Mafialands Sign-up [OC]

Life

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, after experiencing the Ragnarok Online game, I'm not sure if I want to join this. It's a real commitment and for someone who has only beaten the Ace Attorney games and a few others (out of 40 plus games owned) you can see why I might not be willing.

Although, I enjoy the Ragnarok Online game... And playing OC would be interesting...

Ah, who cares. /in.

Looking for two more people. C'mon guys, you'll enjoy this game. A lot of thinking, it's very simple (rolewise and set-up) and it'll be quick too.

• 3 weeks later...

At this stage, I need one more person to sign-up.

This game will be fast, fun and will hopefully make everyone change their minds about OC.

• 2 weeks later...

Do all signups still want to play? I'm considering joining since I have free time for a while now (less than two weeks) and even though I don't exactly like the idea of joining a game where rules are not posted until it starts I feel kind of sorry for Life.

I may change my mind later, though. I still need to think about it.

I probably won't be super active depending on when this starts (the later, the better) but I should have enough time for OC (definitely won't be able to become Town Lea...hahaha, because I was so good at that or anything though).

I probably won't be super active depending on when this starts (the later, the better) but I should have enough time for OC (definitely won't be able to become Town Lea...hahaha, because I was so good at that or anything though).

#NeverForget. I'll bug Life and we should be able to get things running pretty soon.

I have the set-up ready to go. If you guys want, I can draft up a set of rules right now. All I need are ten confirmed people who are going to be relatively active for a week (game won't take longer than that). It's a small OC game designed in order to further logical thinking.

EDIT: Rules. Or something like that.

1. While you are alive, feel free to talk about the game. Once you have died, you may not participate in the game any longer until it ends. You may not share information you gained after death.

2. The game will begin on Night 0. There will be no kills on Night 0.

3. Grammatical errors are not proof of anything.

4. You may paste things the hosts tell you, but do not anticipate everything we tell you is true. You can paste fake logs; PM Life for help faking a log. Screenshots are not allowed.

4a. With regards to night actions, Rule 4 does not exist. I will always tell you the truth of what happened that night (eg. if you were hooked, you will know).

5. Each phase shall be 36 hours. There will be extensions at my discretion. Do not ask for extensions, you will not get them. Actions not sent in on night phases will be considered forfeited. Oh and I won't be nudging you. You wanted to play so get them in.

6. During the day you must bold your vote and post ##flavor <USER>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post with your new vote. If you wish to vote for nothing at that time but have already voted, unbold your original vote and state something along the lines that it is retracted.

7. Ties at lynch deadline will be a double lynch.

8. Each Night period will last 36 hours. If PMs haven't been sent by the end of the 48 hour period, it will be considered a forfeit of action. However, N0 will only last 18 hours in order to get the game moving.

9. Priorities. Don't ask about them. I'll explain after the game since I've changed something.

10. Inform Life of all channels, spreadsheets, etc. you make for this game. Give us access: ask for our emails, my registered IRC nick is Life.

11. Send all PMs to Life and Lord Gaius so we can both update. If you are choosing to idle, please PM "NX - Idling" so we know you are active.

12. Be active or get out. You will almost assuredly lose this game if you are not active and anyone who could rely on you will be hampered by your inactivity. You will be subbed out if you are inactive for 48 hours. This is a promise.

13. I'll be writing a postgame so be active and try your best. It's a short game so just have fun and enjoy.

14. If you post in the thread when silenced or kidnapped, break a posting restriction or fail to vote for the person you were persuaded to vote for, you will be godkilled. You will be duly notified about such restrictions at the start of a phase.

15. If you have a night action, you will gain a result based on the result.

16. This game is themed and is partly closed-themed. It's based off of Borderlands but Axton and Sledge could be on the same team (I know that they don't even show up in the same game, sue me).

17.COMMUNICATIONarrow-10x10.png is key in this game and I don't mean just talking to people that you're allied with. If you don't have a PM open with everyone even after you know exactly what their role and faction is, you're playing wrong. That's about all the advice I can give you.

18. Good luck and have fun. The fun isn't in winning, it's in trying to figure out HOW to win.

Edited by Jim Moriarty