Anybody who doesn't like it can three themselves.

Nayr Farros

@Jubs: I guess that means you're like Markyjoe and it was the armor color you had a problem with.

@Seph: Blends too much for my taste(armor pieces are separate from each other and merely fastened together, outline makes that more apparent.). But I guess I'll leave it like that.

Noooo, change the color baaaack.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another preview.

Before/Old: FrederickFormat.png

After/New: FrederickReplacement.png

Yes, I used my Ephraim for Frederick's replacement(I said I use what is on hand.) I just had to make a helmet last night(with a PLUME!)

Edited by The Illusive Man

@Jubs: I guess that means you're like Markyjoe and it was the armor color you had a problem with.

@Seph: Blends too much for my taste(armor pieces are separate from each other and merely fastened together, outline makes that more apparent.). But I guess I'll leave it like that.

i think a little of that and a little of the outline :P Maybe it's just cause that's the color that comes to mind for Siegfried. I dunno :P

That old one is like whoooooooooah derp. The new one is WAY better.

Edit: the right opv side of his helm looks too triangular though. Should curve more imo :3

Edited by Jubby

It looks nice an' all, but can no one make a halfbody without taking the pose directly from one of the FE4 arts? I mean, come on.

and jubs, old Siegfried was nice, but this one does look better. Only real, easily noticed, problem is TOO MUCH OUTLINE COLOR.

coughAKcoughMEcoughsomeotherpeople

Sprites are sprites; same-old. But now, something about a patch? Other than being courteous, permission isn't really necessary, considering Blazer has absolutely no permission to steal and edit a game he has no rights to, and release said-edits as if they were his. Your addendum patch isn't stepping on his toes (an exterior modification does not overwrite the actual by default, but has to be applied intentionally--so responsibility shifts to whoever patches, not who creates the patch); nor is it forcing anyone to use it, and at the moment, the worst it could do is ruin what Blazer wants his characters to look like--all of which are problems solved by your patch being optional and non-endorsed. You shouldn't need permission unless you're wanting to feel warm and fuzzy about it, because the entire context is built on a lack of permission.

Soldier-dude reminds me of a Langrisser unit. That's pretty neat.

EDIT: Actually, that new Sigfried is awesome though. He can't turn his head without bashing his chin into his armor. Locked peripheral vision FTW!

Edited by Celice

I actually used the feud between him and FEU as leverage. But nothing works with him. If pushed into a corner, he resorts to "You don't know anything about TU."

That reminds me, I should use a different title for my version.

Also after that whole stuff with FE4A between Marthur and myself, I find having permissions to be wise.

Weelllllll, when looking at the half body, the shading of the armour piece on his chest looks a little funky to me... Maybe it's how it looks super thick on the left side of it? =o

I'd rather it have more impressive sprites, too, but to call it something different under your own name seems as if it's taking credit for all the work he did, even if you do indeed say he did it and such. Just my opinion. XD

But that said, I'd probably use your added patch and wouldn't mind helping you with it if you don't know how to find/allocate free space for the portraits and stuff :)

The chest hair looks a little rough to me. Looks more like bad scarring. The cloak also seems to have multiple directions and angles without being consistent.

Wolf, made him for a splice contest awhile back and have revisited him.(The pieces used in the contest were Lloyd, Karel, and Eliwood.)

Wolf.png

cnc plz

xrrP.png

Expression: Ok First and foremost his face has virtually no expression, it looks like he could be sad? but isn't? I'm not sure, take a look at red box for some facial expressions, snarky, pompous and mildly cheerful from left to right, just work on the brows and mouth for this as well as the shape of the eyes. I'd pick an expression, and work on that, whatever it may be?

Collar: the collar shading's really lackluster, to me that sort of collar looks like the trim would be either chunky and defined line hector(orange box) or flatter and part of the cloth like Celeste(orange box).

Chest hair: As has already been said, the chest hair doesn't really look like hair, try defining the shape a little more? (Yellow box has some chest hair pics) I'd not go with fe7 fargus as his kinda looks like dirty worms? try for a crisp approach with aa where absolutely necessary.

Cloak/scarf: Try to define it a little, it's really just melded into a blob, give the cloth some purpose with some defined lines and remember cloth bunches and folds, particularly when it's raises as high as his scarf thing is, it would need some obvious folds to portray this.

Hair: Lets start with the outline, as you can see when you drop the shading out of his hair, the silhouette and shape of it really reveal how misshapen it is, it sort of lacks any flow or structural form. his forehead seems to go on forever and his head ends almost flatly after that. Try working on the bangs and the actual outline of the hair to remedy this, look at how Eliza's silhouetted hair curves back down on the far side, maybe try something like this? That purple hair spliced thing(Marissa) I made also shows how sharp defined tips can give FE hair a really nice clean silhouette.

Hair shading: Try to steer clear of segmenting chunks of hair into blobs of 'plasticine' the far side has quite a few of them, try to keep an open path where you can trace the lightest hair shade, only things like parts in the hair or really defined curls and styling should segment this. Add some personality to the hair shading, don't let his hair just sit lifeless like a mop.

Nose: the far side of his nose (at the bottom) near the tip seems really darkly shaded, it sort of breaks the flow of an otherwise decent nose shape.

Anyway, that should give you somewhere to start :)

• 2 months later...

As some of you may know, I've managed to reduce the backgrounds from the GCN/Wii FE games to be compatible with the GBA games.

I've got 221 images compressed into three folders in the first post of this topic and they are free to use, edit, etc. Only stipulation being that myself(the one who converted them) and VincentASM(the one who provided them) are given credit for them.

I do it to everyone, you don't get special treatment.

Smiling frames look like they could use some work. Might wanna give 'em the same treatment as the normal frames. Right now they just look like :P

I do it to everyone, you don't get special treatment.

Smiling frames look like they could use some work. Might wanna give 'em the same treatment as the normal frames. Right now they just look like :P

Define special treatment. Sometimes it looks like you're extra snarky with me.

Also maybe try being nicer when you cnc everyone in general?

NuRavenFormat-4.png

I'm nice when people follow cnc and improve on their work :P

so if you want nice Seph, better get workin'.

don't particularly care if you think this is rude or not, it's just how I am, your choice on how to deal.

well hey look at that, you fixed the mouth frames. good job :3

Edited by seph1212

NayrRaven.png

Pink: I think that part of the collar's trim could be a bit darker.

Green: I don't think the outline colour is necessary in that part of the shirt.

Grey: Seems like a bit too much of the darkest red.

Blue: I think you should shave that part down a pixel or so.

Purple: Not really sure why this part of the hair is disconnected. :P

But yeah! I really really like it! :) Very Raven-y and that belt buckle/strap on the right is beautifully done.

Edited by eCut

I'm nice when people follow cnc and improve on their work :P

so if you want nice Seph, better get workin'.

don't particularly care if you think this is rude or not, it's just how I am, your choice on how to deal.

I've listened to every word of advice you've given today, have I not?

- I raised the shoulder to shorten the length of the neck.

- I removed most of the outline from the inside of the sprite.

- I lowered the far side of the collar(You didn't mention that, but now you don't have to.)

- I changed the smile frames to look more like the talk flaps.