Game of Mafia Champions Season 3 Discussion

Kaoz

Game of Mafia Champtions Rep  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who should represent us?

• Randa
    • Eurykins
    • Paperblade

Oh, right. The second game is up! Looks like Zac and Hoya are off to the finals, with third place being undecided.

Speaking of the second game. . .Smashboards and GameFAQs have mafia communities?!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoya's one of my "names" so it feels kinda funny/surreal watching someone w/ that name play

[spoiler=spoilers]it's a flower google it it's very pretty

Edited by Quote

• 11 months later...

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Hello everyone, it’s that time of the year again :)

I am making this post with the hopes that your community would be interested in participating in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship. It will be bigger and more epic than ever before.

This year we’re expanding once again; 136 communities will be invited to participate, making this not only the biggest Mafia event ever, but also the largest cross-forum event in the history of the Internet. We’ve also moved the venue to Mafia Universe, a new site created largely because of this series.

Are you interested?

As always, how you decide your representative is completely up to you. To guarantee your community a spot in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship, I will need to know of your community's interest within the next week (until April 4th). Following this, you will have an additional two weeks to decide your nominee (until April 18th). Additionally, it would be a very good idea to also name an alternate.

Remember that your representative needs to be prepared to deal with a lot of activity. Expect at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage making 10+ posts per day phase.

Season 3 Specifics

• 136 different communities are invited to participate. If some decline the invitation, I may opt to allow larger communities an additional nominee.

• 8 Qualifying Games will be played with 17 players each.

• 2 players advance to the Finale Game from each game based on post-game votes.

• 1 Wildcard Game will be played (Wildcards are decided by a jury consisting of former finalists), determining the 17th and final spot in the Finale. Runner-ups in this game will be first in line to replace any finalists who may have to drop out.

Season 3 Timeline & Important Dates

The first Qualifying Game is set to start April 25th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100% guarantee that this won’t happen).

Season 3 Game Design & Setup

For each season, we’ve changed it up. This time, we’re doing something new again!

The setup is called Matrix12 and is inspired by mafiascum’s popular Matrix6 setup, if any of you are familiar with that. In short, the concept is that there are 12 different possible setups and the host randomizes which one is used. The players know what setups are available, but not which one will be used!

More on the setup here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/1374-Setup-Discussion-Matrix12-(Proposed-Season-3-Format)

Regarding lynch mechanics: There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends).

I feel like our interest is going to directly depend on whether or not we have a willing representative.

That being said, I nominate ##Makaze, since he brings to the table major star power.

Also, reminder that these games are 17 players, rather than 25 or 30 or whatever the previous ones were.

So, slightly more manageable.

Are you gonna make MafiaUniverse pay for the wallpost?

In all seriousness,

That said, if we get invited back for the next season of GoMC, I might take a crack at it if people let me. I'm already thinking up of various things to say and do :P:

is this offer still open?

EDIT: Also, the thread on there site discussing this game is here. Just in case y'all care.

Edited by Euklyd

I mean you have SB who got vigged N1, and you have Paperblade who was hella obvious lurkscum.

You're gonna have to try pretty hard to make us look worse.

Vote me for your representative, and I will build a giant wallpost to keep all the scum out.

As long as you don't flake. Because I think you'd thrive in that environment.

serious offer, i will rep sf on the following conditions:

a) sf as a site never participates in a game of mafia champions or offshoot ever again

b) if I am scum I will sub out immediately (but this isn't a surefire tell the slot is scum because if I roll town I may do it anyway for kicks)

you guys are getting a good deal here

E: actually I joined mitsuki's game so I don't think I'm up for this regardless. we should send life but not tell him it's a NOC game until it's too late

Edited by Prims