If Reclass was taken into consideration for their ending descriptions...

Prince Blueblood

Yeah, I meant that sometimes, especially if we reclass some characters, their respective endings often end up doesn't make sense at all...

I mean, come on, Cord the Sorcerer, wielder of Starlight, slayer of Gharnef, who by all accounts is as strong as or even stronger than Gharnef, have more magic power than Gotoh, capable to wield even the heaviest tomes with ease, will get his retirement as Talys village woodcutter? How about his carreer land him as Court Mage in Talys?

Or will General Castor the armoured Bowman, wielder of Parthia, slayer of Medeus (because Marth cannot even get up close without getting killed), will end up with just enough money to live "in modest live" with his mother? Oh heck, he will land somewhere at lofty position in Arachnea, maybe as archer-general or another high ranked place just because he was the one who land the killing blow on the Dragon King. Or at least get promoted into monetarily secure officer ranks of either Talys or Arachnea, and thus no need to live as swindler later on lol.

Because berserker / general Ogma, swordsmaster Cain, Dracoknight Abel, or even Bishop Jagen the healer didn't have too much changes from their previous lives, but at least Cord the sorcerer should get a mention. :D

@Jotari

Really? Reclassed Elice can wield Falchion as well? OMG, I learned something really new today!

(Abysmal stat aside, it was both make sense (to have Lucina also wield the Falchion) and would make an interesting things, even more interesting than having Minerva lay down her arms and become a healer for her to use the Aum staff...)

Edited by Prince Blueblood

@Jotari

Really? Reclassed Elice can wield Falchion as well? OMG, I learned something really new today!

(Abysmal stat aside, it was both make sense (to have Lucina also wield the Falchion) and would make an interesting things, even more interesting than having Minerva lay down her arms and become a healer for her to use the Aum staff...)

No she can't it was just him joking

@Jotari

I wish she could.

Can she use it ? Lorewise I mean.

...Do you even need a holy blood or something to use Falchion lorewise anyways ?

Well if we're to us the fact that the Falchion in Awakening is the same one, then I'd say no. It seems in Awakening the Falchion selects one user so to speak and no one but that user (and a ghost of Marth because legend hacks) can use it. Chrom can't use Lucina's Falchion and vice versa. Though bear in mind Gharnef did steal and keep his hands on Falchion personally along with Elice and he apparently had plans to use it to overthrow Medeus. I don't know who he planned to use it since he's no sword fighter and neater is Elice but that at least implies someone not named Marth could use it (maybe he uh...playing the long game and planned to make an Anri descendant with Elice) . Unless he could grind it down and make some dragon slaying magic out of it.

my theory about why gharnef steals the falchion is like, that it's because Falchion slays dragons, and Gharnef takes it to give the dragons an easier time guarding the dragon's altar. fe12!marth is trollingly stupid though and doesn't take the falchion with him right from C1. Though a second reason to take the Falchion would be to threaten Medeus so he cooperates and doesn't just attack gharnef and his servants because human. (fun fact: glower 3HKOes him but he OHKOes, so on Reverse Lunatic it would be a matter of who counts as an enemy)

Edited by Gradivus.

It wouldn't be fun if Marth had the ultimate weapon from the get to go. :P

Technically, it is the same, the thing is, it was apparently broken/reforged in-between, so, they could do some kind of blood pact thingy. That and Awakening is kind of a nightmare about it...

It being able to be used by everyone would explain a lot of thing, like why Gharnef would want it, it is a powerful, dragon slaying weapon after all.

Feena, c'mere, I have a gift for you~~

Edited by B.Leu

"Feena, you mustnt do Dancer work because that's bad as hell and 2hkoing Dragons while getting OHKOed is better in every way because you can cap skl and crit them!"

Edited by Gradivus.

To everyone who says that Elice could wield Falchion from the lore perspective:

You people are forgetting that only Anri's male relatives could do so at this point in time.

To everyone who says that Elice could wield Falchion from the lore perspective:

You people are forgetting that only Anri's male relatives could do so at this point in time.

Which is why I provided this as a scary alternative.

Maybe Gharnef was uh...playing the long game and planned to make an Anri descendant with Elice.

Edited by Jotari

Wait, where is it stated that only the male relatives of Anri could equip it ?

Sheesh, if it's true, I'm kind of dumb for not knowing that.

It is in a conversation between Malledus and either Marth or Elice at some point in Shadow Dragon. It was probably Marth and it took place during one of the post battle chapter endings. I think it was chapter nine but don't quote me on that. If it was actually Elice though then it is probably in prologue one or two.

Mind you, the Japanese version of that conversation states that wielding Falchion is "something only Marth can do". Though, if it is either Marth or Elice and only Marth could do it that would pretty much imply the same thing.

Well if we're to us the fact that the Falchion in Awakening is the same one, then I'd say no. It seems in Awakening the Falchion selects one user so to speak and no one but that user (and a ghost of Marth because legend hacks) can use it. Chrom can't use Lucina's Falchion and vice versa. Though bear in mind Gharnef did steal and keep his hands on Falchion personally along with Elice and he apparently had plans to use it to overthrow Medeus. I don't know who he planned to use it since he's no sword fighter and neater is Elice but that at least implies someone not named Marth could use it (maybe he uh...playing the long game and planned to make an Anri descendant with Elice) . Unless he could grind it down and make some dragon slaying magic out of it.

Though it's interesting that in lucina/siblings support convo in its all but stated that Lucina's sibling can use the falchion, so it doesn't seem to latch to one person either