Planning for Lunatic+ Optimization Run

isetrh

I already asked about this in the Lunatic Club and got some advice, but I'm still a unsure in what to do so I thought it might work better to make a separate topic for it.

I planned out an optimized final team, and I want to make it on Lunatic+. I would luke to have some fun with this along the way instead of just grinding level 20 asap. I plan to support grind, because otherwise it would be difficult to get any good children since most have only one parent who is a good in-game unit, and also because Chrom needa to marry Sumia and not FeMU. I was also thinking of allowing myself some limited amount of grinding, like maybe 5 levels per unit. I will get Seals from Streetpass if I need to.

My pairings:

+Skill-Def FeMU x Gregor!Yarne

Lissa x Henry

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Ricken

Sumia x Chrom

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Panne x Gregor

Cordelia x Virion

Nowi x Frederick

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x Libra

Cherche x Vaike

I was thinking of using something like this:

FeMU (Tactician-->Mercenary-->Bow Knight-->Sniper)

Chrom (Lord-->Archer-->Bow Knight)

Virion (Archer-->Sniper)

Donnel (Villager-->Mercenary-->Bow Knight-->Warrior)

Henry (Dark Mage-->Sorcerer)

Chrom!Cynthia

Sumia!Lucina

Donnel!Kjelle

Virion!Severa

My logic:

Chrom has Charm, Falchion, and two kids so training him seems lime a good idea.

I was looking at Virion rather than Miriel because Virion lets.me use Severa, while I probably won't be getting Laurent ingame if I use Miriel because Laurent needs to inherit DSu+. If three kids is enough then I can go with Miriel.

Donnel will be easier to get to level 10 since I can grind him partway, and he can pull off Warrior in the place of Morgan, with any luck staying relevant into lategame.

Henry is to have a magic user if I don't use Miriel.

So how does this look? Am I choosing too many units? Too few? How do my class paths look? Any suggestions for the kids' class paths? Thank you!

...Could anyone give me some comments or advice? I'd appreciate the help.

Sorry, I know bumping a post like this this isn't really allowed, but it seems to be the best option since the alternatives are

-PM someone who I think might give good advice (seems a little rude)

-post a new topic (seems like a worse violation in terms of the spirit of the rules)

-take it to Gamefaqs (lol)

For future reference, bumping after just one day went by may not be the best idea. I mean, I can totally relate to that feeling, but at the same time, you don't want to make yourself seem impatient.

That said, I wouldn't know about anyone really, except for Robin. Everytime I've done Lunatic+, I've basically just done it the easy way, where I pretty much just power-leveled Robin, and had him take this path...

Tactician > Mercenary (Armsthrift and Patience) > Hero (Sol) > Dark Flier (if female, for Galeforce) > Great Knight (Luna) > Grandmaster (Ignis) > Sorceror (Vengeance and Forged Nosferatu).

So, sorry about that :(: .

Edited by FionordeQuester

It's all good. As for Lunatic+, yeah, soloing is a lot harder than it is in normal Lunatic, but it's still very easily possible, and not to mention easier than any other way I know of (excluding grinding on DLC). Basically, Armsthrift means you can Forge a super-weapon and never worry about it breaking (Armsthrift has a hidden effect of never letting a weapon get destroyed), Hero gives you an HP draining attack, Great Knight and Grandmaster give you two of the three damage dealing skills needed to make Grima possible to solo, and then finally, Sorceror gives you the third damage dealing skill, but more importantly, it allows you to wield Forged Nosferatu. Which basically means you can heal back EVERYTHING, even with Counter+ on the enemies!!

It's a build that has to be built a very specific way in order to work, but MAN does it do its job :D: ! For reference, I managed to beat Lunatic+ in only 5 In-Game Hours with it.

Edited by FionordeQuester

It's all good. As for Lunatic+, yeah, soloing is a lot harder than it is in normal Lunatic, but it's still very easily possible, and not to mention easier than any other way I know of (excluding grinding on DLC). Basically, Armsthrift means you can Forge a super-weapon and never worry about it breaking (Armsthrift has a hidden effect of never letting a weapon get destroyed), Hero gives you an HP draining attack, Great Knight and Grandmaster give you two of the three damage dealing skills needed to make Grima possible to solo, and then finally, Sorceror gives you the third damage dealing skill, but more importantly, it allows you to wield Forged Nosferatu. Which basically means you can heal back EVERYTHING, even with Counter+ on the enemies!!

It's a build that has to be built a very specific way in order to work, but MAN does it do its job :D: ! For reference, I managed to beat Lunatic+ in only 5 In-Game Hours with it.

Wow, that's pretty good. Doesn't sound very fun to me though, so I think I'll go for the bows method.

if you are planning on skill collection

always do archer>sniper as soon as possible. Else its gonna be a pain doing that.

then choose your final class accordingly.

Actually my final class is going to be Sniper, so it will be a pain either way. I don't think I'll go for skill collection outside of what I need (and inheritance-only skills that it would be impossible to get if I ever did want them) because it would take way too long to do that on every character and I would almost certianly get burned out. Thanks though.

For reference, I managed to beat Lunatic+ in only 5 In-Game Hours with it.

You mean five hours on your file? That doesn't count time spent resetting. It's best to obtain gameplay times from the 3ds activity log (unless you're doing that already, which I have a hard time swallowing).

always do archer>sniper as soon as possible. Else its gonna be a pain doing that.

Those classes are really good in L+. Why would they be a pain?

(Note: if you're trying to grind through them postgame, just turn on auto-battle and wait until there are only adjacent enemies left, then let your support take care of those. Roughly the same amount of time as any other class.)

Anyway, I got DSp+ on Miriel during Par.3 (post-Cht.7) on my last Lunatic+ nogrind run. It's definitely possible, it just requires a lot of patience for grinding with Heal/Mend.

Anyway, I got DSp+ on Miriel during Par.3 (post-Cht.7) on my last Lunatic+ nogrind run. It's definitely possible, it just requires a lot of patience for grinding with Heal/Mend.

Oh, staff grinding! That's a great idea, thanks! Should have thought of that. Miriel and Laurent are in then, no Virion or Severa.

Considering that none of my kids have Veteran, is 4 (Sumia!Lucina, Chrom!Cynthia, Donnel!Kjelle, and Ricken!Laurent) too many to try to train?

if you are planning on skill collection

then choose your final class accordingly.

They NEED a bow as a final class against Counter.

Considering that none of my kids have Veteran, is 4 (Sumia!Lucina, Chrom!Cynthia, Donnel!Kjelle, and Ricken!Laurent) too many to try to train?

Depends how many of their parents you're keeping past early Valm. If you limit them to Chrom/Sumia, Avatar and an A support for her, it'll work fine (she'll probably want one of the other parents- I'd advise Sully).

Depends how many of their parents you're keeping past early Valm. If you limit them to Chrom/Sumia, Avatar and an A support for her, it'll work fine (she'll probably want one of the other parents- I'd advise Sully).

So Sully works in Lunatic+? She doesn't have GF, Magic, or Bows except as an Assassin, so I assumed she was only good in vanilla.

I wasn't planning to train Sumia much, since it seems like kind of a pain above Hard mode, unless she's good enough to make up for it when she gets going or Lucy and Cynthia need her trained for their bases. I forgot that I'm letting myself grind. Training her shouldn't be more difficult than anyone else. Only issue is her lack of Bows.

Seems like a little bit of a waste to train Donnel and then not keep him through lategame.

Edited by isetrh

Sully would stick as a hard support/ferry. She wouldn't do much upfront combat later on.

Sumia takes just a bit to get going, but it's well worth keeping her around because she gives you three Galeforces for the price of one. Generally I retire her to a Falco after she gets GF and use her as a flying staffbot, and have her pick off stuff with GF whenever it's safe.

Donnel won't be viable later on unless you do something about his HP. Thanks to the way Aptitude works, it doesn't keep up with the rest of his stats and will seriously bog him down midway through the game. Towards the end, you'll have units with better caps and skills to use anyway.

Sully would stick as a hard support/ferry. She wouldn't do much upfront combat later on.

Sumia takes just a bit to get going, but it's well worth keeping her around because she gives you three Galeforces for the price of one. Generally I retire her to a Falco after she gets GF and use her as a flying staffbot, and have her pick off stuff with GF whenever it's safe.

Donnel won't be viable later on unless you do something about his HP. Thanks to the way Aptitude works, it doesn't keep up with the rest of his stats and will seriously bog him down midway through the game. Towards the end, you'll have units with better caps and skills to use anyway.

I guess training Sumia would be a good idea. Should I promote her early?

I probably could use Seraph Robes on Donnel, but it doesn't matter anyway since if I'm training Sumia I think I'll drop Sully x Donnel to not spread exp too thin.

Laurent's bases are going to be kind of bad, but the Renown Naga's Tear could help a little.