Wings of Courage info

Dragoncat

This is an idea I have had for YEARS. It was originally a fangame concept. But that's not happening since I have tried and failed at that many times. Without further ado....

Tellius

Year 648

Five years ago, a great war shook the entire continent. The kingdom of Daein, led by King Ashnard, launched an unprovoked attack on the neighboring kingdom of Crimea. A small group of mercenaries found themselves right in the middle of the conflict when it was discovered that the young woman they had under their protection was Crimea's princess. After about a year of bloodshed, King Ashnard was slain and Princess Elincia was brought back to her homeland as queen.

Daein, however, had nobody next in line for the throne. Or so it seemed...out of the blue, a woman came forward claiming that her daughter had been sired by the mad king himself. The people had two choices: believe her story, or hand over their country to the Begnion Empire, which had been Crimea's most powerful ally. They chose the former, and crowned Queen Nyra.

Not everyone was happy with that decision. To a certain silver haired fortune teller, the new queen is nothing but trouble, resembling her father too much in a bad way. The fortune teller and her companions are following rumors that Nyra wants to once again throw the land into turmoil to awaken the dark god of yore, finishing what her father started.

Meanwhile in Crimea, the heroic group of the Mad King's War has up and vanished. Another band of mercenaries, led by twin wyvern riders, is on a mission to find them. With the Crimean commoners beginning to criticize the queen and her decisions more frequently and more loudly, it's only a matter of time before things get ugly.

It's the calm before the storm...

There's that.

I've been informed that fanfic signups havent been done here before. Really, it's not much different from RP signups. Just remember that I will be writing your OC. The more info you give me, the easier it will be, but please don't give me too big of a wall of text. If I get something wrong, then by all means, tell me! I will fix it. This happened before, where I got an outfit wrong and called the character by their birth name instead of the nickname they prefered. All the creator had to do was point out my mistake and I edited it to make it right. So please, don't let the fact that you won't be writing scare you away! I'm pretty easy to work with :)

Pretend you're signing up for an RP. But if you really need a form, here:

Name:

Race:

(It's Tellius, so it will be beorc or laguz. I will accept brandeds, but I don't want too many of them. There are four laguz tribes: beast, bird, dragon, and I moved the wolves to their own tribe, dog. Specify tribe for laguz.)

(Doesn't have to be a specific number. You can have a range or "teen" "elderly" or whatever.)

Class:

(I won't list them all. They're pretty much the same as they are in the games, only there's no sword knight/lance knight etc, and no armor sword/armor lance either. They're just cavalier and knight. The dog tribe is wolf, fox, coyote. If you're unsure about a class, ask. I reserve the right to have them promoted or unpromoted as I need to.)

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

(Those three fields are super important! Remember you won't be writing, so put a lot of thought into them to insure that I write them correctly! Images are okay for appearance. I will ask you to add more if it's needed.)

Role:

(Whose side are they on? What country are they from? Basically, what part do you want them to play in the story?)

Other:

(Optional, anything that wasn't covered by the other fields.)

World Map

tellius_by_rubydragoncat-d8gotgv.png

Edited by Dragoncat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it done before...on other sites though.

Forgive me for assuming SF was also open for it. Really, it's not much different than asking for RP signups. Only they don't get to control their characters. They just give me enough info that I can write them in and stuff.

I can't say I've ever seen this sort of thing here.

I can't see a point in giving you a character to write. If I make a character, I probably want to write them myself. There's plenty of problems that can arise with letting someone else write your character, including but not limited to, having them say things that would be OoC, writing their reactions improperly in a situation, having them do things they wouldn't do, etc.

I'm sure they could work with you, but I feel that one person having all that control over other people's characters would end poorly Looking at you, The Last Promise

But that's just my opinion.

You have fun if anyone decides to sign up.

I've seen this thing before. It largely depends on the writer and amount of control given. Do we get input beyond the sign-up? Or is it all you?

Yes of course you get input! I have the main plot idea but I'm open. As long as you don't give me a mary sue and demand that they get main character status, I won't shoot down suggestions, mostly.

Name: Kelly

Race: Beorc

Class: Mage

Appearance: Kelly is a rather short girl, clocking in at four inches below-average for her age, with relatively long and unkempt aquamarine hair that falls down to about her shoulders in length. She isn't in the best health physically and it shows as she is thin, somewhat boney, but has worked her best to overcome that. She wears a pair of half-frame glasses lined with silver at all times and keeps twin lilacs in her hair as best she can despite its state. She prefers to wear long dresses and gowns, usually of yellow or red color, as well as pants, but outright refuses to wear skirts regardless of the situation.

Personality: Despite seeming shy and uncertain at first around new people, once she's opened up it's clear that Kelly is many things. While not energetic girl she tends to be very passionate about whatever she's doing or thinking about. She tries her best to keep a clear-head regardless, but often succumbs to the many things that interest her. Magic, flower-pressing, cooking meat, designing weapons, dancing, trying to figure out what a 'fashion sense' is and why she doesn't have it, and the like. Despite her love for cooking, beef in particular, she often forgets to eat herself, as well as a few other things leading for some to suspect, often accurately, that she's a bit absent-minded. She tends to be uncomfortable around new things and ideas that she hasn't thought up or done herself, hence her shyness and dislike of approaching people.

Backstory: There was little to say of Kelly as a child. Growing up in Crimea she was a mage who studied the magical arts like most mages did. Thankfully, when Daien invaded, she was too young to be considered for drafting into either army or a real threat, so she was left alone along with her family. Her father was a blacksmith working in the capitol and her mother was a merchant, and it was through both these channels that the young Kelly first heard rumors of certain, potent, weapons held by a Pegasus Knight, a young cleric, and possibly others. Swords that, somehow, could wield MAGIC as well! Course, the existence of such weapons was not unknown, but they were rare and, to a young girl, seemed like a whole new concept and reality to her. When Crimea was freed Kelly set out into the new world with a single goal in mind. Taking what she had learned from her father and what she knew about magic she desired to see if she could find a way to actually mass-produce these magical weapons and, perhaps, bring them to the people!

Role: Neutralish/Crimea. While Kelly is Crimean and would technically side with Crimea if a line was drawn, her research and desire to try and create magical blades is on-par with that. Her big goal is to find a way to create wind-edges on a large scale, hopefully bringing 'magical' weapons to the people at last instead of leaving them to legend.

Other: Kelly keeps several, embarrassing, drawings of men in her tomes that she doesn't want others to know about. She can create weapons on her own, but due to her poor health, lacks the strength to make them herself. Kelly loves dancing and considers it the height of culture and is actually quite decent at it. She loves the arts in any form though.

Lol at the "embarrassing men drawings".

Thanks for the sign up! Before I even had mine in as an example too. Kudos. I'm wrapping my head around a few ideas on how and where to implement her now.

Oh, and I actually toyed with the more magical weapons idea back in the day... ;)

Ah, this is that idea you were telling me about. If you want, you can borrow mine and Falchion1984's guy, Jerec. I've got deviations relating to him on my DA that you might've seen. But if you don't remember, he's the son of Bryce one of the Four Riders in Daein from PoR.

Race: Beorc

Class: Freelancer (you'll see why in a bit)

Appearance: He has the same dark red hair as his father, Bryce and wears a dark brown cloak over white pants and a dark red tunic. He carries a silver lance that Oscar gave him after his last adventure with Ike and his mercenaries.

Backstory: Jerec never knew his mother. She was rather sickly and had died giving birth to him. His father was a broken man for a long time after that, but supported his son as best as he could. Bryce trained Jerec to be a warrior and eventually, Jerec began serving as a captain in the Daein army. He was of the Halberdier class, until he left Daein after getting tired of the things they've started saying about Ike (like it's his fault that Begnion is breathing on their necks and that he's the enemy and such) and is trying to make a life in Crimea. He's simply called a freelancer now, though as a joke more than a serious title since he uses a lance. lol And poor Jerec never hears the end of it.

Personality: He's rather hot-headed, but is still a good person at heart. He hides his Daein heritage because Crimeans still loathe the Daeins due to the Mad King's War. Oh yeah, he's a bit of a heavy sleeper too, and more often than not, it seems like a herd of rampaging elephants wouldn't wake him. Jerec also used to hate the laguz, like many Daeins, but his adventures with Ike gradually made him change his mind. He even befriends Ranulf and shows that despite his serious and hot temperament, he loves a good joke when the two decide to pull some pranks on their friends one day while they were just trying to take a vacation from...well, everything (and since one of those pranks was taking one of Elincia's night dresses and putting it in Geoffrey's tent when she and Ike were dating, this did NOT end well...lol). Lastly, when Jerec leaves to find another job, he always answers with the same thing if asked where he's going: "Where we're all going. Forward. As for where that is, I'll find out when I get there."

Role: Jerec will side with almost anyone as long as it's for a good cause and isn't against his beliefs and values. Though he will always side with friends if they're in trouble. You can be sure he won't take a job that targets the Greil Mercenaries, for example. He also will not go against Crimea since he kind of owes Queen Elincia for some help she gave both him and Daein. And she's Ike's girlfriend. But besides all that, he'll work for whoever is willing to hire him.

Other: If you use Jerec, it will of course be considered AU from my stories, so if his acquaintance with Elincia and Ike's group and such poses conflicts or issues, feel free to alter that bit. Just so long as Jerec is still Jerec in terms of character and history and all. :P

*character profile*

...Is it just me, or is this character pretty much me aside from some minor differences? I swear, she is nearly exactly like me.

Name is Kelly - Check

Short - Check

Thin/bony - Check

Glasses - Check (though they're not wireframe)

Aqua hair - No, but I would dye it a color pretty close to that if I could

Likes the arts - Check

Prefers long dresses and gowns - Check (and I like yellow too, but not red)

Shy - Check

Afraid to approach people - More often than not, check

Draws men - Check (though they're not embarrassing...lol)

Passionate about what she loves - Check

The only differences are that I can't dance to save my life and I'm not really into magic. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah I like that guy ^_^ Lol I'd love to see Elincia and Ike's reaction when those pajamas ended up with Geoffery. Everyone's reaction, actually...I didn't know he was a jokester. He'll probably end up with the Dawn Brigade. They're not fighting to free Daein, instead they're spying around and stuff. Oh and do you think it's a possibility that he knew Nyra before? She was in Petrine's unit before her mom spilled the beans/stopped lying about her parentage. Her mom wasn't part of the four riders, but she was a noblewoman, so...

And...yeah, I noticed the name thing on Snowy's OC, but not everything else.

Once I get profiles written out, they'll be up. Have to make a few characters from scratch...

Edited by Dragoncat

Yeah I like that guy ^_^ Lol I'd love to see Elincia and Ike's reaction when those pajamas ended up with Geoffery. Everyone's reaction, actually...I didn't know he was a jokester. He'll probably end up with the Dawn Brigade. They're not fighting to free Daein, instead they're spying around and stuff. Oh and do you think it's a possibility that he knew Nyra before? She was in Petrine's unit before her mom spilled the beans/stopped lying about her parentage. Her mom wasn't part of the four riders, but she was a noblewoman, so...

And...yeah, I noticed the name thing on Snowy's OC, but not everything else.

Once I get profiles written out, they'll be up. Have to make a few characters from scratch...

I agree, Jerec is awesome. Falchion and I really came up with a great character there!

As for the reactions to that prank... Let's just say that Geoffrey, Ike, AND Lucia were all pretty pissed, Ike had to really refrain from beating Geoffrey to a pulp (Before it's discovered to be a prank, Ike thinks either Elincia is cheating or Geoffrey is trying to get her to cheat, and he goes with the latter because who in their right mind would see Elincia doing something like that?), and Elincia is just VERY upset. :P

Jerec could've known Nyra, sure. Though he probably lost touch with her when he left Daein.

Lol geez. Awkward all around...for sure xD And I bet Ike wasn't happy even AFTER he found out it was a prank.

I was figuring he wouldn't know her too well, just maybe crossed paths a few times. Now that I think about it, maybe the dawn brigade wouldn't be the best fit for him. Unless she showed some sign of having that psychotic side of her father's, and Jerec can see her being able to pull something terrible off. Idk. We'll see where it goes.

I have my cavy up ^_^ Not bad for having to make him on the fly, right?

Signups closed atm, might be opened up again later. World map added, story up! Will be adding more character profiles...

Edited by Dragoncat

Damn it, am I too late? Hope not. If there is room for one more character, then here he is:

Name: Goliath

Race: Human

Class: Mercenary

Appearance: Basically, in looks, he pretty much resembles Chrom, but his hair is jet black, and he has brown eyes. He has the same type of body: slim.

Backstory: Goliath never knew his parents or his family, if he had one. At a very young age he was part of an isolated orphanage in Crimea. He grew there in the care of a couple in company of other orphans like him, always dreaming of becoming a famous mercenary one day. Now an adult, he's worked in several different places as a mercenary earning gold to provide for those who provided for him in the past, but he's also been looking into investigating his roots, where he came from, etc.

Personality: Modest, calm, friendly, likes to hang out by his lonesome and ponder about life, and also likes to help the needy.

Role: He's a mercenary for hire, so maybe that can be helpful to you.

Other: You are free to use him however you want, and also free to expand his back story, where he came from, how he got to the orphanage, etc.

If you have any questions, just pm me and tell me about it. Or ask here. Either way, I'll be happy to assist you however I can.

You got here before I could xD

To everyone else, Satoko is a friend from another site. I told him he could sign up.

He looks okay, but his name...might have to be changed. Goliath is the name of a giant in Christian lore. It doesn't fit him. If you need help, well, I use behindthename.com.

Edited by Dragoncat

why?

Exactly, lol. ((I was surprised that my character couldn't be named like that. Sure, it's a name from the Bible, but it's just a name. What if I had named him Chrom? Or Krom?))