Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

you mean you do your hair in a wind tunnel wear ridiculous clothes and talk in ways that sound slightly off in english? (basically my impression of anime)

yea apparently im american enough to still get wierded out by japan alot... kinda like how the rest of america views the southgee_wiz_emoticon.gif....oh yea... i went there

http://slayez.deviantart.com/ Cant really see the hair, but usually no matter what I do to it...it looks like it's been in the wind. ;/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are astra or other skills that were limited by weapon type/mount or not still limitied. I mean if a mounted unit or a lance user can use astra?

Edit: also can you use astra with magic or ranged attacks?

Edited by Hammerne

Are astra or other skills that were limited by weapon type/mount or not still limitied. I mean if a mounted unit or a lance user can use astra?

Edit: also can you use astra with magic or ranged attacks?

Astra works with anything, as far as I can see. I've had Loran trigger it with Arcfire fighting as a Dark Knight, and I've had Noire trigger it as a Sniper. I haven't tried it with a Manakete or Taguel, but I assume it's just as usable there.

Ishtar has it, so I think you can. Also, [Othin] is Weapon Saver usable with tomes?

Weapon Saver indeed works with tomes. Having Tiamo strike enemies 12 times with Elfire and with ~25 Luck, she burned through 6 uses. From what I hear, though, it doesn't work with staffs, which makes sense: infinite Fortify or Hammerne would be ridiculous. I don't know if it works with Dragonstones or Beaststones, though.

Speaking of the stone weapons, I saw an enemy activate Holy Shield against a Manakete's attack. I assume Great Shield similarly works against Taguel attacks.

anyone else finding it funny how we're breeding kids like Pokemon in this game

sadly, there is no competitive play

if there was, man would this be even funnier XD

Hahahaha. "Mark uses Rainbow Cry"

Man, I sooo want this game now. I want Mark and Lucina to be siblings, so My Unit and Krom will be superglued to each other. Also, Can you change Mark's Name?

MU is a casanova.

He's all like. "Hey Krom I know we've been buddies for a while right. I kinda banged your daughter from the future and got her kid to come over too. Meet Mark your granddaughter."

Woah. That is a whole shades of wrong. LUCINA WASN'T EVEN BORN THEN (Ok, exaggerating, but whatever) AND MY UNIT HAS ALREADY MARRIED HER AND HAD A KID!!!!

Anyway. Does anyone here know what class Ephraim is?

So it turns out the SpotPass characters sell one copy of each weapon their team uses. They only have one of each, but once you buy that one and they disappear, you can just summon them again and buy it again. So it's actually really easy to buy as many Tomahawks or Slime spells or other stuff as you want.

Only works with weapons that actually have a price, though. You can't buy Holsety from Sigurd or Excalibur from Merric or anything like that.

With this combined with the newly announced 4-star monster DLC giving copies of ultimate weapons in exchange for a tough battle, it seems like just about everything is getting to be infinite, which is nice as something to not have to worry about, at least in postgame stuff. What you can't get in unlimited quantities is Boots. You can get one in a Ch17 chest and one for getting a lot of Fame, but no others. I suspect they'll show up as a price for the 5-star monster DLC.

Edited by Othin

Boots?

Stat booster that adds +2 Move. There's usually one in each FE game, but FE8 allowed you to randomly get more in Lagdou Ruins. People eventually found a way to manipulate the RNG so the first floor would have the enemy set containing it every time, to get them in unlimited quantities and max out every character's Move. As another game with a world map for unlimited play, and with unlimited quantities of other items, even so much as unlimited ultimate weapons which FE8 lacked, it makes sense that FE13 might have unlimited Boots as well.

On a largely unrelated note, I just had an idea for an FE8 draft where you turn around after Ch19, say "fuck saving the world", and head right into Lagdou Ruins with the goal of completing it rather than completing the actual story. Anyone know if this has been done before?

Edited by Othin

Are the last floors of the ruins unlocked by that point? They seem to be slowly unlocked while you advance through the story.

The ruins also had the unlockable extra characters who could only be gotten in the post-game.

Edited by NeonZ

I know the tower is like that, but it's all the way unlocked by that point. Don't know of any indication of the ruins being the same way, with only two chapters left in the game when it's unlocked.

I don't think the extra characters are too big of a concern.

o.o... well helLOOO slayeZ!wink.gif on second thought that look is good for yagee_wiz_emoticon.gif

facebook me wink.gif

Skippin the foreplay I see..

On-Topic related: So is there any worthwhile postgame content aside from DLC?

Skippin the foreplay I see..

On-Topic related: So is there any worthwhile postgame content aside from DLC?

Mostly SpotPass: the full SpotPass sidequests and many of the enemy SpotPass teams are designed for postgame levels. Also plenty of skirmishes, which you can use for all sorts of things, like building supports, which can in turn unlock regular sidequests you missed during the main story to get any remaining children characters; that was one of my first postgame goals. I'm also planning on ultimately going for 100% Support Library completion, but that's many playthroughs away.

Any special things in second playthrough and up? :D

Not really, other than Fame and bonus unit lists from past playthroughs, which you can use to hire characters if you have a lot of gold.

There is the difficulty levels. You can access Normal, Hard, and Lunatic from the start, but I strongly recommend playing them in order just because of the large difficulty increase with each successive one. Completing Lunatic unlocks Lunatic+, which seems to just randomly distribute a certain list of immensely powerful enemy-specific skills and player skills among enemies to build on top of the existing Lunatic mode, which was crazily difficult already.

So wait, if you get max fame in a playthrough, and then complete it, then start a new one, you can instantly get the Ultimate Emblem for instant max cash? Also, how would fame bonuses affect drafts, would they just simply be banned?

So wait, if you get max fame in a playthrough, and then complete it, then start a new one, you can instantly get the Ultimate Emblem for instant max cash? Also, how would fame bonuses affect drafts, would they just simply be banned?

I'm not sure about how that works. I have 600 Fame in my earlygame Lunatic run, and I'm certain I had more than that on my Normal run at the time. I guess how to treat the bonuses really depends on how the transfer works and what you can get out of it, neither of which is certain.

This all said, there's a lot you can abuse with the wireless aspects, which Fame is counted as part of, although I'm not sure why. I've never been big on drafts, but I do think the best thing is probably to avoid it altogether along with other world map stuff: in any competitive context, the only world map use should be buying any desired items from the shop in the chapter you just completed, then proceeding immediately to the next chapter or sidequest.

Edited by Othin

What kind of ultimate weapons have you seen dropping from the 4-star monster DLC?

I haven't tried it yet, but I'd like to try it if I get nice weapons.

The 4-star monster DLC is not yet available; it was announced last Thursday for release this coming Thursday. I plan to buy it immediately and take a look when it does come out, though.

There's a screenshot of getting Mercurius there. Don't know about others, but I assume it's strictly limited to items that are already available in some form.

Hey Othin, do you mind if I ask what skill the Purple flame symbolizes? I've noticed most of the enemies in Ephraim's DLC have it.

Vengeance. The actual number is 11 of the 30, but it feels like more.