Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 25: The Road to Jerdon

Phoenix

"Hmm? Oh no, nothing like that." Damian replied, shaking his head.

"I told you, didn't I? That you were free to equip yourself as you saw fit. So you don't need to worry about payment or anything like that." Damian said with an assured voice, stretching his arms over his head slightly.

"You can think of it as a gift, I suppose." Damian added with a slight smirk, letting his arms fall back down to his sides.

'Could this... still be related to that incident with Shanice?' Damian wondered to himself, noticing the tiredness in her voice.

"Well, now that we are here, it would be best to sit, rest, and eat, wouldn't it? I suppose we should make our way soon."

"Well, it's too dark at this point to confirm..." Aiya trailed off, looking towards Ulfhrahn.

"I'll let you be the judge, okay? You're smarter than to stay inside something that'll fall on you." Aiya said with a smile, patting Ulfhrahn on his head.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelas couldn't help but wonder if this was some sort of ploy to get her in debt, but she kept that to herself. "Yeah," she replied as Damian mentioned a meal and resting. "Good thing we're not staying out in the open, but I'd rather get out of here quickly in the morning." Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can put the horses away, too, she thought. It had been a cold ride; it was even colder standing outside, even with the coat she'd bought.

---------------------------

Before Aiya could ask any more questions, the innkeeper scuttled off to see what was in the kitchen that he could pass off as a meal. If these guests turned out to be more trouble than they were worth... well, they'd just pay through the nose for it, especially if any of them got drunk and he could help himself to their belongings.

Charlotte

After handing her bags off to the friendly innkeeper, Charlotte quickly located Derek.

"Sir Derek, I need to meet with you privately. Could you come to my room as soon as you are able?" she asked him, before finding one of her rooms and sitting down in it. Now how to prove my identity...there are all my things in the Palais Cristal of course, but I have no idea what Jace did with them. I imagine some of the nobility still lives and would recognize their own princess. I suppose we'll have to go further inland then, near the capital. And what to do about Dani..

Tristan

After landing, Tristan decided to talk to Viveka. "Err Viveka...do you think Sunny's doing all right? Being from Elyisima, I guess she'd be pretty cold in this weather. Actually come to think of it, you're from Elysima too, you're probably not used to it being cold either," he said to her.

Morgan

Morgan simply sat at one of the tables of the inn, drumming her fingers against it, deep in thought. She felt...uneasy, more than usual. Well, the demons have been quiet for far too long, they are probably going to attack soon and we will be woefully unprepared as always. Not to mention Isotov could have been dead for hours by now, Proxima could be in the hands of demons for all I know. Lev and the others would be watching over him I suppose, but there is no telling what happened to them either. Lev did promise not to get himself killed and he has not broken a promise to me yet...

(He is certainly in a bad mood.) Raemond didn't dare bother Beau, knowing that if he did, he'd get an earful.

Indeed, the young heir was seething at how the day had gone. (And here I find myself at yet another inn which will undoubtedly drain my reserves dry if I attempt to pay for this quarrelsome, haphazard, rag-tag bunch of sellsword vagabonds... And I'd bet the inn its self is infested with sweat, vomit and Ziatani knows what else! And the way this man is behaving...) "I won't have it."

Raemond looked to Beau, who was still seated on Lantos' back. Confusion was plain on the Templar's face. "You won't have what?"

"I'm not staying here."

It was so final and resolute that the monk wasn't sure what to say at first. In fact, before he could reply, Beau slid off of the horse's back and mentioned, "I'll be in the wilderness." as he began walking back towards the town's gate.

"Wait -- You can't just decide this," Raemond feebly attempted to disuade Beau, getting in the young lord's path.

"And why not?" the younger quietly demanded, the sharpness of his glare somewhat surprising Raemond.

(How hostile is he right now...?) "You wanted to stay with this group. If you're going to be a part of it, then you have to stay with it." Raemond hoped he sounded sensible.

He did. For a moment, Beau was quiet. Then he turned and entered the inn, went directly to the rooms, found an empty one and shut himself in. At the very least, Beau could go to sleep and make this wretched day end.

~~~~~~~~~~

The monk sighed in relief after Beau had entered the inn. (Well, that's settled... Undoubtedly I'll be sharing a room with Heinz again.) "For now, let's see about finishing getting you settled," Raemond murmurred to Lantos, finishing his horse's lodging arrangements in the stables.

~~~~~~~~~~

Esphyr was glad the day was over. Once inside, she chose a room, dropped her things in there, washed her hands and went to the common room to see what they had to eat. She was famished.

(OOC: I will break your senses.)

Drunk

"New meat, new meat, new meat!" the drunk said as she spied with her little eye the fresh young young'ons coming in to her home. Well not home, just the place where she spent most of her time. That was called, ah well, it was close enough to home! Actually she did live here didn't she? Lived in that one room for a while. The first of them, or second since there was that one immediately to the left, wait that was an afterimage or a personal blur or something like that. Well anyway, the first or second, didn't really matter did it? of them was sitting down at that table over there where once there stood no table at all. Plenty of chairs though, just like the one she was sitting on. Actually there was a table, well, more like an ottoman, which wasn't a table at all now that she thought about it, so really it was more like a lounge space, just with only one ottoman and a bunch of uncomfortable chairs. Well actually all the chair faced different ways and different tables, it was pretty cramped all told, which is why everything was changed to the current configuration, well, after a few more interim changes. Like that time where the dragon was there. Though that was probably a dream. Death was there too, well a guy impersonating him a least, this one had a scythe and she knew that knew used knives. Bright red knives that snapped crackled and popped. Wait that was another dream. The real Death's red knives only crackled with malicious... envy? No, rage? Nah, blood? Well obviously but blood doesn't crackle except all those times it did. Well, even so that wasn't it, she was as sure about that as she was sure her name was... her name! Yes, that couldn't be contradicted within five seconds. Her name was Bob! No dammit that wasn't it, ah well, might as well surge with that.

The drunk chugged back her latest beer, sniffed that really, really foul air, and launched into one of her famous--and not infamous at all--tales directed at the shamen-druid women pounding at the table and the dunk's head incidentally! "So there I was, sitting on some chair in some bar that come to think of it was here, when in walked this blonde in a slinky red dress. But actually she was a brunette and it was a modest black dress, I just felt like channeling that one guy I liked before he died in that horrible fire. Or was he ripped apart by time itself for his arrogance? Or was he burned by fire due to being an affront to time? Wait, he's alive, oh yeah, he went off muttering something about cashing in savings bonds. I'm not quite sure what those are, but I'd wager they're some sort of bond that was saved. So getting back to my first point, this here woman was sitting on this here barstool and the year was 19 diggity seven, because these days there's a savings bond on eights, fine of a pickle if you say it. Good thing I don't have any, so I have to pay in a wink. WINK! So, the day was today and I'm me and you're you, I don't know who you are, so it's safe to assume you're one of my kids, because you're probably about one of there ages, I'm not too sure since it's been about forty years since I've seen any of them. Now, you're thinking, how could I confuse a sweet young thing like you with a child I haven't seen in 40 years? Well first off you aren't sweet and you're older then me. Fourth, I'm actually legally blind after every birth I passed out from being drunk at the time. So once I cut the umbilical chord and Doctor Barb--who back in those days was King Henry the 17th's brother King Henry the 71st--told me that I wasn't the father. Which while not a shock came as a surprise seeing as how I was born a tiger. So as my tiger cub and I were fighting the werewolves of Genoopolis, flying high above Monsteropolis, I saw your face and remembered the meaning of death. So now I have to ask you brudda, do you know what Mr. Stone is grilling? I do, it's quite tasty as long as you have poison resistance at level three, but a spellcaster like you, reeking of a fresh kill, probably some small animal sacrifice to your dark gods who are my dark gods but I've rebelled but came back into their good graces for luring our grandfather, head of the opposing cult into an ambush where we tickled him with feathers. Now, as I sit here, looking you over, I ask, do you want to here of the glorious history of Assassin's Super Secret Assassin Secret Squad Iron Nine, or ASSASSIN for short? Or I could tell you of the dark secrets behind the founding of the Dereksville of Barbershop. Personally I say go for the truth behind the Fulgore uprising, now that's a dozy!"

The drunk slammed her mug down. "More beer, more booze, more vodka! A tenpiece of gold and an iron saber for each one!"

"Well, I won't keep you. It was nice talking to you Kelas... I feel like we haven't had many chances for it in the past..." Damian said with a solemn tone, before looking towards the inn.

"And I should probably rest off that damn dark magic... stuff still tears into me like butter..."

Leaving Ulfhrahn to his own devices in the back yard of the inn, Aiya entered the main room, the scent of food reaching her.

"After this kind of day, it'll be nice to sleep in a place like this..." she trailed off, making her way towards the check in desk.

Seeing the innkeeper again, she called out to him.

"So, you saw the size of our group. What are we talking price wise here?" Aiya asked him, leaning against a support beam.

Downing the bottle of whiskey with a long gulp, the gruff man placed the bottle down on the table, and after tossing several coins to a young waitress, grasped another bottle from behind the counter.

The woman drunk was back again. Well, talkative bitch never really left, so that wasn't quite right. She was spouting off another story, nearly hanging off one of the women who had entered the inn.

"S'too bad. You'z mighta been a big hook if dis one 'ere ain't more booze ten blood." The man heckled, chuckling deeply as he proceeded to begin downing his next bottle.

[spoiler=Pre-Skip]

Collapse

After the attack, Reika had lunged at Danielle, in an attempt to beat the life out of the thunder sage. However, when the grip was released, she didn't gasp for breath, groan, or get up. Instead, the Jerdonian fainted, even as Morgan and the others moved to separate the two.

Greeting Cut Short

"It's unfortunate that we had to be introduced... at this sorry sight. Nonetheless, it's a pleasure to meet you, Tobe," Derek said, trying to sound friendly, despite the irony of the situation. Before he could say any more, though, the commotion finally reached their ears. The paladin turned back to the hill where Helios and Dani were situated, only to see the latter down now, with Reika being pulled off of her.

"... We'll talk later," he said to Viveka and Tobe, with a grim expression on his face. With that said, Derek remounted Ann, bade her gallop the short distance to his sister, and swiftly dismounted, to assure himself that she was fine, just unconscious. The man wanted to pummel the Crimson Knives wielder, but Dani's safety took priority. As the argument continued, the brother lifted the thunder sage up, and fixed her to the saddle, and forced himself to walk away from the aggressor, seething.

Arrival

The anger had mostly cooled by the time that they had arrived in the border town which, Derek noted, hadn't changed much since the last time he had been there. What had changed was the guard's statement that the Princess was dead, a rumor that may lead to unfortunate consequences. Just as that thought passed through his mind, Charlotte approached him and asked her subject to come to her room as soon as possible, to which he nodded. The royal then stormed off to her room, leaving the paladin to unstrap his sister, carry her into one of the empty rooms the group had rented out, and then stable Ann. Once he had managed to complete these, it took mere minutes for him to find and enter the Princess's room, closing the door behind him as he did.

"... Alright, Your Highness, what is it that you wish to speak of?", he asked, despite the fact that he was pretty sure he knew the answer already.

Unfamiliar Terrain

This area Kamilla had led Henry to seemed to have less citizens than the one he had seen earlier, which had felt too crowded. Now, there were only a few people on the road, none of whom seemed to be in a good mood, though. Some of them were busy doing... something, to the barriers, while others held outlines of weapons, seemingly standing guard.

"... We can look around. And there is a cathedral here, is there not?" he said, when his fellow Templar hung her head in shame. "Even if we do not find him for a while, this is not a fruitless pursuit." The man would've said more, but then, a sinister-looking pegasi-form and a man whose light was fading. The man flashed back to the battle, when Althea's light faded... That wasn't a good sign. Keeping away from the winged horse, the templar rushed to the injured man-form's side.

"How bad are you harmed, sir?," he asked, before turning to Kamilla. "I think we'll need one of the brothers, Kamilla. Can you go get one of them...?"

Edited by Snike

Kami-Chan

Kamilla found it strange that Henry could tell there was something wrong with the man trailing behind the pegasus. His initial explanation of how he saw the world she could barely remember. Maybe wounds were just incredibly easy for him to spot. He was a swordsman after all. Putting speculation aside, she nodded at his request.

Kamilla: I'll be right back!

She would have immediately took off running but the way they had been heading, the black pegasus was somewhat in the way, and she didn't want to take any chances getting close to it. She instead went around, going by Henry and the injured man instead of risking her life by going between them or the other way. The man turned out to have not one but two wounds. A somewhat superficial wound, and a much deeper more serious one that was bleeding profusely.

Hostler: That damn pegasus is a fiend, but I ... really wanted to show them I could handle her.

Looking down at his wounds, he grimaced.

Hostler: Hey, is it really that bad, that a random stranger is fearing for my life?

Nyx simply watched them. The one trying to capture her had finally bled enough to stop bothering her, so she felt she was home free and could get back to the castle with no more troubles. She would have flown there to begin with, but the stench of battle was still lingering, and she always knew that without Daneka's guidance, flying around in a war zone was just dumb.

"We need to decide how to resolve this issue of my supposed death. I should have known Jace would try something like this. I was thinking that maybe if we went to the capital someone would recognize me and reinstate me on the throne, but...I don't know how likely that is to work. We'll need to go there regardless to have me officially named queen, but if Jace had any forces left in Jerdon I suspect he would leave them there," Charlotte began as Derek entered the room, not wasting any time with small talk for the moment.

Morgan gave the woman a dubious glance. "You are either raving mad or have consumed far too much alcohol...possibly both. I have neither the time nor patience for these nonsensical ramblings," she said, getting up and deciding to find some peace and quiet away from everyone.

Drunk

"Heym I don't don't need you not voicing your words. Or something. I know I had a point in there somewhere!" the drunk said as she drooled. Hmmm, she would need to fix that. She brought out a hankerchief and cleaned herself. She was a lady after all! "Now, now girly," she cried after the woman leaving, "I'm just no into that kind of thing. Except all those times I was into that thing, but that was a long, long time ago, before I could clearly remember. Then again I can only remember about five minutes earlier, which was before this conversation started, so I'll have you know I'm NOT drunk I'm flat-smashing boozed up. See, there's a difference, in that unlike my good friend at the bar 'm not slurring my words! I'm not sure why really, I can only guess becausse Ish forgot, but well that doesn't seem to be! And don't call me raving mad, I am stark-crazed, there's a difference! Now, I now I can't even see you anymore, but I assume you can still hear me because I"M TALKING REALLY LOUD!"

Luc Altair and the Fargo

"Aren't you going in Fargo?" Luc asked his subordinate. It wasn't like him to pass up an opputonity to gorge himself.

"Have a bad feeling sir." he answered.

"Nonsense, such a thing is irrelevant."

"Why aren't you going in then?"

"Someone has to keep watch."

"Sure sir," Fargo's tone was almost sarcastic.

Edited by Script

Kelas shrugged, and headed into the stables. It didn't seem like Damian had any agenda-- there was no reason he would, she reminded herself again-- but it had been an uncomfortable conversation nonetheless.

The stables were not at all satisfactory in her opinion, but they were what they had, and she didn't see anything that would make them outright dangerous. There only seemed to be one hostler, and he seemed to be drunk. After caring for her horses, Kelas informed the hostler that he was to leave them alone, and headed into the inn. If the man tried, Kelas knew Amari would likely make him sorrier than Kelas would be able to herself.

There was no real dinner set out, and looking at the state of the food around the common room, it seemed this was probably a good thing. Dinner was a few carefully inspected rolls and pieces of dried fruit, supplemented by jerky-- she was not about to risk food poisoning.

The rooms, too, were subpar, and there were few enough that it seemed sharing would be necessary. Rather than leave choosing up to Morgan, Kelas took Arrin's pack for him and claimed a room for both of them. Even the bed looked suspect; she left it alone, not wanting to pick up whatever parasites previous visitors had left there. Instead, she set her own bedroll up by the brazier that kept the room warm. Sleep came quickly: it had been a long day.

-----------------------------------------

Arrin was not particularly keen on the state of the inn, but at least it was warm. The common area seemed to be full of drunk people, including a woman who kept shouting, so he tried to stick close to both Tessa and Beau to make sure they were all right. He was hungry enough to eat some of the food that was laid out, but after doing so he could only hope that he wouldn't regret it.

"Why's she scairt o' you?" Tobe had returned from taking care of Shadow in time to see the end of the conversation between Kelas and Damian. "I didn' think she were scairt o' nothin', before." As usual, he realized that he was speaking up twenty seconds too late, and immediately clapped his hand over his mouth, trying to shrink away.

"We'll take care of that in the morning before you leave, Miss," the innkeeper replied, looking for an exit so he could furtively lighten Charlotte's bag before conveying it to a room. "We have nice low room rates, don't worry."

OOC: blergh I ran outta brain halfway through this, sorry =_=

Derek

The duke of Munktan merely frowned as the Princess outlined her concerns regarding how she was to regain the throne. The report of Charlotte's death came as odd, especially since it was only a few days since the attack on Burgosas. Hadn't there been a few nobles there who were from Jerdon? Regardless, his liege had the acknowledged the fact that marching straight into the capital right now would have an unfortunate outcome. So, the alternative was to gather support first.

"Milady, we should gain support from the other dukes and nobles, first," Derek said, gazing out the window. "Once we convince them, we can proceed to the capital with little difficulty. Now, we can either head towards Rielle or Munktan, and then hold meetings with the other lords and ladies from the safety either dukedom."

Injury

"... You are weakening rather quickly, so, I would presume so," Henry said, as Kamilla moved past him to run to the cathedral. "Who does this pegasus belong to, anyways? She seems to be so vicious, that I cannot believe she is actually owned by someone, much less ridden."

"Let's head towards Munktan then, we can gain support there and also return Dani home, though I'm not sure how much she'll recognize given her...condition. Hopefully your presence will allow us to convince any nobles living there of who their rightful ruler is. My identity...could be in doubt I suppose, but the idea that there are multiple imposters running amok would be utterly preposterous," Charlotte said to Derek.

Hostler

Hostler: That pegasus belongs to to some Septimian officer woman that's staying at the inn where I work. Handling her pegasus once it got out of its pin looked difficult but we all wagered that one of us would manage to get her back in with a little love and sweet talk. So far, she's wandered a little further from the inn which each of our attempts. The others gave up already, and I'm the only guy that's been stabbed twice so far. That thing seems to just hate anything that gets near it. What a vicious mare.

Kami-chan

When Kamilla arrived at the cathedral and entered through the front entrance, she wasn't surprised to find no one there ... no one in immediate view at least. Looking around, she called out.

Kamilla: Is anyone here? Hello? There's a guy bleeding to death not far from here and I could use some help-helloooooo?!

Someone There

"... And that is why I will need some aid from the Reformist Templars," Jace said, wrapping up a brief summary of the events in Altenau. "I would have diverted to Ursibus, however I had to see to the capital, first." The Hero was about to thank the bishop for his time, when someone ran in, shouting about a man that was bleeding to death a short distance away. Oh dear.

"And it seems like there is more banditry afoot, something I cannot allow. I'll act as an escort for you, Father," the Brute said, walking towards the entrance of the cathedral to find the source of the cry for help. It ended up being a young girl in church robes, who was looking around for any sign of life. "... Alright, where are they? Please lead us to them, if you will."

Conrad:

As the situation began to ease up the Crimson group proceeded on their way to Jerdon, arriving at a small town by the day's end. 'Do you not recognize your princess?' Announcing her presence to all nearby when we just arrived… and still a ways from the capital isn't the best of ideas. He would need to talk to his pegasus knights about a number of things, before determining Elyisima's best interests regarding Jerdon. With luck, another update would be coming soon.

Conrad frowned as the innkeeper came outside to greet them; his voice rang the same way as the sycophants in the military and even at the palace did. Leading Thunderbolt into the stables, the warhorse snorted. Less than suitable, he thought. It really wouldn't do to keep the mounts in a place like this, but there probably wasn't much better available elsewhere. "With luck we won't be staying here long," he spoke, draping his saddlebags over the removed armor as he entered the inn. No need for them to charge us more than is necessary. Conrad noticed the Haltonian captain talking to the innkeeper and headed up the stairs, claiming the first empty room he could find for himself.

"Time to break the news," he murmured, stepping back into the hallway and considerably less weighed down this time. General Jackson knocked and opened one of the doors- the nomad was inside- he uttered a quick apology before closing it again. The next one proved to be correct, although the priest appeared to be asleep.

Would it not be more merciful to allow the boy to rest in obliviousness for one more night? But the general had delayed long enough already, intentional or not, and it was the sort of news one ought to convey officially.

Conrad shut the door and shook the boy awake as gently as he could manage. "Wake up, Beau."

Heinz:

The mercenary ducked out of the way as the other thief attempted to argue her motivations, the discussion eventually coming to some form of a stop. Heinz rifled through the saddlebags quickly and found the remainder of the rope, sans bloodstains. He tucked the used rope in another pocket, perhaps it would come in handy in the future.

Don't want to mark these good clothes with blood just yet, I'll need to wash out those bloodstains before they dry out, the thief noted. Suppose I should thank Beau too, sometime, smirking slightly as a figure on a horse entered the corner of his vision. And talk with her a bit later, she's had her turn after all.

Heinz glanced up when it became apparent Charlotte couldn't prove she was truly the Jerdonian princess. No identification? Most commoners wouldn't have a reason to believe she is who she claims to be, pulling Ralf over to the rundown stable. He eyed the drunken hostler warily and put the horse in a stall, rummaging around for an apple and tossing it in his general direction. The horse neighed grumpily as the fruit ricocheted off the wall, landing in the next stall over.

Bending down, the thief carried the remainder of his items into the inn with him, glancing at the two horribly drunken souls in amusement. Seems like they'll be spending all their gold tonight, smiling contentedly to himself as he walked up the stairs, absentmindedly rubbing one side of the saddlebags. Nudging the door open with his shoulder Heinz set the saddlebags on the floor, taking out some of his old clothes. Should be in here somewhere, yes! A bit smashed, but this should do, munching on a few biscuits he had stashed. Not too bad actually, could use some salt, debating whether to go back downstairs and try his luck with the food.

The mercenary paused for a few seconds. Might as well test it, Heinz shrugged and lazily headed back down.

Edited by the_whistler

Beau had only just entered the deeper form of sleep when he was pulled out of it. When he saw the general there, for a fracture of an instant he didn't recognize him as anyone other than someone significantly bigger and stronger than himself and jolted in surprise. Then his expression turned to a glare as he asked somewhat snappily, "What do you want? Is this fleapit ablaze? If so, I'd be glad for it, though since I doubt that, I see no reason for you to disturb me -- without permission no less!" A bad day and now a rude awakening. (Didn't I lock the door? Wait... Does it even have a lock? Ugh...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oddly enough, the food wasn't all that bad. Of course, Esphyr's opinion was porbably only formulated through her hunger and she wouldn't be surprised if she had all sorts of stomach problems later. For now, though, she just shrugged it off and ate her food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raemond considered entering the inn, but he was somewhat reluctant to do so. So, he decided to spend some more time outside, silently reassuring Lantos that the stables weren't so bad by preferring to be there himself, rather than the inn. Indeed, Lantos was a bit perplexed. The human would do as he pleased and the company was welcome -- it made him feel somewhat special -- so he was in no rush to have the monk rejoin his fellow humans.

Kami-chan

Kamilla was surprised to find not only a suitable healer but a combat ready man as well. It probably wouldn't be necessary to harm the pegasus, but if it was still hanging around near Henry and the injured hostler, then some extra protection was probably a good idea.

Kamilla: Alright then, follow me. It's not too far from here.

Black Pegasus

The pegasus hung around near Henry and the injured hostler for a little while.

The Arrival

The black pegasus had only stayed awhile out of curiosity. The swordsman had an odd presence to him that she couldn't help but notice, and so she took a few sniffs in his general direction. Nothing really out of the ordinary, that's what her nose told her. Then Kamilla arrived with the two men from the Cathedral in tow. The scene was quite well preserved from when she had last been there.

Kamilla: There he is, over there. Oh but watch out for the pegasus. It's pretty aggressive.

The Brute and the Blind

"Aggressive is an understatement," Jace said, shaking his head when he saw Nyx hanging around the wounded hostler and a swordsman who was near him, keeping the man talking. "I doubt Daneka told them about how vicious Nyx was. I will have to speak to her later... When she's not drunk... Father, if you will?"

As Kamilla arrived, bringing two individuals with her, Henry stepped away from the horned pegasus and the fading man, as he would be only an obstruction. The swordsman took a look at the newcomers, and involuntarily took a step back. The man with the staff had the light of a man serving the Goddessm but the man who dwarfed him... His light outshone the bishops. In fact, it was almost as brilliant as Kaileen's light. Incredible.

Kami-chan (the only one with no lines)

As the bishop carefully made his way over to the injured man, and knelt down beside him, Nyx took a few steps back. She knew the giant human well. That might mean he was there to reel her in. She didn't know if that meant they were going back to the castle ... which she wanted, or if it meant he would take her back to the lousy inn stables, which she loathed. Since she didn't know, she kept just enough distance from the man to try and gallop away if she needed to.

Meanwhile, the bishop had inquired about the injury whilst he healed it, and was unamused to learn how stubborn the man had been with the dangerous animal.

Bishop: Dear boy, you shouldn't have followed the animal this far. Instead you should have contacted the owner about it.

Hostler: Yeah I know ... but it seemed like we might be able to handle her at the time.

Bishop: Well that should do it.

He stood and offered the hostler a hand up.

Bishop: Do any of the others working with you need my attention?

Hostler: Heh, probably.

Jace and Henry

Jace sighed as the hostler mentioned there would be other hostlers that would need to be healed. This was turning out to be a fine mess. "I'll get Nyx to her owner, and return to the inn with compensation," he said, before beginning to turn towards the castle. He was, however, interrupted by a question:

"...Your light looks just like Kaileen's. Who are you?," the swordsman who had been talking to the hostler asked, prompting the Brute to turn around in response.

"Jace," he replied. "And, how do you know Kaileen? That fan..." Jace stopped, as he finally directly looked at the swordsman, or rather, his sword.

That was Gracia's sword, sheath and all.

Jace had stopped talking mid-sentence and seemed to be immobile for a moment, his outline facing Henry. Then, as sudden as his stop, the giant axe-wielder resumed speaking, this time in a muted tone.

"... I need you to come with me to the castle," the man said to Henry, before turning around. "You as well, miss," he added, loud enough so that Kamilla could hear him. Then, with a snap of his fingers, the brilliant-lighted man barked <<"Nyx, viens ici!">>, and began to head straight ahead, leaving Henry to follow, confused.

OOC: *** = PoV Change.

People

Kamilla: (That's Jace? The Brute?)

Nyx's ear flickered a bit when she heard Jace speak to her. She slowly came over and hoped against hope that they were going back to the palace, and not to that old inn.

Kamilla: W-wait, you want us to go with you to where?!

Despite the suddenness, she followed along, if only to catch up and ask The Brute why the same question again.

Jace

"To the castle. Or the palace, if you prefer that word," Jace said distractedly, continuing his steady pace towards the royal court nonetheless. "I have a few questions for you and your swordsman companion." Who was either a thief, or... It wasn't the time to worry about that just yet. For now, a situation update would be a start.

Da Cold

Viveka: I'll be honest here. I'd be just fine in the cold if I was issued an all weather uniform. Instead, there's this city one and it's no good for the cold weather. If not for the arm guards and the leggings I might be in serious trouble. As for Sunny ... I think she's more worried about being separated from Bellerophon than the cold, hahah.

Da Castle

The bishop walked with the hostler back to the inn and Kamilla followed Jace while keeping her distance from Nyx, who was also following the man. Since they were headed toward the castle, she felt better about the whole thing.

Tristan

"Well I guess you weren't required to travel a lot then. From what I remember of my history lessons, Elysimia hasn't been involved in any major conflicts since the Lord of Azure Flame time. As for Bellerophon, I uh don't think he's used to being around pretty girls. Er, that is to say girl pegasi. I think they like each other," Tristan finished, giving Viveka a nervous smile and looking down.

Xenia

Xenia and some of the mercenaries searched around for that Alphonse guy for a little while, but he was nowhere to be found. Giving up eventually, Xenia decided to head back to the inn where most of the Ivanko Mercenaries should still be.

"Hey everyone!" she shouted, wantonly opening doors as she went. "Meet me in the common room, I've got an announcement to make!" she said to anyone who was around. Eventually she stood in the common area of the inn, waiting for people to file in. The bartender seemed somewhat annoyed at the amount of noise this woman was making, but after the trouble last night he was beyonf caring for the most part.