Was Gangrel's actions justifiable?(Spoilers)

IceBrand

Gangrel heard of Walhart's conquest and wanted to prevent it. So he planned to unite Regna Ferox, Ylisse, and Plegia against Valm, but under force. And since he knew Plegia had bad history with Ylisse, he took advantage and instigated a war with Ylisse and eventually Ferox. Was he in the rights to do this? Could he have chosen another way?

Like most of the characters in this game, Gangrel has little to no depth.

He just wanted Ylisse to burn because Chrom's dad assumed (correctly) that Plegia was filled with crazies and demon worshippers.

If we're being fair, Gangrel's at least a bit dynamic. That's something you can't say about most characters in this game.

Like most of the characters in this game, Gangrel has little to no depth.

He just wanted Ylisse to burn because Chrom's dad assumed (correctly) that Plegia was filled with crazies and demon worshippers.

I don't see it. He seemed like he only brought it up to hurt Emmeryn, I mean, does his guy sound like he holds a genuine desire for revenge and a real grudge?:

Gangrel: Bwa ha ha haa! Well now! ...How disgustingly noble. And so lovely a fall! Here I thought death to be an ugly thing. I've never seen one fall so gracefully, in fact. ...And I've seen many fall. Ah... So ends Emmeryn, Ylisse's most exalted! But how can we ensure everyone remembers this beautiful moment of her sacrifice? Perhaps we should gather up her body and put it on display! Bwa ha ha...

Those who pursue revenge see themselves as the good guys. They think they bring justice to those who deserve it. But how could that be the case for Gangrel when he himself constantly acknowledges the goodness and nobility of his opponents and mocks those qualities because he follows a "might makes right" philosophy that considers any sort of noble qualities to be a joke that only gets you killed? He acts like he does the things he does because he gets kicks out of it and nothing else.

Edited by BrightBow

No.

He only wanted to usurp the Ylisse throne after planning to execute the exalt so he could get the Fire Emblem. ...And for who for what...?

Reasons why that this doesn't make sense...

1. He doesn't work for Aversa as they have always been enemies. They only agree with the terms only because they are after the same goal...the Fire Emblem.

2. Aversa and Validar didn't care as it wasn't justifiable when they left him there to die (Ch11) after serving his purpose.

3. Why didn't Aversa off him earlier after screwing up for not getting the Emblem after Emmeryn killed herself.

4. Gangrel is a fool for not realizing that Aversa and Validar were just using him behind his back. He was manipulated to the max.

What other reason would Aversa and Gangrel agree to work together when they are not on the same side...?

Edited by Dark_Huntress