Top Ten worst characters in Shadow Dragon

Fargo294

10. Athena. I've held a grudge against her since she's worse than the other Myrmidons. But then again, none of the gaiden chapter characters are good. But then again, nearly no one's growths are good in this game...

9. Roshea. His speed is abysmal, but can be partially remedied by changing to an archer.

8. Tomas. He'd be okay to use, but he comes in too late to be of any real use.

7. Macellen. He's got poor growths all around.

6. Rickard. Granted that he is a thief, Julian has amazing growths and puts him to shame.

5. Darros. I'd like him a lot more if his skill and speed were a little better.

4. Wrys. Worst healer in existence, but comparatively better to the ones higher on the list.

3. Matthis. His growths are pitiful compared to the other cavaliers; that, and he's kind of annoying.

2. Vyland. I can't even, I just can't. He's worse than Matthis, I think that's all that needs to be said.

1. Gordin. I hate him. He is the absolute worst. It's not just that he's bad, it's that he's the best natural archer in the game, if you think about it. He is the most balanced compared to the other archers, AND HIS GROWTHS SUCK.

Opinions! Do you have them? If so: share them on the interwebs, here!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the worst character is one that you admit is better than Norne, Jeorge (which honestly I find questionable, but sure) and Tomas.

also hahahaha athena in 10th that's great

Edited by Furetchen

I don't understand how Gordin can be the worst unit in the game, he has amazing availability, his bases are okay, same for his growths.

2. Vyland. I can't even, I just can't. He's worse than Matthis, I think that's all that needs to be said.

You have made yourself a powerful enemy! Warning, this list contains an extreme amount of bias.

10. Roshe - I like the guy, but that speed growth hurts. If you had like an extra 20%, you'd be pretty decent.

9. Rickard - Julian lite... and Julian was pretty lite to start with!

8. Darros - What a chump. No speed for you!

7. Gordin - Great availability! It's a shame you have the growths where they don't matter, in all honesty, most reclassed dudes outdo you.

5/6. The Thwomp Bros. - Too late, too weak. Fear Doga!

4. Arran - Dem bases, you're sick already, right?

3. Maria - Dem turns. As funny as you are, it's a sad day when reclassed cavaliers do better than you.

2. Mattis - Dat speed growth, he wishes he could be Biraku but fails miserably.

1. Tomas - Absolutely worthless. Imagine Gordin turning up at base level half way through the game. In drafts, I reclass him to curate and hope he hits A staves.

You have made yourself a powerful enemy! Warning, this list contains an extreme amount of bias.

10. Roshe - I like the guy, but that speed growth hurts. If you had like an extra 20%, you'd be pretty decent.

9. Rickard - Julian lite... and Julian was pretty lite to start with!

8. Darros - What a chump. No speed for you!

7. Gordin - Great availability! It's a shame you have the growths where they don't matter, in all honesty, most reclassed dudes outdo you.

5/6. The Thwomp Bros. - Too late, too weak. Fear Doga!

4. Arran - Dem bases, you're sick already, right?

3. Maria - Dem turns. As funny as you are, it's a sad day when reclassed cavaliers do better than you.

2. Mattis - Dat speed growth, he wishes he could be Biraku but fails miserably.

1. Tomas - Absolutely worthless. Imagine Gordin turning up at base level half way through the game. In drafts, I reclass him to curate and hope he hits A staves.

You forgot Horace.

BRB, making up reasons to ban a lot of you; go read my Skittles run

Today, I learned that thieves need HP, Skill, Luck, and Defense. Those are the growths that Julian beats Rickard in. They're even everywhere else (namely, the stats I'd rather have on a thief, 'cept for lolRes). I think Rickard's BASES leave much to be desired, though. Speaking of bases, Vyland beats Matthis. Oh, and more bases: If Gordin were to stay an Archer, and level up seven times. . .on average, Tomas would still win (in everything except for Speed and Defense).

My worst ten would be ten random generics that I got with garbage for bases.

Tomas is the best of the best. That green hair, man. I refuse to acknowledge his terribleness, since he's my bro.

Seriously, that list does indeed has some chumps on it, but there's also a few decent units, like Athena. It could use a bit of work.

I suppose Bantu, Wendell, and Boah are excluded?

I dunno about Bantu, but Wendell and Boah are, IMO million times better than guys like Gordin, non wol-gar wolguards, and Matthis >_>

I mean, Wendell is nerfed in this game, give him a credit

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Midia Cord and Bord arent anywhere near the worst.

My list of worst characters is:

1. Lorenz- definetely the worst character around imo. Super late join with those bases is just no.

2. Radd- terrible bases and weapon rank. His lck sucks and he's just super awful forever. His jointime doesn't help him either.

3. Maria- kinda like Radd, except at least she can use staves.

4. Arran- man, he's like a Jeigan that joins when the game is ending. Nuff said.

5. Dolph- whyyy..

6. Ymir- lol.

7. Rickard- thieving utility is awful in this game and he has ass for stats. Sorry, Eclipse :P

8. Tomas- he's like Gordin, except much later. Better than Dolph because he at least has a bow rank.

9. Macellan- almost as bad as Dolph.

10. Bantu- Firestone bonus gives him decent-ish one hit chip from 1 range, but his stats suck and chip from 1 range isn't ideal when youre in danger of getting doubled.

It's as if PKL didn't read that thing where I said that Rickard's bases were awful :P:

I completely forgot about Ban-Ban. His weapon is a PITA to find, his growths are bad, and his bases. . .UGH.

Another criticism people like repeating is "reclass feature is bad." And here I was thinking it was one of the features that made the game playable. I also feel H5 pushed the series into a new direction.