Fe9 Pointer Codes

Hirotune

Alright, so im having difficulty with having codes that point to specific characters..... for example 2b8c27

Ike's skill slot 7 is 002B16A7 but since there is no one other than ike... i went to level modifiers, since they are tons

Tormod's Level Mod is 002B8BFE 000000XX and Ike's is 002B167E 000000XX, but when i subtracted the two, that applied the difference to the skill set 7, for some reason, it went to zihark instead......

could i get help? i need the following codes for these characters

Tormod Skill set 7 for Lumina

Ilyana skill set 7 for Lumina

Soren Skill set 7 for Lumina

Oscar Axe and Bow skill

Kieran Lance and Bow skill

Makalov Axe and Lance skill

Astrid Axe and Lance skill

Greil skill set 2 to remove discipline

If the Serenes Forest Community could help me with this, i will be happy

I'd imaginable the character data is in a struct so find the struct length ie (start_of_character_2) - (start_of_character_1) should equal how much space is taken up by one character then it's just multiplication to get to where you want

Well when i subtracted ike's from tormod's, i got a difference of 7580, then i added that onto it thinking it would work on tormod, but it only worked on zihark..... i wish shadowofchaos could help me out with this..... cause im pretty sure he knows his way around codes and stuff

You did it wrong. You have to compare units whose data are adjacent.

It might even be on arcentral.net

PM Sock then. I don't know why you can't just cheat search it unless you're doing this on console

there should be tutorials for it but basically:

>locate value you want to find location for

>search for that value(you'll probably get a lot of results

>change the value and search for the new value

>if you're not down to one result, repeat previous steps

>once you're down to just one result, test it to make sure it's not a false positive

>search for that value(you'll probably get a lot of results

>change the value and search for the new value

use scrolls and savestates. make a save before you equip a skill, equip it search for the value then reload the save and see what results changed

Then it may behoove you to look up tutorials on YouTube or just on google

I would make one with visual aides but I don't use dolphin or any GC emulator so I can't take pictures. Play around with it you might figure it out

I think the easest way would be to find the next character after Ike. Then take adress for it's skill slot 7 and subracts Ike's from it. Giving you the value you have to add to the Character after Ike's skill slot 7, you should find the skill slot 7 for the next character and on. Since I have no clue of hacking PoR (I've only hacked the PAL RD) it's just guessing.