[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all. ^^
I'm really happy that a lot of people were looking forward to this.

I'll be waiting for your feedback! =)

lel.png
...And for your well-trained pegasi to bring me the money. *chuckles*
rest assured, I'm trolling. inb4 someone has a sense of humour that is worse than mine
Edited by Alfred Kamon

dat title screen music

although something about the color of the creatures in the background of the file select screen seem off

Edited by fuzz94

Hey, I hope you dont mind me asking, but could you give a quick tutorial on how to patch it to some newbies

Download NUPS or Multipatch (if you use mac), and you will need an FE8 ROM as well.

BTW Alfred, I'm really enjoying this, so far so good!

Hey, I hope you dont mind me asking, but could you give a quick tutorial on how to patch it to some newbies

Read the "How to patch.txt" file in the folder.

If you need more information, just ask.

6aa750a9b11af4cef02a818501e83791.png

I think I found a glitch.

Been enjoying it so far though, the music is really good and the gameplay seems fairly well thought out too.

Can I know what you did exactly? That never happened to me.

Thanks for the compliments btw ^^

P.S. Thanks Haku ^^ I'm glad you like it

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I just moved the ballistae up after firing it twice(?) and then noticed it the next turn.

OK, it should be fixed now~

Thanks for reporting

Trivia: Chapter 2 has 6 different endings.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Yes, finally out! Now Alfred can finally get some shuteye! (He's not kidding when he says he's put an awful lot of work into this.)

@B.Mage; there's a pretty good gba emulator for android that I use - it's called Gameboid. It's not available through Google Play or similar, just find it on the internet using any good search engine. Oh, and it's free.

One thing though - you have to cut the .sav files for FE and FE hacks in half using a hex editor (remove all the excess "00" bytes at the end, dropping the file from 64kb to 32kb), otherwise they won't save properly. Once you've done that (and you only have to do it once, unless you ping the .sav to VBA which will add all those junk "00"'s back), it works perfectly.

For pretty much anything non FE related, you don't even need to do that.

Edited by Wayward Winds

Is there any chance of adding more droppable tonics in Chapter 3? Having healing items on Faratrass is kind of unlikely because she's probably gonna just get them stolen right at the start by the thieves. Also the wyvern riders ambush spawning seems like kind of a jerk move since you don't know when they're going to appear exactly, but I dunno.

Also, Garrion doesn't appear to have a death quote?

I also have a feeling I missed a recruitment, huh.

Edited by SB.

Thank you guys for all the warm support! ^^

I'm looking forward to read your desperate comments on chapter 5

@SB: remember to use the spoiler tags!

[spoiler=about chapter 3]Just use the Supply command to give the Tonics to Fa once you've killed the thieves.

Yeah, that wyver rider ambush spawning is a bit nasty. But you should be expecting that theoretically, there's that scene where the soldier says he's going to call his friends... the area where they spawn also is the same where the first soldier appeared).

Garion doesn't have a death quote because he's not supposed to die.

I'm on chapter. . .2? Great so far though the yellow background in unit info bother me quite a bit unlike the one you have in your signature.

I should be mowing

Edited by Fateborn

On recruitment,

You can recruit Menmus and Cattleya on Chapter 2. Menmus you get by talking to him with Faratrass, and to recruit Cattleya you need to recruit Menmus and kill Tirado.

The wyvern riders are fair enough, I think. You get advance warning on where they'll appear, and it's unlikely that more than one of them will be in range of one of your guys.

Playing through the patch once again, it's cool to see how far it's come in such a short time - the music is pretty great especially!

I'm on chapter. . .2? Great so far though the yellow background in unit info bother me quite a bit unlike the one you have in your signature.

I should be mowing

That's strange because it's the same background. I never changed it.

Maybe just play around with your emulator options a bit.

On recruitment,

You can recruit Menmus and Cattleya on Chapter 2. Menmus you get by talking to him with Faratrass, and to recruit Cattleya you need to recruit Menmus and kill Tirado.

The wyvern riders are fair enough, I think. You get advance warning on where they'll appear, and it's unlikely that more than one of them will be in range of one of your guys.

Playing through the patch once again, it's cool to see how far it's come in such a short time - the music is pretty great especially!

Khkhkh it's pretty easy to miss that recruitment since I created 6 alternate endings to make it seem that you didn't miss anything. *cough*

And thanks for the compliment!