[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I sense Fa x Shiori stuff coming.

I guess I could give something a go. Perhaps a humourous one shot focusing on some of Hoikade's common mooks. I need to get my writing muse back into shape anyway. First though, exams demand my attention.

Oh hell yeah, I think I'll give this a go!

Also, Alfred, if it's possible, you should mimic FE2's world map style. What I mean by that is that both Alm and Celica were playable AT THE SAME TIME on the same world map. Granted, there was a landslide separating them, so that prevented one character from completing the other's goals.

Edited by SilverHairedFreak25

Kamon, you should make a thread in Creative promoting a contest to write a fanfic of Midnight Sun, and the winner (if they have a story or hack) get a cameo character?

it depends, there needs to be a lot of transparency on what entails what a cameo character is and does. If a cameo character is just like an npc then that's one thing. But a character that is playable is super different. especially when folks want backstories behind the character that conflicts with what's actually happening in the game. the cameo character ultimately has flow well with ms's plot, and sometimes... that doesn't work out lol... -___-

I would say, Reader-insert and sex-scene alert. I'm not apologizing for ruining your life.

Just wanted you know that, It's a badass hack. That... is all, I could continue and say that you are pretty, Oh wait, that's just your avatar, and you're a dude, no shit ? I was wondering why you were so flat.

No seriously, It's a cool hack, can't really say anything more than that without taking too much of your time.

Obvious spoiler ahead.

You surprised us with the first chapter that was like a punch in the face, a good punch in the face. Grey and grey morality ? You got that all the way, and I love it. Even though I'll never sympathize with Moonie. :p

Should've seen that coming with Helios, I mean duh ! He is basically Orson.

And yet all of this, without taking the part of the light, if this isn't too narmy for you.

You're good at surprising people.

incidentally, you put some music from touhou in your hack, it means that you are a great person.

Edited by B.Leu

it depends, there needs to be a lot of transparency on what entails what a cameo character is and does. If a cameo character is just like an npc then that's one thing. But a character that is playable is super different. especially when folks want backstories behind the character that conflicts with what's actually happening in the game. the cameo character ultimately has flow well with ms's plot, and sometimes... that doesn't work out lol... -___-

Hence why in my case, I'll choose to focus on a few mooks. They could be Hoikadians who happen to be...

...guarding Hoikade when the monsters roll in and manage to escape, they could have been part of Saai's crew at the Midnight Shrine (speaking of which, we never did hear of what happened to any surviving soldiers there. I assume they either pulled out when Saai got killed, or were wiped out by Demon Fa's minions offscreen.), they could simply have been the idiots who decided to attack without an army backing them up in Ch. 3.

Or I could try a Lazulean squad watching Shiori's battalion bearing down on them, a Magnolian soldier tagging along with Fa/Shiori and having trouble with a certain pony lover, or one of Tartaros' cutpurses picking the wrong target and having a distictly bad day.

There's plenty you can do with one shot generics.

Yeah that's a point. I'll see... hmm.

I would say, Reader-insert and sex-scene alert. I'm not apologizing for ruining your life.

Just wanted you know that, It's a badass hack. That... is all, I could continue and say that you are pretty, Oh wait, that's just your avatar, and you're a dude, no shit ? I was wondering why you were so flat.

No seriously, It's a cool hack, can't really say anything more than that without taking too much of your time.

Obvious spoiler ahead.

You surprised us with the first chapter that was like a punch in the face, a good punch in the face. Grey and grey morality ? You got that all the way, and I love it. Even though I'll never sympathize with Moonie. :p

Should've seen that coming with Helios, I mean duh ! He is basically Orson.

And yet all of this, without taking the part of the light, if this isn't too narmy for you.

You're good at surprising people.

incidentally, you put some music from touhou in your hack, it means that you are a great person.

I may be a girl actually lel plot twist

Thank you man for all these compliments! ^^

Don't call the sex scenes pls

Hence why in my case, I'll choose to focus on a few mooks. They could be Hoikadians who happen to be...

...guarding Hoikade when the monsters roll in and manage to escape, they could have been part of Saai's crew at the Midnight Shrine (speaking of which, we never did hear of what happened to any surviving soldiers there. I assume they either pulled out when Saai got killed, or were wiped out by Demon Fa's minions offscreen.), they could simply have been the idiots who decided to attack without an army backing them up in Ch. 3.

Or I could try a Lazulean squad watching Shiori's battalion bearing down on them, a Magnolian soldier tagging along with Fa/Shiori and having trouble with a certain pony lover, or one of Tartaros' cutpurses picking the wrong target and having a distictly bad day.

There's plenty you can do with one shot generics.

Those are all great ideas, Ashley!

MIDNIGHT SUN FANFICT CONTEST

So, send me a PM with your work by the end of June.

It requires:

- Some Midnight Sun scenary and characters, of course

- Any original content (but max 1 OC)

- No unnecessary silliness (i.e. ruining the MS characters with far-fetched situations or relationships. As long as they're logical, it's ok)

- Everything else you can come up with

Then you should decide which element of your ff you want to be inserted. How and when these elements will be inserted will be decided by me. I prefer to decide once we get a winner rather than giving out general prizes. I want to avoid the risk of promising a reward that isn't compatible with the actual story that I get in the end.

First element of choice: character, map, relationship or gameplay element

Second element of choice: character, map or gameplay element (that you didn't pick in the first choice, of course)

Sample:

[insert link with ff]

First choice: Insert Puledra's grandma

Second choice: Insert the pub where all this happens

Sample 2:

[insert ff]

First choice: Fa x Shiori

Second choice: Andre promoting in Vodka Sage

I'll show the ffs to the public in July, and they will be voted one week later.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

So basically we write a scenario about the group and some other guy we have invented [spoiler=(e.g.]Fa's side of the group meets some guy who allows them to get into a certain part of hokkaide(in a sidequest e.g.) in which Fa is able to learn more about the demon king and hokkaide because this certain part is the "hideout"(e.g. big library) of a guy who researched the demon king further but got killed because of the power the demon king has gained after chaper 8 and so on)

or are we allowed to not include the character and just write about some of the groups characters and a certain situation happening(e.g. ShiorixFa written in Support conversation style)?

or about the backstory of one of the groups members(or character that are not in the group, yet appear in MS (e.g. Saai))?

I ask because i am a little bit confused since it says that we Have to include one original character that appears there :/

So basically we write a scenario about the group and some other guy we have invented [spoiler=(e.g.]Fa's side of the group meets some guy who allows them to get into a certain part of hokkaide(in a sidequest e.g.) in which Fa is able to learn more about the demon king and hokkaide because this certain part is the "hideout"(e.g. big library) of a guy who researched the demon king further but got killed because of the power the demon king has gained after chaper 8 and so on)

or are we allowed to not include the character and just write about some of the groups characters and a certain situation happening(e.g. ShiorixFa written in Support conversation style)?

or about the backstory of one of the groups members(or character that are not in the group, yet appear in MS (e.g. Saai))?

I ask because i am a little bit confused since it says that we Have to include one original character that appears there :/

Oh, it's the first one in the spoiler tags. You can write about whatever you want, the way you want, actually.

Oh, it's the first one in the spoiler tags. You can write about whatever you want, the way you want, actually.

Should we assume everyone survival in the hack as canon?

Should we assume everyone survival in the hack as canon?

i think you can let someone die in your story i mean as long as it has a logical outcome it doesnt matter

if you want to make a ending of where someone dies you could say e.g. puledra died in the final battle against the e.g. demon king, he never returned to his home to show andre what a great harem he posessed over, not that it matters because in puledras testament which was handed over to andre, there was written that andre could take over the harem which he did

andre lived the rest of his life surrounded by beautiful women

and so on...

First choice: Insert Puledra's grandma

WHAT? Edited by Flare

I'll second cross-posting the fanfic idea and rules in Written Works. That way, you can have a thread open for voting, since there's no telling how many fanfics you'll get, or how long they'll be (or even if you can fit them all into a single post).

Great, now I have to find time to replay the game, since I forgot everything :P:

Urgh, if only this wasn't during my exam period. I have an idea that I kinda like, but I need to revise...

Edited by Fantasia

Oh damn. I shouldn't have checked out your Youtube channel.

Pass skill.

Total Anarchy mode with changing weather? (it seems to be for a different hack.)

Infiltration map with sleeping enemies by default. Wonder if they wake up on their own if you take too long.

Valpurga the noble knight.

You do some cool stuff man.