Rhythm Tengoku Mafia: The Best + (Game Over)

Prims

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay let's be honest here, we all know who the scum is, I hardly think we need drag the day out, let's just quickhammer the obvscum and be done with it.

##Vote: Kaoz

You would know who your scum buddies are, but I fear you may want to double check since I'm not one of them.

##Vote: Haze

This is the only logical conclusion.

So, in accordance with Prims' notes, every one of you gets 20 posts for D1, Manix and Levity get 25 each, use them wisely. Badly written/formatted wall posts are prohibited. That is all.

Snike will make at least 5 wallposts on D1.

Yeah no fuck that.

Anyways, Shin, since you can't self-vote, let me help you get the closest thing to it.

##Vote: Shin

@Blitz: It's more of I've only started 1 game so far since my hiatus, and it ended up in getting rolled d1.

@Prims: Is flavor-hunting even remotely relevant in this setup?

Thanks, Snike. I really appreciate your help. You're like confirmed town! Now here's a comprehensive case on why I believe Refa is scum.

It's commonly known that Refa rolls scum 50% of the time, 100% of the time. That adds up to 150%, meaning that not only is Refa confirmed scum but that there is a 50% chance that he is his own scumbuddy. Whilst lynching one member of the scumteam would be passable, I think I'm willing to take the risk in order to lynch two of them.

As we can see from his predictions, Refa thinks he will be town MVP. Whilst I cannot dispute the fact that this is true, the fact that he hasn't made ten votes yet rather worrying. Surely town!Refa would have made at least five of his ten within the first couple of hours of posting. This clearly is a scumtell and should be used to discriminate against Refa regardless of whatever content he provides next. I also dispute how amusing how Via's typo will be. I personally think it will be side-splitting rather than hilarious. This is a powerful sign that Refa wants to mislead us and watch somebody's sides split as town - because scum are always looking to split people's sides.

He's looking to incriminate Snike by implying that he will do blank. Everyone knows that blanking is a classic move done by scum, which makes it very easy material for Refa to use against Snike. I believe that Snike has used multiple blank spaces in his post already, but this is his posting style rather than a scum tell. Also Refa ate the last of the cereal I like and I had to have the other one which I still like but not as much so it's not the point.

Unfortunately it is still not my Dolmio day, and I want to feel guilt free when Refa gets RVS turbo'd and my flawless theory is revealed to just be one massive flaw.

i was trying to sleep, but this headache isn't going.

that's a lot of non-words. not to mention you didn't even do anything with them, so it's like "???"

and why be concerned about an rvs turbo? refa has 3/4 votes on him (can't be bothered verifying rn) and isn't remotely near L-1.

i am fully aware that shin always does something silly to get as out of rvs, but it's not alignment indicative.

secondary target on elie as well. i made a note about his post tone (that i didn't like) but also does that thing where he non-words about refa and votes elsewhere. timing however is relevant and it's a less strong point anyway.

(besides, scum!elie is super easy to figure out. we know this by now, etc etc)

Hey, scum!elie isn't exactly the only player that is obvious scum etc etc.

Still though, it's good you got us out of RVS fast, but singling out Shin and Elie in RVS feels lazy to me. Both are players that easily gets wagoned due to RVS shenanigans, and what they've posted so far is null. Especially Elie, I really don't see how his post is any different than everyone else who just posted a random quip and a vote. Both are also pretty safe D1 lynches in that whenever they get mislynched D1, the consensus is ususally that everyone messed up instead of blaming the players who pushed the lynches.

You also admit yourself that Shin does silly things in RVS and that it's not alignment indicative, so why do you find his jokepost scummy?

##Vote: Manix

that's a lot of non-words. not to mention you didn't even do anything with them, so it's like "???"

and why be concerned about an rvs turbo? refa has 3/4 votes on him (can't be bothered verifying rn) and isn't remotely near L-1.

i am fully aware that shin always does something silly to get as out of rvs, but it's not alignment indicative.

Truth be told, I'm not terribly upset with this vote, I agree entirely it's the first weird thing that sticks out in the game. Still, I'd like to know, is the vote because it's scummy or because it's the least not-scummy thing that's turned up? I'm not particularly concerned about a turbo, I don't have so little faith in the SF meta game (other than lynch doctors, that doesn't bode well for my future career) as to believe that an RVS turbo can happen!

The Eli post about Refa is a joke, but Manix's comments might be some clever secondary joke that I'm not funny enough to see. j00's vote on Manix might be a little heavy handed, but again, it's so early in the game that I think it's pretty fair to go for what you see.

this headache can go and stay go tbh. i lay down, and the headache gets worse, sit at computer, it goes away. logic???

You also admit yourself that Shin does silly things in RVS and that it's not alignment indicative, so why do you find his jokepost scummy?

i feel like you skimmed over the main point.

Both are players that easily gets wagoned due to RVS shenanigans,

you're not wrong. saying that, it at least does something while nothing was happening. something > nothing

Especially Elie, I really don't see how his post is any different than everyone else who just posted a random quip and a vote.

i made a note about his post tone (that i didn't like)

further elaboration: made that note to myself. i didn't want to push it at that time (a bit after my first post) because i wanted a few more people to post first. #gutreads

i also noted that the timing of the non-words quip made it a less strong point

timing however is relevant and it's a less strong point anyway.

Both are also pretty safe D1 lynches in that whenever they get mislynched D1, the consensus is ususally that everyone messed up instead of blaming the players who pushed the lynches.

seems a bit early to be noting that they're safe lynches, particularly considering 1) we're barely out of rvs and 2) shin has two votes, elie has zero. why is this point relevant?

@bold: that's also a problem of the playerbase, call it out all you want but if people don't do anything about it then :shrug:

i got cut.

Still, I'd like to know, is the vote because it's scummy or because it's the least not-scummy thing that's turned up?

the latter, mostly because i was starting to get tired of Nothing Happening In RVS

I'm not particularly concerned about a turbo, I don't have so little faith in the SF meta game (other than lynch doctors, that doesn't bode well for my future career) as to believe that an RVS turbo can happen!

then why not just go with the vote then? stacking more votes in the same place in RVS can probably illicit better reactions then spreading them out.

if i get cut again i'm not responding until i wake up, i really kinda try and sleep again.

secondary target on elie as well. i made a note about his post tone (that i didn't like) but also does that thing where he non-words about refa and votes elsewhere. timing however is relevant and it's a less strong point anyway.

(besides, scum!elie is super easy to figure out. we know this by now, etc etc)

I'm always concerned about RVS turbos ever since....fayz.....

Why are you posting reasons to not vote for Shin? I don't even see why it's necessary

Hey, scum!elie isn't exactly the only player that is obvious scum etc etc.

Still though, it's good you got us out of RVS fast, but singling out Shin and Elie in RVS feels lazy to me. Both are players that easily gets wagoned due to RVS shenanigans, and what they've posted so far is null. Especially Elie, I really don't see how his post is any different than everyone else who just posted a random quip and a vote. Both are also pretty safe D1 lynches in that whenever they get mislynched D1, the consensus is ususally that everyone messed up instead of blaming the players who pushed the lynches.

##Vote: Manix

the truth stings

I'd rather let Manix clarify rather than say "you missed my point" and leave it at that (something that drives me NUTS about mafia players like eclipse and paperblade srynotsry), but I think I understand where he's coming from with his Shin vote. I disagree with it, especially how he did it, but I see the motivation

The Eli post about Refa is a joke, but Manix's comments might be some clever secondary joke that I'm not funny enough to see. j00's vote on Manix might be a little heavy handed, but again, it's so early in the game that I think it's pretty fair to go for what you see.

Just checking, is early game tryhard Manix is a thing now? Seems like a bit of a stretch given that he posted a perfectly good reason not to vote for the person he's voting for, in his vote post.

##Unvote

##Vote Manix

then why not just go with the vote then? stacking more votes in the same place in RVS can probably illicit better reactions then spreading them out.

if i get cut again i'm not responding until i wake up, i really kinda try and sleep again.

No problem, we won't cu-... fudge. Sweet dreams? Admittedly, voting Refa could have been more productive, it's not as if what I did hasn't achieved what I was hoping.

Eli's vote has some logic to it, but I still feel that Manix voted because he wanted to get out of RVS and because it's what stood out in his eyes. I do admit Manix's justification is a bit weird, but there's something about Eli's post that seems slightly off.

##Unvote

##Vote: Eli

This is less "OMG Eli is scum!" and more "This is what's taken my attention most so far, and a lolvote on Dormio isn't as funny as it was a couple of hours ago." Eli's going in a little bit strong for my liking, moreso than j00.

For the record, I've only been mislynched on D1 twice! Although I've lost every time I made it to endgame, clearly a sign to get rid of me.

hi I am here

fwiw I didn't see what Manix said (Shin doing silly things to get out of rvs is null) contradicting with his vote the way people say it is and from what I remember earlygame tryhard Manix is usually town. As for the contradiction thing, I think he read Shin's post as serious and then clarified that he knows Shin always does silly stuff (as he probably expected people would comment on that) and that, rather, he was commenting on something else entirely. TL;DR I don't think Manix fully realized Shin's post was a jokepost lol

Seeing that he went for Shin pretty much immediately gives me a good feeling too--even though his first post was nullish, his posts following j00's vote on him are better (although I'd like to see him explain what he thinks of Elie once we have more content from him). Again Manix is really apathetic as scum although sometimes it doesn't show until later in the game but shrug.

j00, why do you think what Elie and Shin posted are both null? I also don't really see the argument that Shin and Elie get wagoned easily as being relevant and even for ED1 it feels like grasping.

##Vote: j00

I thought Elie kinda contradicted himself at first ("I get where Manix is going with the Shin vote" [VOTES MANIX ANYWAY]) but then I realized he's voting Manix for an entirely different reason and I like his one content post tbh.

ninja'd lol

Shin, why are you worried about clarifying your vote on Elie like that?

I figured it would be best to make it clear, it's not a particularly strong conviction but I'd like people to understand where I'm coming from.

THE REFA WAGON IS DEAD BROKEN APART BY ITS OWN INEPTITUDE BWAHAHAHAHAHA...Oh right, the post.

Shin, that jokepost was amazing. That is all.

Don't like j00's vote on Manix. Okay, Shin and Elieson are easily wagoned (I'd argue that Elieson isn't considering he wallposts in defense as town, but that's neither here nor there), but that doesn't change the fact that statistically they have the same chance of rolling scum as anyone else. Additionally, while both are easy D1 lynches (previously mentioned argument intact), it's a pretty big leap in logic to assume that's what Manix is doing with his ED1 vote of all things. FTR, I do agree with your null reads on both of them, and Manix's Shin vote confuses me as well. What I don't like is how you're making his vote (and his Elie case, I suppose) to be more opportunistic then they actually are (like, this sort of case would only make sense to me if you were actually townreading Shin/Elieson).

(I'm already voting j00 before anyone is like "Refa, why did you case j00 but not vote her")

Elie, I'm not really sure why you're voting for Manix. Explain? Like I thought you were contradicting yourself too, but Bizz said that you weren't, so I feel like I'm missing something here.

Omit the Manix's Shin vote confused me as well part. Previously I had a paragraph questioning him about it, but then he explained his reasoning in one of his replies to Shin and I deleted said paragraph but forgot to do so elsewhere lol).

I voted for Manix because:

• He voted for Shin, despite giving a fine reason to not vote for Shin
  • I disagree with his idea that Shin is worthy of a vote due to Shin's efforted {spoiler} thing

Votals 1.2

Haze (2) - Dormio, Kaoz

Manix (2) - j00, Elieson

j00 (2) - Refa, Via

Shin (2) - Snike, Manix

Elieson (1) - Shin

Kaoz (1) - Haze

Refa (1) - Paperblade

Snike (1) - Blitz

Not Voting (1): Iris

You have 49 hours left in the phase. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

@Prims: Is flavor-hunting even remotely relevant in this setup?

nope not at all

Via, aren't you also saying Shin was null? I can get your point about my vote on Manix seeming opportunistic due to me saying they're easy early wagons, but from your post I get the impression Shin and Elie were pretty null to you too, why do I have to explain my null read? Basically I didn't get much of an expression of the one Elie post and the two Shin posts in RVS.

I don't like Elie's reaction to Manix though, tryhard Manix this early in the game is a point in his favor since he's moving the game along. Even if I thought his reason to vote Shin was weak, I feel like Elie is trying to present Manix as waffling and basing a vote on that.

(Manix's posts are good, I disagree with the first one but in general he's pushing the game along)

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

I feel like Elie is trying to present Manix as waffling and basing a vote on that.

(Manix's posts are good, I disagree with the first one but in general he's pushing the game along)

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

This is about half of what I think; I'm not trying to hide it

Are you voting Manix because you find his reason to vote Shin bad, or because you think he waffles on his Shin vote?
You're not really explaining your problem with him other than waffling, the only line I can interpret as "reasons to not vote Shin" is

and I still wouldn't call that waffling.

of what you quoted, it essentially has Manix saying "Shin's doing stuff. It's not scummy"

then votes for Shin