FE Inflation

luigi bros

I'm going to start a playthrouth of FE Inflation but I want to know some of the differances. The page on all the hacks is pretty basic so I thought I'd ask here.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nihil is indeed essential. EVERYONE ought to have it.

I mean, the enemies have most stats capped, and Wrath/Ambush/Big Shield/You name it.

Nihil is indeed essential. EVERYONE ought to have it.

I mean, the enemies have most stats capped, and Wrath/Ambush/Big Shield/You name it.

I should arrange my pairings around Nihil?

Also will it work with an English translation patch?

Suggested pairings:

Levin x Ayra

Holyn x Sylvia

Claude x Fury

Midir x Aideen

Tiltyu x Azel

Finn x Lachesis

Beowulf x Brigid

Midir and Jamka can be switched.

Finn gets a new set of weapons in the 2nd Gen, so pairing him is fine.

Also, it doesn't work with a translation patch. As a rule of thumb, 2 IPS patches on one ROM is a bad idea.

Suggested pairings:

Levin x Ayra

Holyn x Sylvia

Claude x Fury

Midir x Aideen

Tiltyu x Azel

Finn x Lachesis

Beowulf x Brigid

Midir and Jamka can be switched.

Finn gets a new set of weapons in the 2nd Gen, so pairing him is fine.

Also, it doesn't work with a translation patch. As a rule of thumb, 2 IPS patches on one ROM is a bad idea.

Can you explain why? Some of those sound strange.

Edited by luigi bros

Levin x Ayra is just for kicks, really. Skasha can become a Mage Fighter of sorts, so he can use Holsety after promotion.

Holyn x Sylvia = Lynn being one of the the best fighters in your army. Corple is Corple.

Claude x Fury so that the kids can use staves well, etc. Sety is still able to rape everything with Starlight.

Midir/Jamka x Aideen is self-explanatory. Also, Lester starts with a 3~5 range bow that deals magic damage.

Tiltyu x Azel is self-explanatory.

Finn x Lachesis means the kids can be Charisma bots like they always are, but with Prayer, so dying isn't an issue.

Beowulf x Brigid means that Patty is a decent fighter, and Faval still rapes everything in sight.

Levin x Ayra is just for kicks, really. Skasha can become a Mage Fighter of sorts, so he can use Holsety after promotion.

Holyn x Sylvia = Lynn being one of the the best fighters in your army. Corple is Corple.

Claude x Fury so that the kids can use staves well, etc. Sety is still able to rape everything with Starlight.

Midir/Jamka x Aideen is self-explanatory. Also, Lester starts with a 3~5 range bow that deals magic damage.

Tiltyu x Azel is self-explanatory.

Finn x Lachesis means the kids can be Charisma bots like they always are, but with Prayer, so dying isn't an issue.

Beowulf x Brigid means that Patty is a decent fighter, and Faval still rapes everything in sight.

There's branched promotions? Then this'll be good. Except what'll happen to there Strength growth?

A Dancer? What about their caps? Are they raised?

Starlight?

I'll use Jamka.

OK.

OK.

I guess.

How will my usual pairings end up?

Aideen/Azel

Aira/Dew

Lachesis/Fin

Sylvia/Claude

Fury/Levin

Tiltyu/Lex

Brigid/Jamka

How will these turn out?

I have another question. What is with the Holy Blood? How does Sigurd have Ulir and a lot of other characters don't make sense.

There's branched promotions? Then this'll be good. Except what'll happen to there Strength growth?

With little abuse, every 2nd gen character is likely to max everything.

A Dancer? What about their caps? Are they raised?

They can promote.

That's just the beginning.

How will my usual pairings end up?

Aideen/Azel

Completely redundant skills. Adean already has Prayer, Pursuit and Nihil (Azel's skills).

Aira/Dew

The lack of Ambush hurts Ayra's kids' enemy phase.

Lachesis/Fin

Already listed. >_>

Sylvia/Claude

You'll want to focus on Leen.

Fury/Levin

You can never go wrong with that.

Tiltyu/Lex

Elite sucks and Tiltyu already has Ambush.

Brigid/Jamka

Dunno.

Edited by TheEnd

So any pairing will work? Should I focus more on skills then? Also does Levin have Ambush?

Skills and Holy Blood. If you plan on making somebody fight, an A rank is important, due to the abundant A rank custom weapons (which is why Holyn x Sylvia is recommended, for instance).

Sigurd, Bridget, Fury, Lachesis, Lex, Levin and Arden have Ambush.

Skills and Holy Blood. If you plan on making somebody fight, an A rank is important, due to the abundant A rank custom weapons (which is why Holyn x Sylvia is recommended, for instance).

Sigurd, Bridget, Fury, Lachesis, Lex, Levin and Arden have Ambush.

What are the Holy Bloods? I just conquered Junby so I don't know everyone's.

For a few characters, iirc.

For example,

Finn -> Paladin or Duke Knight

Skasha -> Mercenary or Mage Lord

How do I change the option? If I do Aira/Levin I should do Mage Knight for Holsety, right? Also Mage Lord?

How do I change the option? If I do Aira/Levin I should do Mage Knight for Holsety, right? Also Mage Lord?

L/R/X/Y.

Mage Lord = buffed Mage Fighter.

For a few characters, iirc.

Most 2nd gen characters, pretty much Finn only in 1st gen.

I'll try the suggested pairings. I won't regret that will I? All I'm worried about is Aira's kids' Strength with a magic father.

Completely unrelated:Are the subs over-powered? I'm not going to get them but are they? I'm curius.

I'll try the suggested pairings. I won't regret that will I? All I'm worried about is Aira's kids' Strength with a magic father.

Levin's STR growth is 40%.

Completely unrelated:Are the subs over-powered? I'm not going to get them but are they? I'm curius.

Supposedly, but Fia got several bugs when trying to play with them. Maybe those bugs could have been averted if she had read the readme, but maybe not.

Just for clarification, this isn't true at all. But if the patches overwrite data of one another, it's a problem. Twilkitri's reparation patch may have modified how the text works--it looked like he may have included dictionary encoding, which may not have existed in the original. The Japanese hacks have necessary modified code overwritten, there's a bunch of stuff missing after the reparation is applied, and it's broken.

Basically, the two aren't compatible because they're being applied to the same thing. It'd be the same thing that if a place in the RAM was empty, one could use it to store a player's experience, but you couldn't really use the same exact position to also store the player items--unless they were made to both be stored together in some fashion. Obviously, the reparation patch and various hacks were not made on conjunction.

Just for clarification, this isn't true at all. But if the patches overwrite data of one another, it's a problem.

Rule of thumb = guideline.

The average user won't check the patch contents to verify compatibility.

= I don't see how that "isn't true at all." >_>

Then, you shouldn't be able to use the addendum patch included with the Blume hack (for Thracia) that modifies the existing data of two characters to have them become two others (Daisy to Patty and Asaello to Arthur, or something like that?). Because that's applying two patches to one file :[ I could also release a patch that changes only Olwen in the same hack to be a Shanan-esque Sety, as long as the modified data doesn't conflict with other necessary data.

You can also, for example, pair most standard FFI hacks with Disch's animated water hack, as unless you're playing one with modified code (such as Dragoon X Omega II), the code that animates the tiles should run smoothly unless of course the hack changes which tiles are water...

It's something that may be common sense not force two things together and expect them to work, but it's not something that always happens :/

It's something that may be common sense not force two things together and expect them to work, but it's not something that always happens :/

Of course.

Thus, why I said "Rule of Thumb" and not "always".