Which skills to pass down?

ShadowSlayer

Hiya,

This is hopefully one of the last team question threads I post lol. So here are my pairings:

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Lon'qu/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Henry/Maribelle

Ricken/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Gregor/Cherche

Frederick/Panne

Vaike/Nowi

MaMU/2nd gen character

NOTE: Playing on Lunatic/Lunatic+ and using DLC, and doing Apotheosis.

Now, what skills do you think each parent should pass down? Thanks!

Edited by ShadowSlayer

generally, you want to pass down gender exclusive skills. For Male children, pass down Galeforce if you can (like Inigo, Owain, or Brady). For Gerome and Laurent who can't get it, Dual Support is recommended. For Females, pass down skills from the Warrior/Berserker treeline, like Axefaire. This is for the maximum skill coverage, and is certainly not necessary if you don't feel you will need the skill ever, as it may take time to reclass and level up every parent. Check out the FE13 inheritance page to see all the skills you can pass down.

Well, all of the skills I suggest are assuming you're willing to grind levels, which is very tedious on Lunatic and Lunatic+

• Chrom/Sumia: Chrom always gives Aether, Sumia's skill doesn't matter since Lucina and Cynthia are able to change into all of Sumia's classes. So choose whatever you want
  • Donnel/Sully: Sully's skill doesn't matter and as for Donnel, well most people would pass Aptitude while I went for Counter since I played on harder difficulties, though that skill is useless on Apotheosis. Either way pass a male exclusive skill that you will use. While I don't mind Aptitude, growth rates and stat growths are not a problem in this game
  • Gaius/Tharja: Tharja's skill doesn't matter and for Gaius, whatever fighter related skill you want
  • Lon'qu/Miriel: Lon'qu's skill doesn't matter. I suppose Vantage would be best if you aren't gonna grind levels. Miriel should pass down something from the Valkyrie class. Dual Support+ is great as is Renewal since Laurent can't become a Priest.
  • Stahl/Cordelia: Doesn't matter from either parent. Severa can reclass into all of Cordelia's and Stahl's classes.
  • Ricken/Lissa: Lissa should pass Galeforce and Ricken's doesn't matter
  • Henry/Maribelle: Maribelle should pass Galeforce. Henry's skill doesn't matter.
  • Libra/Olivia: Olivia should pass Galeforce. Libra's skill doesn't matter.
  • Gregor/Cherche: Cherche should pass a Valkyrie Skill. Gregor's skill doesn't matter
  • Frederick/Panne: Doesn't matter what skill they pass, Yarne can reclass into all of their classes
  • Vaike/Nowi: Nowi's skill doesn't matter since Nah can reclass into all of her classes. Vaike should pass a Barbarian/Fighter skill. Choose whatever you feel is useful.
  • MaMU/2nd Gen: Well assuming you marry your MU to or Kjelle, Noire, Nah have them pass down the fighter/barbarian skill they inherited. If married to Lucina or Cynthia, take Aether. Severa's skill doesn't matter. As for your avatar, pass down a male only skill.

Pretty much I'm only indifferent for the Father skills because if you're willing to grind, then the skill doesn't matter. For most of the daughter characters, same with the classes of their mothers, they have access to them all.

Edited by Naui

Well, all of the skills I suggest are assuming you're willing to grind levels, which is very tedious on Lunatic and Lunatic+

• Chrom/Sumia: Chrom always gives Aether, Sumia's skill doesn't matter since Lucina and Cynthia are able to change into all of Sumia's classes. So choose whatever you want
  • Donnel/Sully: Sully's skill doesn't matter and as for Donnel, well most people would pass Aptitude while I went for Counter since I played on harder difficulties, though that skill is useless on Apotheosis. Either way pass a male exclusive skill that you will use. While I don't mind Aptitude, growth rates and stat growths are not a problem in this game
  • Gaius/Tharja: Tharja's skill doesn't matter and for Gaius, whatever fighter related skill you want
  • Lon'qu/Miriel: Lon'qu's skill doesn't matter. I suppose Vantage would be best if you aren't gonna grind levels. Miriel should pass down something from the Valkyrie class. Dual Support+ is great as is Renewal since Laurent can't become a Priest.
  • Stahl/Cordelia: Doesn't matter from either parent. Severa can reclass into all of Cordelia's and Stahl's classes.
  • Ricken/Lissa: Lissa should pass Galeforce and Ricken's doesn't matter
  • Henry/Maribelle: Maribelle should pass Galeforce. Henry's skill doesn't matter.
  • Libra/Olivia: Olivia should pass Galeforce. Libra's skill doesn't matter.
  • Gregor/Cherche: Cherche should pass a Valkyrie Skill. Gregor's skill doesn't matter
  • Frederick/Panne: Doesn't matter what skill they pass, Yarne can reclass into all of their classes
  • Vaike/Nowi: Nowi's skill doesn't matter since Nah can reclass into all of her classes. Vaike should pass a Barbarian/Fighter skill. Choose whatever you feel is useful.
  • MaMU/2nd Gen: Well assuming you marry your MU to or Kjelle, Noire, Nah have them pass down the fighter/barbarian skill they inherited. If married to Lucina or Cynthia, take Aether. Severa's skill doesn't matter. As for your avatar, pass down a male only skill.

Pretty much I'm only indifferent for the Father skills because if you're willing to grind, then the skill doesn't matter. For most of the daughter characters, same with the classes of their mothers, they have access to them all.

Thanks so much :D

Was gonna marry MaMU so Lucina or Cynthia, but with the low Aether activation rate I'm not really sure. Eh, I'll figure it out.

Thanks so much :D

Was gonna marry MaMU so Lucina or Cynthia, but with the low Aether activation rate I'm not really sure. Eh, I'll figure it out.

Aether's pretty solid. Run it along side Luna-- the proc itself is the strongest in the game on targets where procs matter, which offsets it's activation rate, then combining it with Luna, you get a massive amount of Proc consistency.

+MAG/-STR!Sumia!Lucina!Morgan @ Sage with Sage Pair Up:

LB, Aether, Luna, TF, Gale

Celica's (+5 MT/15 Hit)

Damage Wise [vs. Anna]: 61 MAG + 5 [Tomefaire] + 10 Rallies + 2 Tonic + 9 Pair Up + 9 Weapon +2 Weapon Rank: 98 ATK

Fizzle: 20

Luna: 34

Aether: 54

56 SKL + 7 Pair Up +10 Rallies +2 Tonic: 75 SKL

Aether: 37%

Luna: 47.25%

Fizzle: 15.75%

You get a Combat Table that is:

Aether- Aether: 13.69% - 108 Damage

Aether - Luna: 17.4825% - 88 Damage

Luna - Aether: 17.4825% - 88 Damage

Aether - Fizzle: 5.8275% - 74 Damage

Fizzle - Aether: 5.8275% - 74 Damage

Luna - Luna: 22.325625% - 68 Damage

Luna - Fizzle: 7.441875% - 54 Damage

Fizzle - Luna: 7.441875% - 54 Damage

Fizzle - Fizzle: 2.480625% - 40 Damage

Average: 78.39, which is fairly high, considering that's just lead damage.

Support obviously depends on who that is. With Owain, you're looking at-- 53 +10 +2 SKL:...

So a 95% Dual Strike Rate:

99 ATK with TF/Gale/Agg/Luna/LB.

So 40 Damage/Activation.

... The chance of not ORKOing with that kit is far less than a single percent.