The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Ghast play the prologue on his youtube channel and I thought I would give this Hack a try. I really love the storyline so far, and how you reallly given the gamer a wide range of units to use. I only have two questions; first, are there going to be support convos implemented in the game? Also, whta is the progress so far for the next version?

Keep up the good work

Pro_Fo

Support conversations are going to be one of the last things I work on. They may even be released as a separate patch altogether, but I haven't really given it much thought.

I'm currently working on chapter 14, though my development cycle is kind of offbeat so I tend to bounce around.

Support conversations are going to be one of the last things I work on. They may even be released as a separate patch altogether, but I haven't really given it much thought.

I'm currently working on chapter 14, though my development cycle is kind of offbeat so I tend to bounce around.

Are you still aiming for the hack to end at chapter 14?

Are you still aiming for the hack to end at chapter 14?

Haha, I wish. The rest of the plot just won't fit into such a short span. Chapter 20 is the final chapter.

The end is on the horizon~

Haha, I wish. The rest of the plot just won't fit into such a short span. Chapter 20 is the final chapter.

The end is on the horizon~

I see well the more chapters the better it is imo

Good Luck on the hack

I remember when this hack first started with renamed characters and I think it was up to chapter 10, you've really came a long way since then and the screenshots looks awesome.

Damn can't Believe it has been already 5 years and I even made the first Post

Edited by Masterplan201

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. Assuming I can remember when I next come here who knows when, I'm looking forward to seeing more updates—it'd be great if it finished, haha. (I want to play it but I don't like playing unfinished stuff... >>' I need to finish it, not get left depressed because I got to a false-end =P)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am playing this hack right now and I am really enjoying it: can't wait for the next update (new map palettes, yummy)!

Just wanted to report a little bug I discovered by chance and appearently not listed in the readme:

When you start chapter 7 you are given 2500 gold during the intro cutscene, then unit preparations screen kicks in. If you save your preparations then reset, when you restart the chapter, since the intro cutscene also restarts, you are given an additional 2500 gold and this counts for each time you save/reset (you can gather as much money you want that way). Since I tried maybe three different formations to tackle the chapter proficiently, I did notice this bug when I went to the armory with about 10 000 g: sounded really too much...

Keep up the good work anyway

• 4 weeks later...

The first post has the most recent public patch available (which is actually 13 chapters long, not counting the Interludes).

I shan't be releasing another version until I'm done with the whole thing.

Currently bouncing back and forth between chapters 16 and 17, along with some miscellaneous stuff.

• 6 months later...

Hey I just had a quick question about Chapter 6, and I want to clarify it before I need to restart the chapter. Can you only recruit Melusine if you have Hugo talk to her first? I didn't bring him in the mission, so I can't talk to her with him, and it didn't seem like anyone else could talk with her.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there Primefusion. I picked this up after seeing it in FEE3 2016, and I have to say, it was amazing. I really enjoyed the story and maps, and I definitely intend to continue on with it once the next patch is out.

[spoiler=My specific problem]

At the end of Ch.10, some greens show up to help out. As soon as their leader says "Show these fools how real soldiers fight!", all of the sprites are covered with grey lines and the game fully freezes. The problem can be avoided by hitting START before this happens, but I miss the dialogue for the rest of the chapter, if there is any. B doesn't work, since it cuts to the greens' move or whatever they're supposed to do. I assume this is similar to the problem gochooindontgo had back on page 16 of this thread. Likewise, I use a mobile emulator (My Boy!), but the free version doesn't allow save states. The Resume Chapter starts at the beginning of this cutscene, so I can take screenshots of the bug/my final positions/etc if you need them. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, whether it's some secret trick or just a fix in the next patch.

[spoiler=My general commentary]

IDK how much of this is actually average stats, the RNG, or just my playstyle, but some notes about unit stats. Levels and stats are as of the Preparations screen after Ch 10.

Sylvia (LV 3 Bishop) is a god in everything but Def. The only things she can't ORKO are promoted enemies and enemy magic users (who can't even scratch her).

Corvan (Lv 16 Armor) is also fairly epic. He must have stolen Sylvia's Def growth, because 19 Def is a bit absurd. His 7 Res is also better than any of my physical units except Marris, Torie, and Ava. His speed is relatively low but fine since most things don't double him yet (and those that do don't deal much damage). Str is pretty sweet.

Torie (Lv 19 Peg) only suffers from average Str and Def, as well as her low Con. Other than that, she's fantastic.

Ava (Lv 5 Swordmaster), why do your stats suck so much? I want to love you, you're my favorite class, so why? I still use her anyway, she's saved me so many times.

Jorin (Lv 14 SK) would be fine if he could actually double or survive multiple attacks. His Str is good, but using only swords is really hurting him.

Vance (Lv 16 Merc) has fairly average stats, but again, only swords makes his 12 Str less okay. His speed is decent, but not enough to double most things he can actually hurt.

Buck (Lv 15 Archer) is solidly meh. He's essential in that he's ranged, but except for solid Skill and HP, he's nothing to write home about.

Hugo (Lv 13 Brigand). I want to like him, but every time I try his Spd, accuracy (probably more RNG than stat problem), and Def/Res say "LOL you though he'd survive that?"

Aaron (Lv 13 LK) is average. Overall, he's better than Jorin, but that's increased by his use of lances, which in itself might be almost problematic because I already use Corvan and Torie heavily.

Gracia (Lv 14 Tbdr). I was searching for another healer when I found you... She looks like she'll turn out well in the future.

Lucile (Lv 1 MobTrans). I would say you're better than Merlinus, but no one's gotten close enough to attack you and Prime's been nice in not dropping reinforcements 1.5 turns away from you when you were a tent.

Kristoph (Lv 11 Soldier). I might try you more on a later run, but you're only average and you're behind in levels. Plus, Torie and Corvan need your lances.

Melusine (Lv 11 Acolyte). Like Kristoph, but Sylvia is the one who needed your tomes.

Braxton (Lv 11 AK). Fairly good when I use him, but may be benched simply because of unit count limits.

Samuel (Lv 12 Mage). If you had come earlier, you would have been pretty useful. As it is, though, unless Prime suddenly starts dumping Wyverns and Armors upon me in ridiculous numbers, you'll be benched.

O'Riley (Lv 10 Fighter). I've heard he can get good, but since he's getting screwed by the RNG while hitting and dodging, he's benched.

Marris (Lv 14 Thief). Pretty meh, but seriously needs some Str to be usable (or she needs to actually crit occasionally). Until there are more chests, she's probably benched.

Edited by alatartheblue42

Glad you liked it! As for your issue, I'm pretty sure the events are expecting some particular unit to be there, but they aren't. So, the game freaks out (goof on my end, will be fixed in the next release).

Thanks for the unit feedback. Hugo in particular has been a pain to get just so.

• 2 months later...