Dragon Ball Z Mafia Sign-Ups: Game Over

8-bit

Hello! My name is 8-bit, also known as Bitto. Some of you may know me from the CARA Forum. I've played with a couple of SF people before and I feel very comfortable extending an invitation to you all.

I wanted to let you know about the next mafia game I'm hosting called DBZ Mafia. You could find all the information on this page. That page gives a lot of rules regarding the game, including the special mechanics in DBZ Mafia (like the Dragon Balls) and the general Mafia rules.

The reason I'm extending an invitation is for a couple of reasons. First, for practicality's sake. 20 players is a lot for the CARA. Obviously, I'm going to have to recruit more than just that forum. Secondly, I would like this to be a nice bridge between the two forums. There has usually been some form of a partnership between the two forums, but it's kinda shaky. I saw Choral Mafia as a nice partnership of a lot of different forums and I wanted to emulate that feeling.

This game will be played on a separate Zetaboard. Kinda like Choral Mafia. So don't feel like you need a CARA account in order to play. Also, don't feel like I will favor CARA players over you. In the end, I just want active, respectful Mafia players who follow the rules. Doesn't matter where they come from to me.

GAME REACHED 20 SIGN-UPS ALREADY. IF YOU SIGN IN NOW, YOU'LL ONLY BE A REPLACEMENT.

Sign-ups:

1. Kirsche Rush

2. Super Gaius Kamekaze Attack

3. Shining Rapier Attack

4. DesCrysta Disc

5. Baldricking Attack

6. Smogoome Ultra Fighting Bomber

7. Chou Mancerkouhou

8. Refather-Son Kamehameha

9. SilverHell's Flash

There are currently 11 users signed up on the CARA. That said, I would be okay if more than 20 people signed up combined. It means more options for me...as well as giving me reserves for replacements. And, as always, if you have any questions, please let me know!

Edited by 8-bit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in playing Mafia again, but it depends on how many posts per phase we usually have on CARAS. Could you tell me how many pages to expect per phase?

I usually become uninterested in games with more than 10 pages per day phase, that's why.

Edited by Rapier

You should be expecting...roughly 100-200 posts per day phase. I don't know how discussion-heavy the games are here, but I feel like CARA games tend to be fairly slow-paced.

> active

Yeah!

> respectful

I'll do my best.

Saiy/in

Balrick Gun is already taken :(

Wait I already named myself after the best DBZ technique a couple of years ago.

Edited by Baldrick

/in if you don't mind spotty activity from the 12th to the 20th (crappy cruise internet OP). Maybe now I'll finally watch DBZ.

Edited by Refa

Maybe now I'll finally watch DBZ.

Just watch the TFS abridged series if you want to get the gist of it down in like a few hours (as opposed to weeks). It's a pretty good parody and written by obvious fans.

can confirm TFS's DBZ Abridged is the best

definitely my favorite Abridged Series

even better with actual knowledge of the source material but it's not required by any means

Yeah, one more needed for a full game (perfect 10/10 split between CARA and SF, too. Neat!). Though, of course, I'm okay with more sign-ups for potential replacements.

EDIT: We hit 20 sign-ups! Roles will be handed out around Friday, most likely.

Edited by 8-bit

Hello! I am gonna officially close sign-ups. If you want to sign-up for replacement, let me know through this topic or PM or something, but the player list will be as it is.

I have a separate game board ready, but I'm still having issues with the voting bot. I really want that bot to be pretty ready to go when we start the game, so I'll send you all the link later. Thus, I'm gonna send you role PMs on both CARA and SF respectively, because I don't want this to wait any longer. Confirm by PMing me back or letting me know somehow that you know what your role is.

Once I get the board running, I'll send the same role PMs there so you don't have to jump back and forth from your respective forum and the game board. I'll also handle night actions on the game board. Sorry about this issue!

So, I let it slide this time since the timing happened to be acceptable, but in the future sign-ups randomly popping up will not be tolerated. We are obviously not opposed to cross-site games, but kindly let us know about them in advance instead of opening a thread out of the blue. A lot of people want to host their games and have decent activity levels and our player base is not infinitely large.

I'm sorry. I totally understand and I'll let me or anyone else who will do cross-over games know in the future. Thanks for letting it slide.

Players, here is the Mafia board:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/DBZ_Mafia/index/

Since this is NOT an anon game, sign up with whatever you're comfortable with and just let me know who you are. You have to get admin-approved, but I should be on constantly throughout the day.