Awakening could have been the last Fire Emblem

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember hearing about this, thank the gods the numbers we had to beat were nearly tripled. It'd be a shame to never get to revisit magvel. I want to go back and remind Franz what a lucky punk he is, and to say hi to Amelia of course

That news is rather worrying... I certainly hope Awakening's success marks a turnaround for the series' popularity and notoriety, which for the most part it seems to have; well, so far at least.

I do hope, however, that it doesn't end up being the new "template"; at least, not for plots. Fire Emblem Awakening's story was its weakest point and while I'm fine with its gameplay elements returning (provided the game is made from the ground up with them in mind), I would feel rather resentful about the sort of storyline they did in Awakening becoming commonplace in the series. Something more like Path of Radiance's plotline combined with gameplay similar to Awakening's would be phenomenal; it'd be a day one purchase for me if I could manage it.

Of course, I'd totally be game for a classic-style FE, too.

This news puts Id (Purpose) and the song's incorporation of the Fire Emblem theme on a whole new sentimental value for me. It was essentially going be the farewell song, so hey, Intelligent Systems was going to make sure you remembered it, and remembered everything about Fire Emblem.

Happy to see that sales point toward the series continuing though! Just gotta make sure interest in the series remains high for the crows that got into thanks to FE13.

Edited by Sonic Boom

I know I am late with the discovery of this topic, but I'm kind of glad that FEA sold well.

In all honesty, they should have implemented the Casual mode thing way earlier in the series. I've had a lot of friends pick up Fire Emblem, only to lose all their units and get stuck on a later chapter, quitting the game altogether. Now I was that kind of person that reset due to perfectionism every time a character died, and as such I was able to get through the game. (Abet, I started with FE8, which was a lot easier than other games)

Advance Wars is also a strategy game but so long as you had money, you could lose all the units you wanted and still get through. I think this is the core to getting more people interested. If they had implemented Casual mode back in FE7, the series would have been a lot better off, I think.

This is actually my first and only fire emblem game the only time i have heard of it was in super smash brawl it never really appealed to me but i heard it was a strategy game kind of like final fantasy tactics for the GBA which i loved so i went and bought it ( it was sold out in the first store i went to lol) im absolutely loving it i started it on normal/classic ( for the sake of the "meant to be feel") i let sully die(kinda dont regret it unless she has a child fml) and the candy loving thief died on the mission you can recruit him ( REGRET ITTTTTTTTTT) im in the part before the final battle and ive just been so sidetracked with the bonus teams (ive recruited ike i knew him from ssbb) i have about 34hrs in the game so far and i bought it last week (addicted) i like the challenges it gives me ive also maxed the stats of an assassin in my team from streetpass with decent skills from other jobs once i feel contempt ill finish the story and start on hard/classic now that i have a better feel for the game im also planning to get the dlc its an enjoyable series : ]

Edited by SnowDragon470

i let sully die(kinda dont regret it unless she has a child

Don't worry, Sully doesn't have a child. She WOULD if she were alive, but since she's not, she won't '3'

Anyway, Awakening did what the title said it should do. But I really hope they use this as a popularity springboard to start trying new things since it'd be really stupid to do 2 or more "best-of" games in a row.

Anyone else hoping for FE on Mars?

Don't worry, Sully doesn't have a child. She WOULD if she were alive, but since she's not, she won't '3'

Anyway, Awakening did what the title said it should do. But I really hope they use this as a popularity springboard to start trying new things since it'd be really stupid to do 2 or more "best-of" games in a row.

Anyone else hoping for FE on Mars?

Does that mean i cant get that child anymore? x.x guess ill just add it on to my goals on hard difficulty when i start it im trying my best to not research too much into the game because of spoilers and such.

Yeah, I know how you feel about spoilers x.x;

But generally speaking, the women have children.

...Not sure how to bring this back on-topic... HEY LOOK. POTENTIAL DOOM AVERTED. Think IS will be more likely to take risks now that they've got cash on hand, or will they try Frederick's slow-but-steady road?

On the topic of fanservice... Even if it played a role, Fan Service isn't enough.

r else, Luminous Arc would be the best selling Franchise ever.

It's also because it's a fun game with a fun gameplay.

About Casual, I think every FE player should try at least one to play on Classic. Or try an older game without casual, to get the original fun.

But, hnnestly, I prefer to play in Casual myself, because beginning an entire chapter for a stupid mistake isn't really fun. It also allows me to play more risky, and not turtle all day.

• 1 month later...

Fire Emblem owes a lot to Super Smash Bros. The game would never have even hit my radar, or any of my friends radar, without it. As it stands if it took IS being threatened with shutdown to make a decent game then I don't have that much hope for the next game.

3c310f636cf4277e2b0e9c635e2ef229.png

But anyway, I think I may've said this already, but while I understand the "do everything like it's your last" mentality, I hope they don't keep doing games like this since without new things to add to "best-of" collections, the whole thing will really become pointless...