Play record guide (tagged spoilers)

Update:

I have modified this post a bit to clarify the specifics of getting certain play records. Also added information on DLC and fighting the secret boss.

(Names are not the localised versions because I don't know what those are at the time of writing)

I originally just wanted to post the image, but I thought this would be a good opportunity to talk about 100% completion of this game.

In Fortuna's office, there is a trophy corner where you can view a a list of records of things you have done. Most of them are hard to miss, but some of them require specific actions or are otherwise hard. I'll cover the specific ones here.

List of play records (Japanese)

You won't get the followings in the first playthrough as certain outfits and challengs cannot be unlocked during the first playthrough:

• Get all of Itsuki's outfits
  • Get all of Tiki's outfits
  • Complete the Legendary level of the arena
  • Complete the request "Battle! Mirage Dojo Masters"
  • Complete the request "Descend of the Demon Dragon God"
  • Finish the game at Lunatic difficulty
  • Finish the game 2 times
  • Finish the game 3 times

Other tricky play records:

Obtain 15 of Virion's Carnage Forms

Obtain 10 of Draug's Carnage Forms

Obtain 10 of Nabarl's Carnage Forms

You need to have to Class Change to both branches to have access to enough Carnage Forms in the first place. Everyone gets 3 additional forms when changing class (6 total for both options), but Nabarl only gets 2 per class.

​Visit Uzume training centre 30 times

You don't visit it that many times. When there is no mission linked to it, it's just an empty room, so there's no reason to. The visit count (like all counters) carry across playthroughs, so if your aim is 100% completion (which requires 3 playthroughs), you don't need to do anything special.

[spoiler=This part shows dungeon names and gimmicks]Reveal the dungeon map of Illusory Studio

There is one area you can't reach even in Chapter 5. You gain access to it in an even later request.

Reveal the dungeon map of Illusory Doluna

There is a hard-to-find floor, height 226m, accessible from 232m. It's hard to describe the way to access it in words, but you can refer to this map (select the appropriate height first).

Get caught by Illusory Shibuya's camera 30 times

You may think you should avoid those cameras since they teleport you back, so you may miss this.

Win 1000 battles

You don't have to hit 1000 in a single playthrough. One playthrough had me fight 500 battles, so this should add up easily.

​Counter 10 times

Use Yashiro's Counter 10 times. It's easy to miss if you don't rely on this move.

​Use Dia-based spells 300 times during battle

Easy to miss if you use other ways to heal. Any Dia viariant will count towards this.

Have 6 of the 7 characters downed and win a battle

Have 6 of the 7 characters downed and the remaining almost downed and win a battle

In the panel area of Illusory Studio there is an enemy that has the Megido skill. That serves as an easy way to kill your party (provided you play without inheriting level from the last playthrough and your party aren't overlevelled). Flee if you think you're dead enough, then go to the earlier dungeons for an easy win.

​Defeat 100 wild enemies

If you have the wild enemy DLC, use that. Otherwise, Yashiro has a skill that attracts both rare and wild enemies. Wilds can kill you easily even when you're at level 99 (they get stronger when you do), so it's advisable to avoid this task until you have all of Eleanora's special skills.

[spoiler=Outfits]Win a battle with all of the main cast wearing lesson clothing

Win a battle with all of the main cast wearing casual clothing

Win a battle with Itsuki, Touma and Yashiro wearing school uniform

Win a battle with Itsuki (Blue Straight / Dark Argyle), Kiria (Black Cat), Mamori (School Life)

Win a battle with Itsuki (Lord Form), any two of Eleanora, Mamori, Yashiro (apron)

Win a battle with Itsuki (Lord Form), Touma (Raiga), Yashiro (Schraube)

Win a battle with Itsuki, Tsubasa and Eleanora wearing school uniform

Win a battle with Itsuki (Lord Form), Tsubasa (Cocktail Dream), Eleanora (Cocktail Dream)

Win a battle with Itsuki (Lord Form), Tsubasa (Seaside Wear), Eleanora (West Ocean)

Seriously, there's no way to tell which combination is valid. I got the casual clothing one without consulting guides, but all of the rest escaped me.

Try to buy a drink with less than 160 yen in hand

By the time you find out there is a play record like this, it may be too late for you. You can't reduce ten million yen to nothing easily.

​Go to the department store roof and move the camera to show the lens flare for 5 seconds

Seriously, who would have done that!?

Have 30 unread messages in Topic

Actually, you can ignore all non-story messages. There is no option for you to reply back anyway.

Stare at Tsubasa, Kiria or Eleanora in as exposing outfit for 3 minutes with no inputs during battle

...Seriously!? (As an aside, this is a completely out of character thing for Istuki to do.)

Note that DLC is not required to obtain all play records. Challenges that involve getting all costumes and visiting all locations do not count the DLC. The costume DLC serve as little more than eye candy (but Fortissimo players get those for free, so ou may as well redeem those), but the grinding DLCs (for levels, weapon levels and shards) will be very helpful for preparng for the secret boss fight (described below).

The most difficult task is obviously the secret boss (one of the extra requests in the second playthrough onwards). He has no weakness unless he has summoned other enemies (at which point the boss's weakness changes), and has a devastating move that gets stronger as the number of rounds, number of times you get KO'd, and the number of times the summoned enemies sacrifice increase. (Oh yes, those enemies can sacrifice themselves for heavy attacks, so you need to take them out first.)

If you want to defeat the secret boss under Lunatic, you have to spend an unholy amount of time to gather Shards, exchange them for stat-raising items, and repeat until you have about 150 in all stats for everyone. My team have stats in the 110 range, and this happened after 1/4 of the boss's HP is depleted.

[spoiler=Boom!]t4cgZri.jpg

(Link to my Miiverse post showing that dramatic moment)

​I haven't tried, but this walkthrough suggests that at my current stats, I should be able to take out this boss at Easy without much hassle. That will have to wait. I am at the end of my 2nd Lunatic playthrough and grinded a long way to get all the arena prizes while hoping to defeat this boss. Looks like I still can't.

This video suggests that the important thing is to get everyone's speed to above 150, and use skills like Randomizer to make the attacks more powerful and make the boss miss more often. ​(Link for users without Niconico account)

And here's what prolonged DLC abuse can do to that boss. (Link for users without Niconico account)

At least this is better than grinding for all parent-child support conversations in FE Fates (which involves beating the paralogues 11 times, or 19 times for the common children).

And one last thing: speaking of Lunatic playthroughs, I strongly suggest that you do this as soon as possible (preferrably the 2nd playthrough), since you can't transfer levels and items when starting a new Lunatic run.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Thanks for the info, this makes planning my play time a bit easier. I just received the shipping confirm from GameStop so I will have my game sometime next week.

Stare at Tsubasa, Kiria or Eleanora in as exposing outfit for 3 minutes with no inputs during battle

...Seriously!? (As an aside, this is a completely out of character thing for Istuki to do.)

I just happened to come by this one in my second play through since I was busy for a moment and got back right when I got it haha.

Some of these play records sound ridiculous though haha.

I currently have 285 at the moment, since there are a few I could probably do, I may get them while I wait for the NA release.

Edited by yokokazuo

Does getting all outfits include the DLCs? Cause that's a lockout (albeit minor) for anybody not purchasing extra content.

No. Play records like getting all outfits and visiting all Idolasphere maps exclude DLC. You'll need the grinding DLC if you want an easy (not too easy) time getting the secret challenge done, though.

Thanks for posting this!

Use Dia 300 times

Easy to miss if you use other ways to heal.

Can you clarify this one a bit, please? Does this have to be literally Dia with no upgrades and/or spells within that same line?

Edited by Bleu Unicorn