"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I saw this thread on Court-Records and thought it might be useful to create a Fire Emblem oriented version. :3

Have a specific question about FE13 but don't want to accidentally spoil yourself while trying to find the answer? This is a catchall thread for any questions you might have about the game, directed towards those who are curious about certain aspects or elements of FE13 who are leery of browsing the main forum.

Rules:

- General questions do not need to have spoiler tags. (ex: How many chapters are there?)

- Questions that specifically relate to spoilers need to be under a spoiler tag. (ex: Does Character ABC die during the story?)

- All replies must be under a spoiler tag. Let us know whose question(s) you're answering.

--

Have fun. I'll start. :D

1. Can you rescue units in this game?

[spoiler=2.]Do the DLC characters have dialogue, plots, etc. or are they just silent units in a themed battle? Is there any explanation as to why units like Roy are suddenly mercenaries when plot-wise they should be lords?

3. Are supports gained by points like in the GBA games, or are they calculated by number of shared battles like in FE9?

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... we can answer to these questions as well as asking new ones?

Alright then.

[spoiler=Reply to 1]Rescue, as in protecting a unit using the Rescue command? Yes and no. You still can have two units in one space, but it works much differently in the Double system in this game.

[spoiler=Reply to 2]In the DLC chapters, past heroes have their own battle conversation - a general one and one for specific characters. The NPCs can be talked to by specific units too. They speak only within the DLC though - once the awarded talisman is recruited, they'll act like silent My Units, and will not utter a single word.

[spoiler=Reply to 3]It's more GBA like, but you can't get support points by merely putting two units next to each other. They have to take part in a battle while next to or doubling with each other. Dancing and using staves will also result in an increase in suport points between the two units involved.

No, instead you use the double command. It's amazing.

[spoiler=2.]Do the DLC characters have dialogue, plots, etc. or are they just silent units in a themed battle? Is there any explanation as to why units like Roy are suddenly mercenaries when they should be lords?

I think they're silent when they're in regular chapters, but the DLC chapters have a plot.

3. Are supports gained by points like in the GBA games, or are they calculated by number of shared battles like in FE9?

They're gained by standing next to each other while they fight. (Being doubled counts too.)

[spoiler=2.]Do the DLC characters have dialogue, plots, etc. or are they just silent units in a themed battle? Is there any explanation as to why units like Roy are suddenly mercenaries when they should be lords?

1. Rescue has been replaced by Double, it serves all the same essential functions and then some.

2. The DLC characters and their teams have some dialogue during their recruitment map, sometimes even with your own units.

3. Support points are gained when units enter into battle while eligible for Dual or Double. They don't necessarily have to participate in an dual attack though.

So... we can answer to these questions as well as asking new ones?

Alright then.

[spoiler=Reply to 1]Rescue, as in protecting a unit using the Rescue command? Yes and no. You still can have two units in one space, but it works much differently in the Double system in this game.

[spoiler=Reply to 2]In the DLC chapters, past heroes have their own battle conversation - a general one and one for specific characters. The NPCs can be talked to by specific units too. They speak only within the DLC though - once the awarded talisman is recruited, they'll act like silent My Units, and will not utter a single word.

[spoiler=Reply to 3]It's more GBA like, but you can't get support points by merely putting two units next to each other. They have to take part in a battle while next to or doubling with each other. Dancing and using staves will also result in an increase in suport points between the two units involved.

Thanks for the information! And yes, anyone can ask anything they want. Just stick to the rules so that no one get's spoiled by mistake. :3

Edited by Popo

I think these are going to point you in the (somewhat) right direction..

Yes and no, there is a double system, where 2 units are on the same tile, but I don't think it is exactly the same as rescue from the Tellius games.

I think the DLC characters have dialogue (the spotpass units do) but I doubt much of a storyline. You collect tailsmens where you can recruit them, but aside from that, not that much to them.

I'm pretty sure units gain Support by standing next/near each other. I think double battles and the double system has something to do with it too.

EDIT: Pretty much what they said. Lolninja'd.

Edited by Melonhead215

Some clarification:

The Double command is essentially Rescue in reverse. It's initiated by the unit being "carried", and instead of having penalties, they give bonuses based on the class and stats of the "carried" unit, with some bonuses depending on support level between the two. And you need those bonuses, especially on the higher difficulty levels.

Important DLC characters in the map also have some dialogue at the beginning, and the one who joins has a lot more at the end. I know Eirika explains that her outfit changed because of an item she found, which you get as a reward for completing the chapter, but those items only apply to the special classes she and Alm have, so I'm guessing the rest of the characters don't mention it.

Thanks for the topic.

Question:

Do the Expert skills (Sword Expert, Bow Expert, etc) surpass the stat cap? For that matter, the other other stat boost skills surpass it as well?

edit:

Thanks.

VVVV

Edited by Sanji

Question: Does Quick Slash activate with Vantage?

No. Quick Slash's effect only triggers if the unit attacks during the Player Phase. Checked that the unit would deal 28 damage if they initiated the attack during the Player Phase. During the Enemy Phase, damage shown (and dealt) was 18 with Vantage triggering.

Question: Where and when can I get more Taguel stones and Manakete stones?

[spoiler=Beast and Dragon Stones]

You can get normal Beaststones and Dragonstones after Ch. 12, True Beaststones and True Dragonstones after Ch. 23.

Normal locations: 12, 18

True locations: 23, S18, Spotpass Tiki

Edited by Remnant Sage

Mechanics questions:

A)

What determines which skill activation is rolled first? Let's say I have both Astra and Vengeance on a single character, can I arrange skills in a way where it will attempt to roll for Astra first, and failing that roll for Vengeance?

B)

Does Vengeance activate even if the unit is at full health?

C)

In addition, does Weapon Saver stack with offensive skills (Astra, Sol, Aether, etc)?

Mechanics questions:

A)

What determines which skill activation is rolled first? Let's say I have both Astra and Vengeance on a single character, can I arrange skills in a way where it will attempt to roll for Astra first, and failing that roll for Vengeance?

B)

Does Vengeance activate even if the unit is at full health?

C)

In addition, does Weapon Saver stack with offensive skills (Astra, Sol, Aether, etc)?

[spoiler=A]

Not sure. It seems pretty randomized to me, but I haven't really been paying attention to something like that.

[spoiler=B]

Yes. It just ends up adding 0 damage.

[spoiler=C]

It always has a chance of activating whenever the unit attacks. Does that count as stacking? It's a passive effect.

Lower activation rates are first. So say you have 50 Skl with Lethality, Astra, Luna, and Vengeance. The game rolls first for Lethality and its 12% chance. Of the 88% where Lethality doesn't activate, it then rolls for Astra's 25% chance. That leaves 66%, and Luna has a 50% activation rate, so it takes half the remaining possibility, and if not Luna, then Vengeance will always activate because of its 100% activation rate.

In other words:

Lethality (12% of 100%) = 12% overall

Astra (25% of 88%) = 22% overall

Luna (50% of 66%) = 33% overall

Vengeance (100% of 33%) = 33% overall

Lower activation rates are first. So say you have 50 Skl with Lethality, Astra, Luna, and Vengeance. The game rolls first for Lethality and its 12% chance. Of the 88% where Lethality doesn't activate, it then rolls for Astra's 25% chance. That leaves 66%, and Luna has a 50% activation rate, so it takes half the remaining possibility, and if not Luna, then Vengeance will always activate because of its 100% activation rate.

In other words:

Lethality (12% of 100%) = 12% overall

Astra (25% of 88%) = 22% overall

Luna (50% of 66%) = 33% overall

Vengeance (100% of 33%) = 33% overall

This kind of blew my mind. Thanks for this.

Yes, there are still 0 stat level ups although they seem to be pretty rare considering the growth rates.

[spoiler=Replying to a reply]They're actually quite common for players who aim to max all stats. Most units have the last few remaining stats (typically Magic and Resistance for physical units) having a hard time to go up, and at these times you'd wish the "at least 1 stat" guarantee from FE10 to be here.

[spoiler=Replying to a reply]They're actually quite common for players who aim to max all stats. Most units have the last few remaining stats (typically Magic and Resistance for physical units) having a hard time to go up, and at these times you'd wish the "at least 1 stat" guarantee from FE10 to be here.

If they're aiming to max all stats. Otherwise, it's not that common.

Only had 1 occurrence of a 0 stat up level with Trickster Gaia, and only his SPD was maxed. This was over a span of 100+ hours. Had quite a few more occurrences of 1~2 stats per level well before hitting any caps. Of course, I'm only 1 sample and I tend to be quite unlucky with almost everything luck-based.

Is it possible/practical to use both Liz and Mariabel?

Given what I've read and seen about various playthroughs, I'm sure it's more than possible. From what I've seen Othin say on his thread, on higher difficulties it seems like it's even encouraged.

Edit: What he(v) said. Haha.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

Is it possible/practical to use both Liz and Mariabel?

Yes. I've been using both as healers on my Lunatic run, along with Libera. Lunatic is a bit of a special case, though, since you're more limited in the units that are actually effective in combat and you need a lot of healers.