Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

maybe the familiar would move to the player on player phase, and protect on NPC phase.

... But... what?

How could you command the familiar to move during both player and NPC phases?

:O

So... for example on the event-side.. would it be anything like

-- 'if (summoner unit) deployed' (like how the vanilla game has the post-recruit-chapter convos)

-- place (familiar unit) at [location specific to given map], under ally control?

(end of map)

--if (familiar unit) is on the map/rescued, (familiar unit) gains a level

?:

The logistics of this are important to figure out because of how the player would use it.

For example, as a player, I would call the above absolute garbage and would rather have the familiar deployed as my own unit. d=

Which solves the problem of needing an AI for it in the first place, right? :/

That's just event assembler + adding the familiar as a separate unit; right?

Not sure how event assembler works, I haven't dabbled in it yet ;_;

Edited by Eliwan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad you jumped in for input, Eli! Answers in bold

... But... what?

How could you command the familiar to move during both player and NPC phases?

:O
MOVENEXTTO (unit) at the end of player phase so it would always be at the master's side, and on NPC phase, it would attack enemies adjacent to the 'master'

So... for example on the event-side.. would it be anything like

-- 'if (summoner unit) deployed' (like how the vanilla game has the post-recruit-chapter convos)
-- place (familiar unit) at [location specific to given map], under ally control?

(end of map)
--if (familiar unit) is on the map/rescued, (familiar unit) gains a level

?:

The logistics of this are important to figure out because of how the player would use it.

For example, as a player, I would call the above absolute garbage and would rather have the familiar deployed as my own unit. d=

Having them as allies would be lame, it defeats the purpose lol.

Which solves the problem of needing an AI for it in the first place, right? :/

That's just event assembler + adding the familiar as a separate unit; right?

Not sure how event assembler works, I haven't dabbled in it yet ;_;

I know the idea seems really complicated and would def need some asm. So if I can't get it to work properly and logically, then it wouldn't be worth it

It's 1-8, one for every tile that forms a box around the shaman/cleric. Can't spawn a dummy unit on a tile that a character currently occupies, though.

I dunno, I have 12 summoned soldiers here... bv2mOlX.jpg .-.

(Also, wow, Miiverse screenshots for FE2 look kinda bleh)

SO! just played, enjoying the story so far

Promotions

- is Dewey gonna get grow'd up, and if so, gonna give him a 2nd portrait to use ?

Riddles

- 'cool place' wasn't exactly where i expected, could be made more obvious

- 'taller than trees' ^^^

- 'up and over' couldn't find it (got tired of looking) could be made more obvious

- i like riddles, i'd like to see more, but we could use a hint or 2

also, the force of all the shining music is really envoking nostalgia

Kind of off topic, but the top poll says "whose your favorite character" when it should be "who's" or "who is."

hey

SO! just played, enjoying the story so far

Promotions

- is Dewey gonna get grow'd up, and if so, gonna give him a 2nd portrait to use ?

Riddles

- 'cool place' wasn't exactly where i expected, could be made more obvious

- 'taller than trees' ^^^

- 'up and over' couldn't find it (got tired of looking) could be made more obvious

- i like riddles, i'd like to see more, but we could use a hint or 2

also, the force of all the shining music is really envoking nostalgia

thanks buddy, the music tracks, inserted by Sqawl, are now all updated. So expect better quality in the music!

Pic of the Day (Class Spoiler).

l87q7EW.png - Camps!

I'm trying to implement another mechanic in the hack. Camps are basically just destructible fortresses. So enemies will spawn from here, until you destroy the camp. Then no more enemies!

I was thinking later, legit fortresses. Where after you destroy it, the fortress turns green and you essentially gain territory and NPC allies spawn in a massive fite.

Thoughts?

Edited by GhastStation

Well the fortress taking over thing was implemented in EN, so it's an option I'd say would work.

Can't say I get the practicality of a fortress that can be destroyed but is seemingly immobile(I'm guessing since you used the tent for the card and the tent can't move)? Give it some wheels!

Well the fortress taking over thing was implemented in EN, so it's an option I'd say would work.

Can't say I get the practicality of a fortress that can be destroyed but is seemingly immobile(I'm guessing since you used the tent for the card and the tent can't move)? Give it some wheels!

haha do you mean give the tent wheels?

a tent on wheels lol

why not? if mother can have a locomotion device in the form of a walking table, i can't see why a tent can't have wheels

dont you dare think of making it a caravan. totally different class

why does taking over checkpoints and spawning soldiers make me think of Dynasty Warriors?

if u are gonna spawn npcs, can we give them equipment? or they gonna use standard bronze junk? or upgradable into steel, silver?

why does taking over checkpoints and spawning soldiers make me think of Dynasty Warriors?

I didn't think that it was possible that I could possibly like this project any more but here we are...

Interact with fortress/mobile-battle-station after converting it = Yes/No option to upgrade, which costs x amount of gold. Use the check/deduct gold event from Farina's recruitment, trigger an event ID, check for it whenever soldiers spawn from the fortress whether to spawn normal or upgraded ones, and BAM, amazing new mid-to-lategame use for Gold that isn't buying weapons.

Y/y, Ghast?

I didn't think that it was possible that I could possibly like this project any more but here we are...

Interact with fortress/mobile-battle-station after converting it = Yes/No option to upgrade, which costs x amount of gold. Use the check/deduct gold event from Farina's recruitment, trigger an event ID, check for it whenever soldiers spawn from the fortress whether to spawn normal or upgraded ones, and BAM, amazing new mid-to-lategame use for Gold that isn't buying weapons.

Y/y, Ghast?

Y/y, Ghast?

someone buy this gal a turkey! u win all the hearts

I'm asking a mod to lock this thread. Progress is coming fine, a bit slower than i'd hoped but fine nonetheless.

but to be brutally honest, I'm going through a troubling stint in my life that is basically revolving around money problems are slowly but surely slowing down my whole life, including this.

and honestly i feel like i'm pinning ideas to a brick wall here. I don't want to come and post a pic of a concept or something that i've worked on for a decent amount of time and get 1 or 2 pieces of feedback on, if that much. its just deflating.

once the thread reopens, i'll have a slew of updates and possibly some videos.

and pay attention to the concepts subforum if you haven't, lots of cool ideas never before seen. give those projects some love.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiii

First off I wanted to apologize for my little breakdown a couple weeks ago. I am a human after all! Things are turning around slowly at least. And I feel a bit rejuvenated by some lucky breaks. So yeah. Also, with the MHD coming up I figure this should be reopened so I can post some stuff from that here, I guess.

Anyway, TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!zing

(Contains class spoilersss)

kj9tOet.png big big tents that store enemy units. Better burn em up quick!
LrB4ukL.png Chapter 8, Lizardmen!
2A9VWg8.png first attempt at legit class card spriting.
CtAeqJZ.png Mermen have swords toooo

Glad you're feeling better bud. Those screens, classes and ideas look legit awesome!

(Calcos as in Aeon Calcos from Soul Calibur? :D )

Tent spawns is a nice variation on the fortress spawns, more Mermen is always good too! :)

Glad you're feeling better bud. Those screens, classes and ideas look legit awesome!

(Calcos as in Aeon Calcos from Soul Calibur? :D )

Tent spawns is a nice variation on the fortress spawns, more Mermen is always good too! :)

You got it! Aeon is the inspiration!

But do fire tomes deal effective damage to tents?

Also that merman sword looks awesome

yes they do!

and thank yuuu :)

Glad the forum's open again! Cool looking tents, and the lizard dudes are pretty awesome! How many species are you planning to pump out? XD

thank you :)

how many? Fuck if I know, the lizardman just came out of nowhere lol. Who knows, maybe the next class I'll make will be a jellyfish or something...

kek

thank you :)

how many? Fuck if I know, the lizardman just came out of nowhere lol. Who knows, maybe the next class I'll make will be a jellyfish or something...

kek

Ooh ooh...you could use the Mogall as a basis for their sprites!!!