Brides. . . really?

I know I'm probably beating a dead pony here, but. . . seriously?

we get the Demon Fighter class exclusive to male units, and the exclusive female unit DLC is bride? I don't even want to get inot the idea that a class for bride is like having a class for being a stamp collector, it has no real meaning for what the class can even do. But my real issue is that the class is well, in the bluntest terms; stupid.

And no, it's not sexist, because that would actually entail that male units lack a "Groom" class (seriously, where's the best man, or ring bearer class?), it's just showing a real lack of interest in the DLC classes and characters.

Aside from getting classes outright wrong for many of the cameo characters, they've really not added anything all that new in terms of what the DLC offers. the newest one is a class for girls to be brides.

I'm sure your unmarried party members, and female fire emblem fans will enjoy that 'boon'.

Well, I rambled like an idiot, what do you all think of this new addition to the stellar DLC so far?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have a thread for this, you posted in it!

that one sort of became a thread about Lyn not having her right class. . .

also I felt like making a thread mostly based around the Bride class, and my personal feelings. Take of that what you will.

I like it from a gameplay perspective.

. . . care to elaborate? I'm sure she'll be a serviceable class (no pun intended for the whole Bride thing. . . damn it's just a gold mind for horribly sexist jokes I won't make about marriage), but it just irks me that they chose such an odd exclusive class for female units. as I said in the other thread: "what's next, Maids?"

Edited by StrategistPockystix

I'm just gonna repeat a question that I posted in that thread.

Considering what unit type Eirika was in her game, is there any chances of this class being classified as "Swordfighter Family" if this class can indeed use swords?

maybe

Edit: And I said a gameplay perspective. Bows + Staves for double utility, and probably another weapon type (swords?) for one range.

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk

Fits the "Waifu Emblem" theme perfectly.

what's the male equivalent to that engrish?

Husbandu?

where's that class? to hell with the Demon Fighter, real men bite the bullet of commitment!

Edit: And I said a gameplay perspective. Bows + Staves for double utility, and probably another weapon type (swords?) for one range.

I can see what you mean, though it still seems weird. . . what makes a Bride a class? Does being a Florist make you capable of using magic by default? If we're going by this games logic, that is.

Edited by StrategistPockystix

Pretty sure he meant Sumia, who I don't know much about, but apparently she's a really generic, shy anime girl.

Someone actually complained about Elincia? Or do you mean Inverse? I'm starting to forget which site did what.

People definitely complained about her here, I being one of them. Mostly because her new design looked like shit.

Edited by Momo

Not likely. The fighting style is completely different, and it seems like an unnecessary change that would throw off its parallels with Demon Fighter.

Anyway, I welcome the gameplay impact of freely available new classes, especially ones with new weapon combinations as this one does, and likely fun new skills as this one will. Beyond the name, this seems fantastic, and like the rest, I will be buying it immediately as soon as it becomes available for download.

Edited by Othin

I don't even want to get inot the idea that a class for bride is like having a class for being a stamp collector, it has no real meaning for what the class can even do.

This makes no sense. There are numerous class names that give no indication of what the class is capable of doing. Mercenary, hero, myrmidon, fighter, and warrior are some prime examples of extremely vague class names. I'd say even "Demon Fighter" is pretty vague. Is it a character who fights demons, or is it a character who fights using demonic powers?

This makes no sense. There are numerous class names that give no indication of what the class is capable of doing. Mercenary, hero, myrmidon, fighter, and warrior are some prime examples of extremely vague class names. I'd say even "Demon Fighter" is pretty vague. Is it a character who fights demons, or is it a character who fights using demonic powers?

I've been wondering about that last one, aren't Demon and Magic the same word in Japanese or something? Mage fighter gives you an idea of what it is.

Well, Myrm does give away what the class does. It's just that few know what that word means.

I would have to disagree. Myrmidons in mythology are a race of fierce warriors who served under Achilles. This very vague and in no way indicates what the actual unit does. In a more colloquial sense, Myrmidon can also refer to someone who plays out their master's commands without thought, which is even more vague.

lol girls suck

Nice non-contributing post. Enjoy your warn.

I've been wondering about that last one, aren't Demon and Magic the same word in Japanese or something? Mage fighter gives you an idea of what it is.

I've heard something about that, but I don't know the specifics. I was referring mainly to Demon Fighters from Gaiden, anyway. They're more akin to swordmasters. The only thing magical about them is their high resistance.

I'll wait for someone to translate the story for my full opinions on this one. I hold that wedding dresses are pretty much the most impractical fighting outfit I can think of off the top of my head, but if she was summoned directly from her wedding, then it would at least make sense. Now summon a butlergroom plz

I just hope they make it the same three-weapon class like Demon Fighter with either swords (for story) or lances (for gameplay) as her third option. I'm leaning towards swords for story myself, but I won't cry if she gets lances either. Now if it's just bows and staves and no third weapon, that would be super lame.

Edited by Fat Bunny