FreeArtistia

Freohr Datia

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I just realized that on the sprite the gloves don't cover the whole fingers like in this pic =o Idk if I should fix it or not.

Wow, that's really good... The lines are a little rough, but, eh, not really that much of a problem. Practice will get rid of that. The only thing I can see which might be a problem is that her arm is a bit bendy around here ed76672a422934910d0b9ad5dcef8d22.png and could be straightened a li'l bit. But, damn, that's a nice drawing.

Okie dokie then.

Er, are you referring to that bit towards the bottom or just above the stringy thing?

brb i need to find my jaw it fell somewhere on the floor i cant find

xD Thanks but I'm sorry about the jaw =b

hory crappo-sama I didn't know you were so good at drawing

This started up in 08 and I haven't done any since. I just rarely do it D=

Oh and thanks ALS. =o Didn't think about Mist lol

Edited by Agnaktor

Okie dokie then.

Er, are you referring to that bit towards the bottom or just above the stringy thing?

I meant her arm the stringy thing, I guess now that I notice it. The loops fine, and so is the bend in the string, actually, since she looks like she's moving. Motion's fun, an' all. But yeah, I was talkin' about the arm xD

Well yeah what part of the arm didn't look right though? (if that was misunderstood idk cause tbh the strikethrough thingies are starting to confuse me =D)

Lol also idk if the bow's design is beneficial or not xD It kinda looks like maybe not... but oh well I wanted to make a pretty bow =3

Edited by Agnaktor

Overall, pretty good! One thing, though. She feels a bit top-heavy. Not in the sense of breasts, but like, her body feels heavier than the legs, when it should be the other way around. Emphasize hips more, and make the legs wider, so it looks like it would support her better.

:3

Ok, but would I have to bump over the bag too or something? =o Because that would be annoying XD

As for legs that'd be annoying too =3 But I'll still try

But yeah I would've posted the other edits by now but I had some other things I had to do as well =/ But guess it's a good thing I didn't post it yet because I have to do a lot of things to get this on here XD

Can't afford either xD

stupideraserstupideraserstupideraserstupideraser

Ok. Sorry it took a while cause I just finished my dinner. Hopefully the arm is better. I also made a few other changes that I forget xD Except I did change the gloves to make them match the sprite.

I made the bag part of it easy and just stretched it instead of shifting the whole thing =D But I think I stretched it too far because in order to occupy that space it almost seems as if I made the waist a bit too wide. ;-; I hope not. Should be easy enough though I suppose to fix that. I also made the feet a big longer too cause they looked small after the changes.

c88bzgke634rm1y6py1a.png

I hope this looks better =D

btw when I color this, I've tried erasing the background by just selecting and deleting the white areas in my photoshop-ish program =D but it still leaves small patches that aren't fully deleted since they aren't as similar to the color that I clicked on. Is there a way I can made it delete all that's highlighted completely? (I was wondering if anti-alias had anything to do with it, iirc what that is) And once I start coloring do I have the brush setting on normal and just try avoid hitting the lines?

Hey Free, go buy a mechanical pencil, 0.5mm type, 2B lead. It makes better, cleaner, and less rough line art, plus, you don't have to sharpen it.

>uses that shit like a pro.

Anyway, back to topic. Nice drawing you have there.

But the wrist is a little thin and hand is a little small if you compare them to the overall look of the body.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

Actually some of those thick line parts were intentional, while some were not =D But yeah I could still make intentionally thick lines with a thinner pencil xD

Heehee I suck at drawing hands =D But yeah of course I'll try fix it.

Thanks~

EDIT: Oh and luckily I actually have some money now =o So I can actually go buy them. Maybe I can ask my dad if I can get them today but he just went to the store yesterday and who knows if he'll feel like going again. Although the store he went to yesterday is 15-20 minutes away and there's another one about 5 minutes away that he might take me to...

Is it considered cheating if I retrace my own work? XD It'll be much cleaner I think and might make editing the hand easier on me =D

Ok my dad made it sound like he'd take me to the store today but apparently not. <_<

Ok it took another day but I have 0.5 pencils =] Time to get back to work

Edited by Agnaktor

Took a while before the computer was free. I've made my tracing of the original (feels like cheating XP), used 0.5 lead mechanical pencil, tried fixing the hand, and made a few edits of my own. Hopefully now it looks good XD

I almost liked it when I didn't fill in the rest of the eyes... But I realized that coloring this in and doing well wouldn't work well at all for me, since laptops and even mice, for me, are really hard to draw with and so I could fill in the spaces with color, but I wouldn't really be able to make highlights or shading, or anything like that, so I guess they'll remain like this. =D

mii5uxkx4hja2ep35gs.png

(I like messing around with the line thickness =D

Oh no.... don't tell me... her chin D8 Nooooooooooooooo I'm getting tired of this xD (cause, yeah I didn't really see that till I clicked "preview post")

EDIT: I don't wanna triple post this, but I also think this won't even be read D8 But I think I know what to do with Volke but I don't have any paper, so when I get myself some more paper, my plan is to redo Volke. Hopefully I can do this right, hopefully I won't get too frustrated trying to fix it, and hopefully I don't procrastinate to get it done xD Crossing fingers.

Edited by Agnaktor

• 6 months later...

Okay, my first piece of digital art~

My latest obsession

[spoiler=Huge image is huge]47864947255442752481.png

Critique critique critique please. Idk if I screwed anything up or not but if I did I would really like to fix it =3

Originally he was supposed to be running his hand through his hair =[ But I suck at hands. So I had to get rid of it. I feel that the positioning of the body looks kinda weird, or maybe it's just the shirt/collar... But it could just be me worrying too much. Either way, this definitely at least turned out way better than I was expecting it to, so I actually am feeling quite accomplished right now =D And seriously it seems I can never resist that prettyful face X3

Edited by Freohr Abr Datia

Oh man, that turned out really well! What program did you use?

Gimpy and their paths tool (I saw some video of using that to draw on youtube so I started using it myself). And thanks!

Hopy shit that is awesome

Thanks~

Must.... fix.... collar..... That's what's bugging me the most. I think I should make it a bit more... idk, squarish than curvy? Idk but I'm changing it >=I

Oh yes, and does anyone see any problems with the head? I kinda think the shape towards the top looks like it doesn't quite fit well.

Okay... I edited it anyway~ I hope this will do for me XD

80599957526667322192.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

• 2 weeks later...

1. Edit's not showing up.

2. *fangirl squeal over good Joshua fanart*

Maybe I iranblogged that link... But every now and then it just doesn't seem to work XD And thanks *also squee's just because it's Joshua*

I can see the edit, and I'm glad I can, it looks great!

And this is why I think it must be the case if it's showing again. And thanks to you too =3

First time I clicked on this thread.

For a second (emphasis on SECOND) I thought it was Yue and not Reyson. XD

=o Welp only a second can be good cuz I don't know who Yue is

Hopy shit that is awesome

Seriously, considering the content in the original post at the time it was posted I have no idea how this never progressed beyond a two page thread, considering some of the other stuff that got massive. Maybe Freohr Datia should have offered to sell drawings for Wii points.

• 8 months later...

Heehee 3 pages back

Typically I take quite a while to do anything but this took me a few hours or so which for me is very very impressive and speedy x3

But anyway, can't do any digital arty stuffs till I can afford to buy SAI which will be Christmas x3 So guess this'll do for now

[spoiler=Late late late fulfillment of Emerald's request~]

1mwth.png