 35 WigglyTuff (Bashful):  
Sing/Mega Kick/Mega Punch/Rollout 
HP: 152  
Atk: 66  
Def: 48  
SpA: 58  
SpD: 40  
Speed: 42 

• 2 weeks later...

Yaaawn.

Garterbelt keeps beating rest of cycling road and hits lv 37 before it run out of PP so Fastener took over and reached high end 36 himself.

Then I went to solo da gym with Kneesocks. Only thing even mildly interesting was lv. 38 hypno that critcalled Kneesocks. Oh well killing it got Corset to lv 37, rain dance, evolution and Magical line of 100 hp. By the time I met da big guy Kneesocks was lv 38

Koga had no change against my Body Slams and Digs... But then his Muk came in and started spam Minimize and acid armor... After it used Hyper potion I had to use plan B known as Garterbelt... It soon run out of Sludge uses and rest was waiting for Struggle dry.gif with Chuck who did a miracle with Secret Power hitting lv 36. In the end I had to beat Weezing by fucken fastener who got to lv 37

• 5 months later...

And since this is on the first page, it's magically not a necropost!

I name myself "SPIKER", and my Rival "0-0".

I take the Squirtle as my starter of choice, and name him Sigurd. Yes, I'm that obsessed with FE4, even though I never play it anymore. Therefore 0-0 takes the Bulbasaur.

Next thing you know, BATTLE! Sigurd tackled the Bulbasaur to death. Levelup yay!

After that, heal and save time. Whoopee!

• 2 months later...

So, Route 1. I get a potion because healing is cool, then run into a stupid Pidgey. The Pidgey decides to be stupid and almost kill poor Sigurd, making me use the potion I just got. <_<

So, after that I go to the Pokemon Center and heal, then withdraw the other potion I forgot I had. Naturally, the next stop is the mart. I dislike how the mart llays the pokecenter music. <_<

So, the shop guy gives me OAK'S PARCEL. Yay? I guess I'd better return it, like the good child I am. Because I am good. Then the shop guy won't let me buy more potions. <_<

So, time to head back. And like the child I am, I walk through the grass, when suddenly AAAAH ANOTHER PIDGEY! D: But this time I 4RKO (3HKO with 1 Tail Whip) it. Stupid Bird. Sigurd levels up and learns Bubble. Then suddenly, another battle.

So, it's a Rattata. And it's level 2. I 2HKO (2RKO) it necause it's a pansy. Pansy. After that I'm in Pallet Town. I stop and talk to my fake mom, and she puts me to bed. "Mommy I dun wanna!" <_<

So, after a brief timeout, she lets me leave again. What a strange lady. I rush out hurriedly to talk to Oak about my mommy issues... but he ignores me and takes his parcel instead! I totally wasn't going to steal that. <_<

So, it out it's only Poke Balls. 0-0 comes in and acts like the asshole he is. He gets a Pokedex though. I get one, and some Poke Balls, too, mainly because Oak is a lazy twat. 0-0 comes at me and tells me to not talk to his sister. lol guess what I'm doing now 8]