FE8 Lords + Bow Users EphHM Playthrough

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying this playthrough?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come now, Gerik isn't THAT good. He isn't a hero. :P

Chapter 16: Ruled by Madness

Turns taken: 8

fireemblemthesacredstonk.png

Gave Eirika the tome as well as the body ring, because she's gonna need some help.

Before starting the chapter, I went to buy some more bows at Port Kiris (Chapter 9: Distant Blade - Eirika's route) and some more javelins. Next chapter has killer bows available, so I didn't buy many to save some cash.

fireemblemthesacredstonl.png

The mission? Finish this chapter as quickly as possible. The plan was to send everyone north, through the door, and then have Moulder warp (with his 4 range of manliness) Ephraim and Gerik near the throne so they can take on Orson. Sure, the 5000 gold wasn't obtained, but I have the silver card now. Not to mention I'm pretty much only gonna buy bows from now on since Ephraim and Eirika have all the lances and swords they need.

fireemblemthesacredstonbz.png

fireemblemthesacredstonc.png

Eirika will be perfectly fine. By this time, I had Gerik shooting at Orson.

fireemblemthesacredstonn.png

Thankfully the druid below him didn't attack, or this may have ended up badly. Gerik killed him easily, and got two level ups: HP, SPD, LUCK, and DEF in the first one, and only HP in the second. The second one was A-OK, because this Gerik is amazing.

fireemblemthesacredstonei.png

Motherfucker. At least he dropped a free physic. Warped Innes over to kill the knight blocking Gerik, who then killed the priest in one shot. Ephraim seized.

fireemblemthesacredstono.png

fireemblemthesacredstonx.png

I'm ready, lategame.

Chapter 17: River of Regrets

Turns taken: 6

This chapter's a joke, but bow-lock can make it hurt.

Boots!Ephraim got him more than halfway to Lyon with a Tethys dance. As for Eirika and the others, they handled the enemies to the west no problem. I didn't bother recruiting Syrene, because she's recruited at the end of the chapter anyway.

fireemblemthesacredstond.png

Thank you for being able to 1RKO these bastards, Gerik. Ross and Garcia can also 1HKO wyvern riders with the steel bow, which helps a lot.

fireemblemthesacredstonw.png

Man, these guys pack a punch. Thankfully I didn't mess with 'em.

fireemblemthesacredstontu.png

I could've ended this by turn 5, but knowing my luck with FE8's RNG, I didn't go for it. The results were quite good, though:

fireemblemthesacredstona.pngfireemblemthesacredstonp.png

SPD is capped.

fireemblemthesacredstonoq.png

Both Gerik and Garcia hit B bows this chapter. Hopefully I'll have Gerik get enough WEXP to get to S bows, so he can wield this baby.

fireemblemthesacredstonk.png

Thank the silver card.

Chapter 18: Two Faces of Evil

Turns taken: 14

[spoiler=Take 1]

fireemblemthesacredstonzi.png

I've never done this chapter without a flier before, truth be told. It's not so bad, honestly. Just watch out for the eggs.

Ephraim went to the southeast and worked his way up, while Gerik, Neimi, and Eirika rushed to kill as many monsters as they could. Ross, Garcia, and the healers slowly trudged behind.

fireemblemthesacredstonaa.png

fireemblemthesacredstons.png

This jerk oneshots Moulder and Natasha. Gerik took it out in time before it could do any major damage to anyone else.

fireemblemthesacredstonyc.png

DAMMIT.

[spoiler=Take 2]

Okay, new plan. Just rush rush rush. Eirika didn't kill as many monsters this time around.

fireemblemthesacredstonhx.pngfireemblemthesacredstonj.png

Well, this seems to be turning out better. Neimi and Gerik handled the northwest easily with minimal damage. I got them up there before the reinforcements came in, so they were able to get rid of most of the eggs fast, as well as dodge some attacks before clearing everything out.

As for the others, Ephraim took out the boss after Ross baited it out, and soon took out the monsters that hatched from the eggs.

fireemblemthesacredstonc.png

They all have long range magic. Fortunately, they don't move.

fireemblemthesacredstonp.png

Gerik finished off the final monster and ended this chapter. And thus ends the last annoying chapter of the game for this run. Ephraim capped STR and SKILL, and Ross hit C bows.

NAME    LVL   CLASS       HP  Str Skl Spd Lck Def Res Rank
Ephraim 20/9  Great Lord  44  27  26  24  19  14  13  S Lances
Eirika  20/3  Great Lord  32  14  23  23  18  13  14  S Swords
Ross    20/4  Warrior     41  23  18  11  28  14  8   A Axes   C Bows
Garcia  20/6  Warrior     48  19  19  11  13  14  6   A Axes   B Bows
Neimi   13/12 Ranger      45  22  15  23  19  12  12  S Bows   D Swords
Gerik   20/10 Ranger      52  25  23  23  13  21  13  A Swords B Bows
Innes   --/4  Sniper      33  15  14  16  16  10  10  A Bows

Edited by ZM456

Chapter 19: Last Hope

Turns taken: 3

fireemblemthesacredstonxe.pngfireemblemthesacredstony.png

WHAT. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN.

Innes and Gerik started in the northwest, Moulder and Neimi were at the left staircase, and everyone else was where Mansel was.

The torch staff helps a lot here. Because of it, I managed to get the brave bow before this chapter ended. Aside from Ephraim, Neimi, Gerik, and the healers, the others didn't do much. They killed an enemy or two before Ephraim beat Riev.

fireemblemthesacredstonjr.png

Turn 2.

fireemblemthesacredstonnm.png

I wanted to get Natasha far enough to reveal where Riev was so Ephraim could finish him off before the enemy phase, but her MAG range isn't too good. Ah well, Ephraim finished the chapter anyhow.

fireemblemthesacredstonue.png

Normally I'd be mad, but there isn't much left to gain now, is there?

Ephraim 20/11 Great Lord  46  27  26  24  21  15  13  S Lances
Eirika  20/4  Great Lord  33  14  24  23  19  13  15  S Swords
Ross    20/4  Warrior     41  23  18  11  28  14  8   A Axes   C Bows
Garcia  20/6  Warrior     48  19  19  11  13  14  6   A Axes   B Bows
Neimi   13/12 Ranger      45  22  15  23  19  12  12  S Bows   D Swords
Gerik   20/10 Ranger      52  25  23  23  13  21  13  A Swords B Bows
Innes   --/5  Sniper      34  15  14  17  17  10  10  A Bows

Chapter 20: Darkling Woods

Turns taken: 30

Stocked up on a bunch of bows (silver, killer, long) before heading out for the endgame. Ephraim finally gets to wield Siegmund (as well as Vidofnir), and Eirika gets to use Sieglinde (as well as Audhulma).

I wanted to take my time for this chapter to try and get Gerik to S bows or as close to it before the final chapter. The enemies here aren't too difficult at all, and even Garcia and Ross can double a few.

fireemblemthesacredstonl.png

fireemblemthesacredstonrh.png

Garcia/Neimi C support? Alright, Garcia needs all the help he can get. He now has two fire supports, which is VERY good in FE8.

fireemblemthesacredstono.png

This has basically become a grinding area for Gerik's bow rank.

fireemblemthesacredstonv.png

Ephraim/Eirika C support...which actually kinda fits here.

fireemblemthesacredstone.png

Maybe I underestimated the enemies here. It was getting to be a handful, so Ephraim and Eirika had to break out Vidofnir and Audhulma. I never knew about these reinforcements, since I usually warpskip this chapter. After a few more waves of reinforcements, Gerik finally hit S bows. So he, Ephraim, and Eirika charged over to Morva, who was then shot down by Gerik.

Ending the chapter on a good note. Innes got to S bows, as well, and Garcia's more than halfway to A.

Ephraim 20/13 Great Lord  47  27  26  24  22  15  14  S Lances
Eirika  20/10 Great Lord  37  15  28  27  22  15  17  S Swords
Ross    20/9  Warrior     44  26  20  12  30  14  10  A Axes   C Bows
Garcia  20/9  Warrior     51  20  20  11  13  15  6   A Axes   B Bows
Neimi   13/14 Ranger      47  23  15  24  20  12  14  S Bows   D Swords
Gerik   20/14 Ranger      55  25  24  24  16  22  14  A Swords S Bows
Innes   --/7  Sniper      36  17  16  17  17  10  10  S Bows

Edited by ZM456

Looks like you underestimated that last chapter.. Also how dare you miss Shin, Shadow, Konnor, Ghosteon and my discussion on the Zelda timeline! =P

Edited by Jedi

Put the links to every update in the OP, as well as putting every update before chapter 13 under spoiler tags.

Final Chapter: Sacred Stone

Turns taken: 11

fireemblemthesacredstonie.png

Alright. Everyone went up the left path, except Garcia and Ross, who handled the few enemies on the right side. The angelic robe wasn't obtained, unfortunately.

fireemblemthesacredstonm.pngfireemblemthesacredstonr.png

The enemies here aren't a pain as they were in the last chapter, but I still had to play rather cautiously. The Shadowshots can hit hard, and one almost killed Eirika.

At turn 9, Innes, Neimi, and Eirika cleared the way so Gerik and Ephraim could take on Lyon for the final time:

THE DEMON KING

Ephraim and Gerik weakened the Demon King substantially, and I decided to have Neimi put in the finishing blow. I couldn't film it due to it being too long, but I do have the shot:

fireemblemthesacredstonb.png

And there you have it. FE8 beaten in 374 turns with strictly Ephraim, Eirika, and bows.

Corrections:

Chapter 2 was actually beaten in 6 turns.

chapter 10 took 10 turns, but the game says 11. I'm saying 10. If it was 11, this playthrough would've taken 375 turns.

Chapter 11 took 10 turns.

And before anyone asks; I will NOT be doing Creature Campaign. Unit analysis in the next post.

Edited by ZM456

LORDS:

fireemblemthesacredstone.png

fireemblemthesacredstonz.png

Ephraim did really well, like always. Eirika's low STR disappointed me, especially since she got the boost thanks to the energy ring and the Metis's tome, but she did well overall.

BOWMEN AND NEIMI:

fireemblemthesacredstonu.png

fireemblemthesacredston.png

fireemblemthesacredstonv.png

fireemblemthesacredstonn.png

fireemblemthesacredstonxk.png

This was the first time I made Ross a warrior, Gerik a ranger, and using Garcia.

Ross was slow, sadly, but still did quite well overall. He reached B bows before Lyon was defeated, too.

Garcia was basically a weaker but tankier Ross, but he did well, too. His supports with Ross and Neimi helped him deal more damage.

Neimi, despite promoting early, was great for me, unsurprisingly. Her SKILL was a bit low, but she was still a necessity, and was the one that put the Demon King out of commission.

Gerik was an absolute monster. If he wasn't locked to bows and could still use swords, he would've wrecked the entire game singlehandedly right after he promoted. His level ups kinda dwindled later in the game, but he was still amazing. Possibly the best Gerik I've had.

Not much to say about Innes, honestly. His joining time held him back, but he still helped.

OTHER UNITS WORTH MENTIONING:

fireemblemthesacredstonh.png

fireemblemthesacredstonf.png

fireemblemthesacredstona.png

Moulder and Natasha did their jobs well. L'Arachel would've done so, too...

:cry:

Tethys danced. That's all there is to it. Dancer/10.

Voila.

Edited by ZM456

Congrats on an amazing playthrough, I like bow users so this was quite enjoyable

I have a request for another possible Lord's + Bow users run you could attempt on your profile

Edited by Jedi

Congrats on an amazing playthrough, I like bow users so this was quite enjoyable

I have a request for another possible Lord's + Bow users run you could attempt on your profile

I thank ya.

FE4? That would be Sigurd, Midir, Jamka, Lachesis, and Briggid for Gen I, and then Celice, Lester, Johalva, Leaf, and Faval for Gen II. Something to think about.

Congrats, man. It was a fun read.

I thank ya.

FE4? That would be Sigurd, Midir, Jamka, Lachesis, and Briggid for Gen I, and then Celice, Lester, Johalva, Leaf, and Faval for Gen II. Something to think about.

That sounds pretty interesting. I'd agree with adding Finn just so Leaf isn't screwed in chapter 7.

Congrats, man. It was a fun read.

That sounds pretty interesting. I'd agree with adding Finn just so Leaf isn't screwed in chapter 7.

Thanks. :lol:

And yeah, that's a good idea. So, Fin will be used as well for both gens? Good enough for me.

If I ever do this (which is very likely at this point), there's gonna be a lot of rules being made. Julia will probably have to be used as well.

Yay. I need things to keep me from doing stuff that I've made commitments to :unsure:

IIRC between arena, dark warlords, and Narga being ridiculous Julia can take down Julius if you rerecruit her at base level in the final chapter, if that affects your decision at all.