Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I'm going to make a patch available in two hours. A few things:

• Igrene's Tale is inaccessible because, well, it isn't ready yet.
  • Matchmaker is temporarily disabled, and will be patched in within the next few days.
  • Likely there are still persisting minor bugs, which will be eliminated as they are made known.
My apologies to the people who've waited patiently, the alpha testing stage turned out to be far more intensive than anticipated. We had some major glitches to grapple with; "the curse" is absolutely real, I'm simply not allowed to actually meet my release goals. We've charted into the uncharted territory of "bugs that we didn't even know could exist." Again, CT075, Crazycolorz5, venno, tempmael, zahlman, Dancer_A: you da real MVPs. Round of applause for these awesome motherfuckers.

The event alterations for matchmaker still aren't 100%, and I'd rather not release an incomplete feature. It's at about 85%, and I'll be aiming to make that available before New Years.

It's all good Arch! Shit happens but historically some of the greatest games were delayed so I consider your game has been blessed by the delay gods of perfection. I wouldn't want it any other way if it's incomplete. I'll be waiting with much anticipation for your update but until then I'll be busy checking out the bit you have provided for us.

After all I'm going to be busy applying any and all changes to my guide (as well as finish it...damn was it alot more extensive than I thought it would be!) Thanks for the hard work and the sleepless nights for the sole purpose of meeting your very ambitious deadline.

I wish you the best of luck. Three cheers for Arch the bug exterminator and co. Lol

Edited by Lance-a-lot

Duke Nukem is not one of the greatest games ever. Argument now invalidated.

If you're talking about the "reboot" that took what? 9 years to make? Then yeah I'm with you lol that game was shit! But I'd say the majority of delayed games end up being better than those rushed out the door like Battlefield 4 and such. That's one of the things I respect about Fire Emblem the most, the game comes out when it's completed and I love that Arch is sticking to that strongsuit of the series and not intentionally pushing out an unfinished and buggy product because of a deadline.

Maximum respect and I already know this is going to be absolutely amazing, I mean he's taking an already amazing hack and adding a fresh new coat of paint with an overabundance of fangasmic content. I think I'll be staying up again tonight waiting for this update in an hour or so.

Edited by Lance-a-lot

If you're talking about the "reboot" that took what? 9 years to make? Then yeah I'm with you lol that game was shit! But I'd say the majority of delayed games end up being better than those rushed out the door like Battlefield 4 and such. That's one of the things I respect about Fire Emblem the most, the game comes out when it's completed and I love that Arch is sticking to that strongsuit of the series and not intentionally pushing out an unfinished and buggy product because of a deadline.

Maximum respect and I already know this is going to be absolutely amazing, I mean he's taking an already amazing hack and adding a fresh new coat of paint with an overabundance of famgasmic content. I think I'll be staying up again tonight waiting for this update in an hour or so.

I second that notion. BF4 was so bad that the investors sued for lying to them about game progress.

This really applies to all the big Nintendo titles. SSB4 took a long time but did not dissapoint, etc. That and Fire Emblem has a long time inbetween games as you said but they are quite good. Quality>quantity any day.

Now to wait for Arch and the rest of the team to crush those annoying cockroaches.

Christmas in Hawaii lasts for another three hours and fifteen minutes, so you're still on schedule, according to me. :P:

What's Christmas in Hawaii like? Do you use like palm trees for Christmas trees? (Distracting myself from how tired I am)

It was a relatively mild day (and we use regular pine trees for Christmas trees). Totally missed going outside because I've been playing one hack and waiting for this one. :P:

Do you guys listen to this song a lot? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEvGKUXW0iI

Looking forward to the release, even if it is delayed till new years. Thanks for all the work you're putting in! :)

It was delayed to new years? If so I'm going to bed.

I really need to know if it was pushed back or expected release time because I Dont want to be sitting around all night for something if it was pushed back and I just didn't realize.

Edited by scott99

No, but he said something about a later patch being released new years. I edited my comment because I realized that was badly phrased, but you were too quick!

Hate to have to ask this but I Dont think I will be awake for the release of the first version of the final so could someone pm me a unfixed version of it once it releases so I can play it before everything gets fixed please?