Horrendously Slow Bosses

Aran613

I have noticed that most of the GBA Fire Emblem final bosses are usually restrained by not being able to double (or getting doubled) by lots of units. I know that they're supposed to show their might and power along with magical talent, but Lyon and Nergal both lack enough speed to double any units, or they do get doubled. Wouldn't it be very interesting to see if there was a final boss that did not have as much power as the rest of the others, but could easily double your most of your units, and actually dodge some hits? I'd like that challenge more than sending out a maxed resistance falcoknight or whatever towards them and instantly killing them. Lyon and Nergal? Even jokes on hard mode. (Note - I don't see too much of a fault with demon king and the dragon, except for the fact that Luna kills the dragon instantly and the demon king was way too easy).

Does anyone else think that'd be interesting to see rather than watching your units doubling and easy taking out a boss like that?

Note - I don't see too much of a fault with demon king and the dragon, except for the fact that Luna kills the dragon instantly and the demon king was way too easy).

That's a pretty fucking big fault if you ask me. Pick a position and stick to it!

Does anyone else think that'd be interesting to see rather than watching your units doubling and easy taking out a boss like that?

I don't find it interesting to have super dodgy bosses that take forever to kill and are to easy to beat, and while Nergal was a lil' bitch and Lyon was harder, I honestly think this is more of the right way to go. Other RPGs have these epic final bosses that take forever to kill, but I like how Fire Emblem is more...grounded in reality in this aspect, for lack of a more apropos term. The final boss is always just another boss, and while I do feel some games hype said boss too much only for him to end up being a dissapointment (which is uh...kinda lame), I like how the final boss fights are brevitacious* and all that. Maybe it's just me though.

*not a real word

Well Duessel can double the fucker with all three speedwings (unless if you steal from amelia in 9 and then she doesn't come back with one in 13, idk never tried, in which case only Eph route has 3 then) and Garm

But getting that third one via stealing is probably too much of a pita or something

Base-promo Gerik can do with with 2 + Garm but getting him to use Garm is likely too inefficient

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Base-promo Gerik can do with with 2 + Garm but getting him to use Garm is likely too inefficient

Well, actually it's not TOO hard if you promote him ASAP and use him a lot with him throwing around Steel Axes primarily.

Well, actually it's not TOO hard if you promote him ASAP and use him a lot with him throwing around Steel Axes primarily.

Why Steel when you can just go Devil (er...when it arrives of course)

You should try FE12 Maniac or Lunatic mode. The final boss would be able to double all your non-snipers/swordmasters/berserkers/horseman. Then tell me how fun it is to see the rest of your team just looking like decoration in the backdrop while you clench your teeth and pray your lord crits twice in a row.

Because you need to build rank before Devil and when it DOES come it's very dangerous.

Nah Devil Axe is E, and it only really tends to backfire on crits, probably because those are the ones I remember >:(

Edited by Mikethfc

I was considering dondon speed since it was a reply to something pertaining to his comment, not how most of us play. Most of us play with growths so there should be at least a few units that hits the magical 23AS threshold normally anyway.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I was considering dondon speed since it was a reply to something pertaining to his comment, not how most of us play. Most of us play with growths so there should be at least a few units that hits the magical 23AS threshold normally anyway.

I can't really think of many. There's Joshua, but Ephraim/Eirika need to gain a lot of levels post promotion to do it (Eirika needs 20/8 and Ephraim needs 20/10). Given how scarce EXP is after Chapter 16, that's a tall order, even with Ephraim getting the lion's share of the bosskills. Franz needs 20/12.. which is more reasonable, I guess, but with the early promotion that's like 15/17. Plus Franz will be stuck using Vidofnir. There's also Vanessa/Tana (20/8 and 20/7 respectively), I guess, but Vanessa's strength is so blah you might as well not even bother.

You should try FE12 Maniac or Lunatic mode. The final boss would be able to double all your non-snipers/swordmasters/berserkers/horseman. Then tell me how fun it is to see the rest of your team just looking like decoration in the backdrop while you clench your teeth and pray your lord crits twice in a row.

medeustrueform.png

I dunno, I wish more bosses were like this.

Last boss maps should be some 'fast enough to not be doubled by non-SMs' boss with siege ranged weapons and various status staff using enemies and fog of war with various walls and obstacles! 8]

Totally supported by a few siege ranged enemies and near cap foes