FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

I've been curious about something after looking at the unused content. What if the unused confession voice clips actually belonged to the scrapped characters (Leopold, Tracie, and Andrea) and not Chrom or Lucina?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been curious about something after looking at the unused content. What if the unused confession voice clips actually belonged to the scrapped characters (Leopold, Tracie, and Andrea) and not Chrom or Lucina?

It's too rough to tell.

They don't sound like characters... just preliminary voices not done with super fancy microphones.

and honestly that'd be a pretty bizarre way of going about it. these three characters have absolutely no data associated with them whatsoever... except voice clips, aka likely the last things to be done for any character in any game ever? even if they are pretty rough and preliminary, it wouldn't make all that much sense for them to have only something frivolous and not even remotely crucial to making them actual functioning characters as the only work done on them

not to mention, the clips ARE clearly labeled as belonging to chrom and lucina in their file names

What data is there regarding supports? Vincent mentioned some in passing here, but I'm curious if there's more.

In particular, I'm looking for the gen 1 pairings which are faster than normal. Typically, they take 36/36/45/45 support points while faster ones are 27/36/45/45 and some are even faster than that. As examples of fast ones to try and locate, there's Kellam x Miriel, Stahl x Sully, Nowi x Gregor, Virion x Cherche.

Also I'm curious, what numbers are supports listed in? I've believed for a while the game might not have them in multiples of 9 (i.e. the 36/36/45/45 as above) but just in terms of smaller numbers, 4/4/5/5. I think that the way supports are shown on the main site overcomplicates things and this system is more likely what the game is saving... but we can finally (hopefully) get my theory debunked or confirmed now.

Supports are easy to read on an individual basic, but tedious if you're looking at many because of the need to read so many pointers.

I can say all the numbers are small numbers.

For example, Avatar has 4/10/18/99 or 5/10/16/22 for all his partners.

Not sure how the numbers align right now.

So... as Linkmstr pretty much educated me on the whole drama going on in the 3DS hacking scene...

Modified roms can be run now... at least on Gateway.

Man the devmenu fiasco is a nice read.

Anyways, as for me, I'm just going to wait. No matter how much excitement I have, and how much I want to mess with the game formulas, etc.

Besides, I don't think we have a debugger yet.

No rushing to buy a 4.5 3ds on ebay for me... yet.

It's too rough to tell.

They don't sound like characters... just preliminary voices not done with super fancy microphones.

Honestly, they are probably like the black portrates: Place holders untill they recorded the better stuff. Also, Has the risen sprite data been extracted yet? I noticed that the pre-relise section mentions risen priests (which are not in the final game)

So... as Linkmstr pretty much educated me on the whole drama going on in the 3DS hacking scene...

Modified roms can be run now... at least on Gateway.

Man the devmenu fiasco is a nice read.

Anyways, as for me, I'm just going to wait. No matter how much excitement I have, and how much I want to mess with the game formulas, etc.

Besides, I don't think we have a debugger yet.

No rushing to buy a 4.5 3ds on ebay for me... yet.

To correct/add some things: The only modified roms I have confirmed working are "undubbed" roms. :P

Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Code of Princess, and Conception II have all been, so far, undubbed. (I own copies of them except Conception II) But, of course, they're not perfect since there will obviously be bugs from repackaging the files and such. These roms have zero key encryption (no key encryption) since they've been decrypted, extracted and only repackaged back with Japanese audio files replacing English audio files.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about hacking and stuff like that, but Gateway can play these games unlike MT-Card, Orange 3DS, 3DSLink, and R4i Gold Deluxe since all of these are practically Gateway clones and they don't have the latest Gateway launcher.dat working for them and can only use old modified Gateway launchers. From what I can guess, a newer Gateway launcher allowed emuNAND users to be able to play modified roms that have zero key encryption. It could mean it's possible to be able to start fan-translations of games that aren't released in the west (yet) and/or create mods. RAM hacking is a possibility too. Again, I don't have a lot of knowledge about these things and most of what I type is just stuff I've read or found out on my own.

Edited by Linkmstr

Savedata can be decrypted using a dev tool savedatafl

from retail carts, yes. Enjoy.

*savedatafiler

Still need a v4.X 3DS with Gateway's emuNAND (or leaked buggy CFW) for people to be able to use it... >.>;

Edited by Linkmstr

Savedata can be decrypted using a dev tool savedatafl

*savedatafiler

Still need a v4.X 3DS with Gateway's emuNAND (or leaked buggy CFW) for people to be able to use it... >.>;

He told me about that yesterday.

And yes I'm tempted to go buy a 4.5 3DS right now... but I'm just GOING TO WAIT.

Supports are easy to read on an individual basic, but tedious if you're looking at many because of the need to read so many pointers.

I can say all the numbers are small numbers.

For example, Avatar has 4/10/18/99 or 5/10/16/22 for all his partners.

Not sure how the numbers align right now.

Hm, well my immediate guess is that means support points for C/B/A/S in total (not just from the previous support level). So, for same genders, it's 4/6/8 and for opposite genders, it's 5/5/6/6. Kinda odd, since it should be 4/4/5/5 from our best understanding of supports (36/36/45/45). For same sex pairings, I'm not entirely sure how the supports line up to begin with (I think they're 36/36/45 but I'm not certain) so this is kinda weird numbers to have.

The problem is I haven't found a post that lets you export the save into an actual retail cartridge.

Meaning if I had a 4.5 3ds, I'd be loading it from the Japanese capture card 3ds.

From white I've seen with savedatafiler, you convert a dumped ROM to an SD version which then you can edit the save off/rencrypt to use on the dumped game... within the 3ds that can run gateway.

The problem is I haven't found a post that lets you export the save into an actual retail cartridge.

Meaning if I had a 4.5 3ds, I'd be loading it from the Japanese capture card 3ds.

From white I've seen with savedatafiler, you convert a dumped ROM to an SD version which then you can edit the save off/rencrypt to use on the dumped game... within the 3ds that can run gateway.

"Retail as in actual cartridge retail?

No.

Savedatafiler does not work in classic mode. (Which is basically a mode where you can use retail cartridges on emuNAND.)

Besides, if the retail save was created above 4.x, it can't be decrypted by savedatafiler." - Queno138 (gbatemp)

Edited by Linkmstr

Maybe you get 1 point extra to begin each rank?

In any case, I'm working on dumping the support data. It probably won't look pretty though.

Oh, of course. Viewing the support gives one support point, which takes you from being able to get a support to actually having it.

But you can rip a rom that keeps your save encryption the same, making your save compatible between your retail cart and your rom.

(an i just crazy?)

When you encrypt it, it gets immediately imported into the "installed" version, does it not?

And doesn't the installed version use a NaND key specific to your 3DS instead of the cartridge rip?

But you can rip a rom that keeps your save encryption the same, making your save compatible between your retail cart and your rom.

(an i just crazy?)

The problem is putting that save back into the retail cartridge which isn't possible because retail carts can only work/be detected on Classic emuNAND and savedatafiler doesn't work on Classic emuNAND.

When you encrypt it, it gets immediately imported into the "installed" version, does it not?

And doesn't the installed version use a NaND key specific to your 3DS instead of the cartridge rip?

let me check if savedatafiler has the option to import saves from installed games into retail games.

Deleted it by accident somehow... =_=;

Edited by Linkmstr

can't you then move that save to your actual cart because encryption is the same?

How would you go about doing that?

Just hope that the .sav file on the 3DS sd card is the same format as the extracted encrypted saves from my R4i savedongle?

Edited by shadowofchaos

But after you import it into the rom, can't you then move that save to your actual cart because encryption is the same?

(I didn't bring my 4.5 3ds to college so i can't try this shit myself)

The next question would be how will you put the save back into the cart? Problem is that savedatafiler doesn't create backup save data in the same format as Gateway does with its own backup save function.