Pokeshin - Fire Red like it's never been seen before!

Shin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Yo! With exams coming up, my work on Pokeshin will be limited. Don't worry, next month I'm practically free!

Yo! With exams coming up, my work on Pokeshin will be limited. Don't worry, next month I'm practically free!

Yeah, exams. Important stuff. Well, more important than Pokeshin will probably ever be, at least. >_>

But yeah, I can't wait to continue. ^^

...Although, I'll finally be getting Awakening soon, so... hm... Eh, Pokeshin is more than good enough to warrant some gameplay time.

On the whole, the game is more challenging. Enemies aren't pathetically underleveled and actually take some thought when fighting. Cash is less plentiful, meaning you'll have to spend your money wiser. However, many of the weaker pokemon have received better stats or new movesets, which gives you more to play with. Don't forget the enemies also have these buffs.

I'd recommend looking at Horace's playlog, as lazy as he may be, he gives a rough estimate on the changes and level of difficulty.

Hate to double post, wait, it's my thread! I've posted a patch for my working build in the OP. It probably works or something.

I highly doubt it!

meanwhile my thread still hasn't fallen of page one yet, so its not time for an update, although i really should get around to getting rid of the screenshots taking up space on my computer...

I play POKESHIN more for the comedic aspect of it, although yes, those looking for more of a challenge will enjoy it. As chumpy as I am at pocket monsters, even I have only whited out 0 times, although it does get pretty troll later on, although I won't spoil anything.

is it just me or did meowth get a big stat buff

also what level does meowth learn pay day (i think thats what its called its the move that gets you money)

Edited by Formidatus

No, this is POKESHIN. That's everyone's favorite FE4 ROMhack ever...

You know, the one where you give the Speed Ring to Sigurd?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I reached the end of the current patch. I can't find the Secret Key in Cinnabar Shinnabar Mansion. So far, so good, although there are a few bugs.(Safari Zone)

I think I reached the end of the current patch. I can't find the Secret Key in Cinnabar Shinnabar Mansion. So far, so good, although there are a few bugs.(Safari Zone)

What's wrong with the Safari Zone? Also, you need to look a little harder in the mansion, there's a clue on its true location.

I fought a certain thieving old man, but he doesn't seem to feel like helping. Also, the entire area makes no sense. The Safari Zone issue is that entering and exiting the house at the start causes you to end up surfing on a water area in the Zone for some reason.

Regardless, this is a very clever/maddening hack. Balance is really good, and the humor is ridiculous. It's like I'm playing Earthbound at times. Not too many bugs right now, although I will give a list/ screenshots later today. Overall, keep working on this.

I'll look into the Safari Zone, I'm sure I'd ironed out that problem... you-know-who should give you the key once you beat him, he did in my test run.

He denies having it. He doesn't even drop it either. I checked the Gym, it won't open. I haven't done the Silph Co. yet, so if the event flag is related to that, it would clear up the issue.

• 7 months later...

Wow I suck at updating! Update is in the OP! The islands have been omitted to give me more space to do amazing things with! The main game is now complete up until the rival battle after the 8th gym! Happy raging!

No, this is POKESHIN. That's everyone's favorite FE4 ROMhack ever...

You know, the one where you give the Speed Ring to Sigurd?

But, that's for the snes.

So Shin must have made ANOTHER Shin patch for fe2!