Politics Mafia - Game Over

BBM

Are you tired of all those boring balanced games? Looking for a game with fun and action? Or maybe you just want to shoot somebody?

Well then, welcome to Politics Mafia, designed to teach you all exactly how the political systems of Democracy and Anarchy work in real life... really.

General Rules:

0. Every night phase, each player must vote in their Role PM as to whether they want the next day phase to be a Democracy phase or an Anarchy phase. Whichever political system has more votes wins. Each night phase will be roughly 24 hours.

1. This game is NOC. This means that talking must be done inside of the game thread, unless you are told otherwise.
2. If you are dead, please do not speak about the game to anyone living.
3. Don't screenshot or edit your posts.

4. This game begins on D1, as a Democracy phase, so have fun. Night-talking is not allowed.
5. Punishment for breaking the rules will range from nothing to modkills. If you feel that the risk of punishment is worth it, go for it, but be warned that things will probably not turn out the way you want it to.
6. If you have been modkilled, depending on the reason behind it, your win condition will change to "You win by being the last one alive".
7. Tactical modkills, or even modkill threats, will end badly. I suggest you not try them.
8. The only players that can affect the game are on the player list. Talking to people not playing in this game is highly discouraged, especially those on the sub list.
9. You may be an informed observer upon death. If you choose to do this, don't spoil the game for anybody who's not.

10. There are 14 players, 11 of whom are aligned with the Town, and 3 of whom are aligned with the Mafia.

11. If there is a tie for a political system vote, the system will stay the same as that of the previous day rather than changing.

Democracy Rules:

1. Each day phase will be roughly 72 hours. I'll post phase end times in both GMT and EST. Unless I say something BEFORE PHASE END, the phase will end at the scheduled time, whether I am present or not. Phases may end early if a majority is reached during the day.
2. A vote counts as ##Vote: USER. If you want to change your vote, you must ##Unvote first. The hashtags are most important, and keep votes outside of spoiler tags or anything else that might prevent me from finding them through ctrl+f.
3. It takes at least ⅓ of all living players (rounded up) voting someone to achieve a lynch at phase end. If this number is not achieved, the game will end in a universal loss. If at any point during the phase more than ½ of all living players are voting someone, the phase will end instantly with that person’s lynch. If this happens, stop talking. No Lynch is a valid lynch option.
4. In the case of a lynch tie, there will be no lynch.
5. If you go for 24 hours without posting, you receive a prod. If you go for more than 72 hours without any posting or receive three prods, you will be either auto-subbed out or heavily reprimanded in postgame if I can’t get a sub.

Anarchy Rules:

1. At the beginning of each day phase, every player will receive one gun and one bulletproof vest, each with one use. If unused, these items carry forward to future Anarchy phases, but not to Democracy phases or night phases.
2. Each day phase will be roughly 24 hours. I'll post phase end times in both GMT and EST. Unless I say something BEFORE PHASE END, the phase will end at the scheduled time, whether I am present or not. Phases may end early if everybody sends in their kills early.
3. The mafia cannot perform a nightkill on night phases immediately after Anarchy phases.

4. All actions resolve simultaneously at the end of the phase.

5. Speaking in the thread is not allowed.

Every player has the following role PM:

Dear USER,

You are a Random Citizen. You have no abilities except your word, vote, and the ability to choose the political system of your country each night. Choose wisely...

You are aligned with ALIGNMENT. You win when all threats to ALIGNMENT are dead.

Players:

IOs:

1. Shockmaster

2. Kinumi

3. Junko

Edited by BBM

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW i thought kim and shockmaster actually joined for a second... otherwise i would have TOTALLY been up for this ):

actually who am i kidding /in

prepare for drunkposts. warning you in advance :3c

is Anarchy OC or just NO TALKING ALLOWED

Neither, I think? NOC is stated in the general rules, not Democracy mode rules. The difference I see in Anarchy is that everyone gets one Gun and one BPV per Anarchy phase and the Day is cut down to 24 hours.

Edit: Wrong.

Edited by Makaze

I stand corrected. Anarchy Rule #5 prohibits users from talking in the thread.

In that case I echo Paper... Is Anarchy phase OC, or is it just night isolated actions and that's all?

guys this is literally supposed to be an unserious filler game are we rly arguing over whether oc should be in it

Edited by Quote