Dawn of the First Empire Strikes Black and White Solid V: The Phantom Chrono Trek Into Friday on Elm Street Fantasy VII: Future Past With A Vengeance

riariadne

Blitz can you explain what you mean by "playing as I do in EIMM"?

Because most of the motivations in EIMM that I play with are generally not the same as I play with as mafia. There's like one, but I'm curious to see if it matches up with what you were picking up on (or thought you were, I still think that's a silly reason :salt:).

also Proto did a really good job of convincing me at least that he wasn't anything like cop. don't really have much to say elsewhere.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blitz can you explain what you mean by "playing as I do in EIMM"?

Because most of the motivations in EIMM that I play with are generally not the same as I play with as mafia. There's like one, but I'm curious to see if it matches up with what you were picking up on (or thought you were, I still think that's a silly reason :salt:).

also Proto did a really good job of convincing me at least that he wasn't anything like cop. don't really have much to say elsewhere.

well, IMO, in eimm, you have info and your playstyle is to try your best to hide it. I would say your method of hiding info is to use jokes to side track the convo or remove it from a place where outing info could be necessary. It also felt like you were trusting me as town for no real reason (unlike what you did in Encounter) while you give off the impression you trust the person you are talking to in eimm as well (These are obviously just my thoughts and they can be wrong)

now, I am curious also, what is it that one?

lol, Proto was hilarious

Day one frustrated me greatly. I maintain that blitz and elieson were getting really agressive on me. In eliesons case I was fairly sure he was taking out other frustration or anger out on me, in blitz' case I really am not sure why he did it. In any case, it really pissed me off. I later told blitz I wasn't going to talk to him again because of this. Otherwise, me and elieson ignored each other after day one.

As for my scum reads, I think they were decently on point. The only person I suspected who I shouldn't have was green poet, and after I figured out my night 4 action cleared him as town, I rectified this. I suspected blitz and elieson because they were making anti town plays, I made the assumption they had the same alignment. So my suspicions of blitz vanished after elieson flipped.

As for my scum suspicions, I thought gaius/bbm was scum on D1 and while I thought his attack on crysta was suspect, I later ignored this thinking attacking flipped scum couldn't be scummy; this was wrong.

I thought snike was a bit scummy, I willingly sheeped euklyd at first but his defence made him scummy. I had no idea paper would flip scum; he apparently talked people out of my lynch on D1 and I thought this was an inherently town move. I also didn't have any suspicion to crysta, but I sheeped her. Finally there's scorri. She was the main SK suspect, but considering I targeted her and had lived, I started having doubts about it when I figured GP was cleared town.

Day one frustrated me greatly. I maintain that blitz and elieson were getting really agressive on me. In eliesons case I was fairly sure he was taking out other frustration or anger out on me, in blitz' case I really am not sure why he did it. In any case, it really pissed me off. I later told blitz I wasn't going to talk to him again because of this. Otherwise, me and elieson ignored each other after day one.

As for my scum reads, I think they were decently on point. The only person I suspected who I shouldn't have was green poet, and after I figured out my night 4 action cleared him as town, I rectified this. I suspected blitz and elieson because they were making anti town plays, I made the assumption they had the same alignment. So my suspicions of blitz vanished after elieson flipped.

but you still ignored me after that..................................

I didn't ignore you, I had no reason to talk to you.

doesn't change the fact that I needed to talk to you cause I thought you were scum for asking one of my scumbuddies (Proto) really weird questions (like, why are you self voting, when he had answered the question in that same post and why are you voting Euklyd, when he wasn't even voting Euklyd, not to mention SB had said in thread that he wanted everyone to follow suit)

well, IMO, in eimm, you have info and your playstyle is to try your best to hide it. I would say your method of hiding info is to use jokes to side track the convo or remove it from a place where outing info could be necessary. It also felt like you were trusting me as town for no real reason (unlike what you did in Encounter) while you give off the impression you trust the person you are talking to in eimm as well (These are obviously just my thoughts and they can be wrong)

now, I am curious also, what is it that one?

lol, Proto was hilarious

the only one I can think of is really like

in EIMM I know what my wincon is, and I know what your wincon is, so I know how to act in ways that will benefit us both

if I'm town I don't know your wincon, so I don't know how I can trust you to act, but if I'm scum I know you're town, and so I can trust you, and I may have been treating that similarly to EIMM.

(however the other similarity is that I just have a lot more fun with EIMM and OC both, and that would be reflected in how I play)

as far as jokes go I'd make those in other games as well! I hope! they weren't really intended to sidetrack things I was just having fun

I'll reiterate; I had nothing to talk to you about.

As for between me and proto, I've been having problems with my memory and it was a thing for the entirety of the game. Not sure why this or the fact I tried using specific questions instead of general vague ones like is usual would in any way be a scum read.

in blitz' case I really am not sure why he did it.

blitz.txt

I suspected blitz and elieson because they were making anti town plays, I made the assumption they had the same alignment. So my suspicions of blitz vanished after elieson flipped.

This is dangerous thinking that can lead to giving scum a pass for no reason, players take similar actions all the time without being the same alignment. ofc Blitz was town here and I wasn't actually reading the game (how do you even spectate OC), but I read like two posts from postgame and just thought I'd say.

I also think scum players actually pressuring the same player in tandem to cause a meltdown is pretty rare, but this isn't to say it can't happen. Two people voting the same target on its own just isn't indicative of them being scum together, unless they were doing it to a townie to save flipped scum (but that's linked to the flipped scum, not the two players).

Edited by Prims

"Proto was the biggest troll all game"

Hey, c'mon, I was serious when I said that I didn't bother saving most of the conversations! I honestly didn't save them!

Also, Euklyd, vengeance is really sweet~

Hey, c'mon, I was serious when I said that I didn't bother saving most of the conversations! I honestly didn't save them!

I should uninstall my IRC client before every game as policy

that being said proto why do you always use mibbit and not like, hexchat or whatever the good windows clients are

fun fact I googled "best windows irc client" and the first result was some reddit thread that contained the exchange "this is the third result on google for 'best irc client'", "second now for best free irc", and "It can be first if we all do our part."

the internet is a wonderful place

I should uninstall my IRC client before every game as policy

that being said proto why do you always use mibbit and not like, hexchat or whatever the good windows clients are

fun fact I googled "best windows irc client" and the first result was some reddit thread that contained the exchange "this is the third result on google for 'best irc client'", "second now for best free irc", and "It can be first if we all do our part."

the internet is a wonderful place

..................I use HexChat, Euklyd

I only use Mibbit in super-rare moments where I'm not on my laptop.

Does HexChat auto-save logs?

..................I use HexChat, Euklyd

I only use Mibbit in super-rare moments where I'm not on my laptop.

Does HexChat auto-save logs?

...does it not? should be stored at %APPDATA%\HexChat\logs, apparently