League of ASDF

Chocolate Kitty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening not edited in any way, disappointed.
Title screen isn't exclusive.
Nice first chapter title.
Actually changed the chapter titles, plus 1. (Y)
Custom events.
Chapter title already makes sense due to opening scene.
Music fits the setting, plus 1. (Y)
Exclammation mark was cute and nicely done.
I enjoy seeing actual eventing done on map, instead of everything being said through dialogue.
Text is neatly formatted, not missing a thing and it doesn't skip anything without player input, giving enough time to read it all.
Player phase music sounds awesome, fits the map. Though, is it original or did you add it in? Not sure if I heard it in FE but it sounds kinda familiar, weirdly..
Custom battle animation for the lord, respect earned. (Y)
Character 'R' descriptions are changed, thank god. I've seen so many hacks where the main character is a "Girl from the Lorca Tribe".
Music changes are a nice pace, fitting the scene and converying the settings nicely.
Magnus' portrait is okay, his head seems a bit big for the body but I don't know, maybe it's just his nose. Either way his hair could use a little more detail.
Holy fucking shit dude the guy who appears infront of Magnus in the dialogue scene looks fucking badass.
Essentially multi-purpose chapters? Love it. I did enjoy in FE4 how in one chapter alone you're essentially playing what would be put into multiple chapters in FE7 and 8, so it's nice seeing a chapter with multiple 'parts' if you will.
Man, I'm really loving the eventing with this. It's not just lazy dialogue scenes but you put the extra effort in to show stuff on the map and I goddamn love it.
Though, for like a quick second after the teleport, Kalath turned into an NPC, no clue what that's about.
"Call on the power one of the Imperials and still remain standing", kinda not sure if that's correct or not, feels weird to read.
Ah, I see now why she was an NPC, nice little trick there on handling that.
Is that more custom music I hear? Sounds nice.
Duonziki's ranged animation is the sex.
Also, just cause I haven't said it yet, liking the custom map animation for Kalath.
Liking the intention with the very closing scene, but it's weird cause all I see is Ninian. Not to mention again I saw her turn green, again. ._.
Overall, the chapter felt really well done. The scene work and the dialogue were really nice and the chapter felt really complete. The only real thing that bugs me more than it should is the mini-mugs.
Some of the mugs in this hack are amazing, props to the artist.
Also loving that you have an un-armored version of the main hero, also before when the --- happened, you used a different mug to also convey that point. Nice touch, it's small and subtle but it really adds up to making this look and feel a lot more professional.
I think when the dude is first mentioned, you have his name as "Izangi", not sure if I read it incorrectly or not, might just want to give it a quick skim over.
Okay, now, as far as I know people just didn't put cities wherever they wanted, at least not back in Medieval times which is essentially the period Fire Emblem appears to based within, so for a city to be built in the desert, as it stands is a silly idea but they definitely wouldn't have built a city without a water source. I can kinda stretch my suspension of belief but when it came to the water runner who goes out then comes back to sell water, it's kind of weird because it's not really something that should be sold as it's essential for the sake of the city.
Oh hey, it's Markus, what's he doing here?
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaamer!
seinfeld.jpg
Oh hey, isn't that the guy I sprited for you? I always love waiting and seeing where the stuff I sprite show up when other people use them, I think Agro used one of mine too in his hack, you could see her in the E3 video. Ah, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
There's one pixel I goofed on in his forehead, when he blinks you can see one pixel change tones, kinda jarring imo. Sorry, it was my bad in the first place.
He's never spoken to her but he's her bodyguard? Man, I hope you somehow go into depth with that later on cause that could lead into some very good character development. Though, I was kinda scared when the map loaded and I saw a general standing next to Kalath, I was like, "da fuk?"
"And maybe you shouldn't always assume the worst from everyone!", personally I feel it should be worst OF everyone, but I suppose the first isn't really wrong, idk.
Haha, "pissy", I love that. One of my most favorite words, right after fuck.
Generals are now called Defenders? Okay..
Ah, the greenery on this map is sexy, I love it.
Oh my, I love the hair parting on the random Merc who shows up, could easily give him a really nice spikey 'do with that parting. :3
Magnolia's death quote is unchanged, I know I suck and she shouldn't die, but it's weird seeing Kalath and Mag call eath other Lyn and Florina.
'Defenders' have a new animation, nice.
Oh yay, more custom music, nice boss battle theme.
I swear in Cramer's battle animation he was wearing a white shirt, yet in his mug it's yellow?
Also..
seinfeld.jpg
Oh god, even in old-timey video games women are still obsessed with shopping. ;~;
Mm, Kalath's hair, I just want to touch it. '-'
I really like what you're doing overall with the water runners, it kinda makes sense overall and it is interesting and original. The whole groups who then fight over sources and stuff, it's good, but I just can't help but think how the city survives, where does it get it's money from to pay these guys for the water? Or do other people buy the water? If so, where do they get money? Is there trade in this city? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.. ;~;
God, Kale's friend with the green jacket never blinks, it's like he's staring into my soul. Not to mention he has an itch on his face he keeps trying to scratch. ._.
Ooooooh, he's blind. Is that why he doesn't blink? Creepy..
I was curious as to what the boss of chapter 2 looked like, as he wasn't shown in a cutscene, though as to what I've seen of your previous minimugs, I don't know what I was expecting. Though, I laughed at Lester's minimug, it was still a tad unsettling.
AHA! So Lester is a member of the "Ganelon" bandits? Looks like little miss Lester here is a friend of dear old Batta.
Female brigand? Nice touch, also loving the several uses of Tier0 classes. Nice to see some variety instead of the typical lord and cavalier.
The music that plays during Kalath's and Quinn's talk conversation, what is it? It's beautiful..
Ooooh, I see a potential future plotpoint with Quinny boy.
Aw, Kale got hit by the brigand and died. ;~; 36% to hit too, makes me sad..
Brigand girl, wow, her backstory sounds like it just crawled out of the brain of Shakespeare, how unfortunate, poor girl..
Mm, just now looking over FemBrigand's mug, there's parts where her hair meets skin above her eyebrows that have no shading, seems kinda weird, imo.
Ungh, the mugs are so smooth, so perfect, Katherine or whatever, I lyyyyyyyyyyke yo' hair.
"I'm Kale, I'm the one started throwing wet sand on your house", wut.
So many insults, not saying it's bad, but goddamn, everyone's a jerk at least once. xD
"Eh? But I saw here here at the inn." I chuckled.
"If you're into that sort of thing, I guess", oh brigandgirl, nothing wrong with a little cleric fetish. ;)
Fog of war and a sandstorm? Oh you, oh you precious thing.
Aw man, those poison weapons are a pain in the arse.
When Kale fights Om'bel or whatever, Kale states that he is "25, not twenty", just a tad weird when you spell out the number once then use the numerical characters for the other.
Aethalbald, now that's a mouthful.
Dogman says reccommend, now I know for sure that's not right.
Aw, we don't see the map of the greenery? I reckon it'd have been really beautiful, especially after having only seen desert maps so far.
Fucking Magnolia, like, argh, stop dying.
Oh my god, I really suck at these games. Fuck it, Om'bal, fuck you, stay dead you sack of shit like, my god. p_p
Oh my god, I hate those damn poison weapons. Pain in the fucking arse. b_b
OMG THE BOSS MOVES WHAT THE FUCK!?
I think it would be better to actually put the green armour on the girl rather than use the default soldier mug again, so that way we can at least follow who is who and stuff, otherwise she kinda just turned into a dude.
"Oh no, what you done, Rileh!", lolwut.
Amoung? Is that a word..
Rileh, says "fualt" after taking out the soldier.
And then blindy goes and dies. Ugh, calling it here.

Overall, it's a nice hack, loving the story so far, simple and nothing too complex at the start, eases you in. Characters are nice, developed nicely and each are individual. The setting is pleasent, maps are wonderful and the eventing is superb.
Keep it up.

Also..

259yiz9.png

Magnus' portrait is okay, his head seems a bit big for the body but I don't know, maybe it's just his nose. Either way his hair could use a little more detail.

That's because I made that sprite. :p

Though, for like a quick second after the teleport, Kalath turned into an NPC, no clue what that's about.

Sadly, yeah, I have to do that a few times, you figured out why.

"Call on the power one of the Imperials and still remain standing", kinda not sure if that's correct or not, feels weird to read.

I'll look at that scene again.

Liking the intention with the very closing scene, but it's weird cause all I see is Ninian. Not to mention again I saw her turn green, again. ._.

The map sprite isn't actually done yet(yell at agro if you want to, he also made Kalath's map sprite).

Overall, the chapter felt really well done. The scene work and the dialogue were really nice and the chapter felt really complete. The only real thing that bugs me more than it should is the mini-mugs.

Ah, the mini mugs. :>

I think when the dude is first mentioned, you have his name as "Izangi", not sure if I read it incorrectly or not, might just want to give it a quick skim over.

That's actually a different person entirely.

Okay, now, as far as I know people just didn't put cities wherever they wanted, at least not back in Medieval times which is essentially the period Fire Emblem appears to based within, so for a city to be built in the desert, as it stands is a silly idea but they definitely wouldn't have built a city without a water source. I can kinda stretch my suspension of belief but when it came to the water runner who goes out then comes back to sell water, it's kind of weird because it's not really something that should be sold as it's essential for the sake of the city.

The country wasn't always surrounded by desert... *ominous forshadowing*

Oh hey, it's Markus, what's he doing here?

No mug yet, forgot to mention that in the readme(I don't know how I managed to forget...)

He's never spoken to her but he's her bodyguard? Man, I hope you somehow go into depth with that later on cause that could lead into some very good character development. Though, I was kinda scared when the map loaded and I saw a general standing next to Kalath, I was like, "da fuk?"

Yeah that was the intention of that.

"And maybe you shouldn't always assume the worst from everyone!", personally I feel it should be worst OF everyone, but I suppose the first isn't really wrong, idk.

I'll check it out.

Generals are now called Defenders? Okay..

Actually, Defender is a General-esque class, I don't have a map sprite for it yet.

Magnolia's death quote is unchanged, I know I suck and she shouldn't die, but it's weird seeing Kalath and Mag call eath other Lyn and Florina.

Whoops I forgot to mention that too(I always forget these things).

I swear in Cramer's battle animation he was wearing a white shirt, yet in his mug it's yellow?

I wasn't a fan of the yellow on the animation, but I saw it fine on the mug, so... o 3o

I really like what you're doing overall with the water runners, it kinda makes sense overall and it is interesting and original. The whole groups who then fight over sources and stuff, it's good, but I just can't help but think how the city survives, where does it get it's money from to pay these guys for the water? Or do other people buy the water? If so, where do they get money? Is there trade in this city? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.. ;~;

Actual towns/cities buy the water, the country exports various materials(such as glass) and fossils to other countries.

Ooooooh, he's blind. Is that why he doesn't blink? Creepy..

Nope, blind people blink, Hugh doesn't. :p

I was curious as to what the boss of chapter 2 looked like, as he wasn't shown in a cutscene, though as to what I've seen of your previous minimugs, I don't know what I was expecting. Though, I laughed at Lester's minimug, it was still a tad unsettling.

That was the intention, there's more where that came from. :)

AHA! So Lester is a member of the "Ganelon" bandits? Looks like little miss Lester here is a friend of dear old Batta.

Goddamn it.

The music that plays during Kalath's and Quinn's talk conversation, what is it? It's beautiful..

Uh... Legend of the Dragon God.

Brigand girl, wow, her backstory sounds like it just crawled out of the brain of Shakespeare, how unfortunate, poor girl..

Not everyone's life is rainbows and butterflies... :<

Mm, just now looking over FemBrigand's mug, there's parts where her hair meets skin above her eyebrows that have no shading, seems kinda weird, imo.

Mug isn't actually finalized. o 3o

"I'm Kale, I'm the one started throwing wet sand on your house", wut.

House is on fire, sand is commonly used to put fire, so is water. He figured sand+water must work even better. :o

"Eh? But I saw here here at the inn." I chuckled.

Augh...

When Kale fights Om'bel or whatever, Kale states that he is "25, not twenty", just a tad weird when you spell out the number once then use the numerical characters for the other.

Yeah that's a derp.

Dogman says reccommend, now I know for sure that's not right.

Another derp...

OMG THE BOSS MOVES WHAT THE FUCK!?

If not, you could just javelin/magic him to death(although I found out recently you actually can quite easily...)

I think it would be better to actually put the green armour on the girl rather than use the default soldier mug again, so that way we can at least follow who is who and stuff, otherwise she kinda just turned into a dude.

Temporary mug, yeah.

"Oh no, what you done, Rileh!", lolwut.

Amoung? Is that a word..

Rileh, says "fualt" after taking out the soldier.

Damn it damn it damn it.

259yiz9.png

O_o

I mean I guess it's floor but that was unexpected, I'll look into that.

Replies are bolded, thanks for the feedback!

Also, are you playing fixed mode or normal mode?

Edited by Kitty of Time

Player phase music sounds awesome, fits the map. Though, is it original or did you add it in? Not sure if I heard it in FE but it sounds kinda familiar, weirdly..

I recognise it! That's Golden Sun music, from the Lamakan Desert! (And possibly the Suhalla desert as well; can't remember for certain, but I think they used the same music).

Text entry 0826:

[OpenMidLeft]
His name is [....]Izangi, he runs
a pub in the main city.[A]

Is there an Izangi and an Izanagi in the game? :S /confused

081E:

[OpenFarLeft][LoadFace][0x5C][0x01]
H-how could that girl possibly...[A]
Call on the power one of the
Imperials and still remain standing?[.][A]

IMO it should be "Call on the power of one of the"..

0851:

[OpenLeft]
Hahaha, I'm more surprised that
I couldn't recognize you.[A]
I'm Kale, I'm the one started
throwing wet sand on your house.[A]

"I'm the one who started throwing wet sand on your house", you missed the "who"..

^^
OMG, Golden Sun, so much nostalgia...

Yep. Fire Emblem, Golden Sun and Advance Wars; the three reasons I still look upon the GBA fondly.

Well anyway, that was the first track that plays during the prologue player phase. Next time I'll do more than test that the hack works before commenting, because I have no idea where the replacement one comes from (while Kalath is... under the influence).

Uh, Kitty of Time? I have no idea why, but 'SmartScreen Filter' seems to think the download is dangerous. I had to turn it off to be able to download this. I haven't had to do that for any other hack...

It's not a serious problem seeing as the hack seems to work fine on VBA and Gameboid (the latter being my preferred emulator, once I hex edit the .sav files so they actually work properly), but if you can't (or don't want to) fix it, then you may want to drop a note in the OP just to warn people in advance. Otherwise they may think you're trying to drop a virus on them and not actually bother temporarily disabling SS F.

...Wait? A Pirate? In a desert? I've heard of 'oceans of sand' before, but...

No doubt 'ships of the desert' camels are lurking just round the corner too...

...Interesting how Auster gets unique dialogue on visiting the village, but Magnolia doesn't. Either she's the only one who doesn't know of Auster's presumed illustrious past, or his being mute has drawn attention.

And I can't help but be amused at Mag's mini-mug. I like it! The angry chibi!

Edited by Wayward Winds

I recognise it! That's Golden Sun music, from the Lamakan Desert! (And possibly the Suhalla desert as well; can't remember for certain, but I think they used the same music).

Yes! Although, I wish I could get it to port better... :<

Text entry 0826:

Is there an Izangi and an Izanagi in the game? :S /confused

081E:

IMO it should be "Call on the power of one of the"..

0851:

"I'm the one who started throwing wet sand on your house", you missed the "who"..

^^

er... whoops @everything

Yep. Fire Emblem, Golden Sun and Advance Wars; the three reasons I still look upon the GBA fondly.

Well anyway, that was the first track that plays during the prologue player phase. Next time I'll do more than test that the hack works before commenting, because I have no idea where the replacement one comes from (while Kalath is... under the influence).

FE6!

Uh, Kitty of Time? I have no idea why, but 'SmartScreen Filter' seems to think the download is dangerous. I had to turn it off to be able to download this. I haven't had to do that for any other hack...

It's not a serious problem seeing as the hack seems to work fine on VBA and Gameboid (the latter being my preferred emulator, once I hex edit the .sav files so they actually work properly), but if you can't (or don't want to) fix it, then you may want to drop a note in the OP just to warn people in advance. Otherwise they may think you're trying to drop a virus on them and not actually bother temporarily disabling SS F.

That is the oddest thing, it's just mediafire...

Idk, I'll look into it, but I have no idea how that happened.

...Wait? A Pirate? In a desert? I've heard of 'oceans of sand' before, but...

No doubt 'ships of the desert' camels are lurking just round the corner too...

I was totally not just trying to not have a brigand/fighter as the first actual boss :x

Edited by Kitty of Time

'FE6!'

...Ah. No wonder I didn't recognise it. I'm slowly slogging my way through that monster, but with all the fan hacks distracting me..!

(Not that I mind. Until these updated FE6 translation patches start popping up, I doubt I'll pass Durandal's cave anytime soon).

...Short Spear doesn't have 1-2 range anymore? Oops, sorry Mag! (I'm going to store up my comments like NICKT does now, I think you'd rather a mass influx of them than the dribble approach.)

Short spear is actually in reference to FE5's "Short Lance"(does this means there's a Long Spear and a Great Spear, who knows), so it was never actually a GBA Short Spear(sorry if that caused some confusion).

I should be getting back to FE6A at some point, I just wanted to re-work all that I was doing with it.

Edited by Kitty of Time

'FE6!'

...Ah. No wonder I didn't recognise it. I'm slowly slogging my way through that monster, but with all the fan hacks distracting me..!

(Not that I mind. Until these updated FE6 translation patches start popping up, I doubt I'll pass Durandal's cave anytime soon).

...Short Spear doesn't have 1-2 range anymore? Oops, sorry Mag! (I'm going to store up my comments like NICKT does now, I think you'd rather a mass influx of them than the dribble approach.)

Play and just jot them down on Notepad as you play. It's good because it allows you to quickly put down every thought that crosses your mind.

Okay, nearly through Ch. 6 and I plan to get as far through the 'unwinnable' Ch. 7 as I can. Do you want me to post up any typos I've seen when I'm done?

There's also a couple of other curio's I've spotted so far. For example, the status screen doesn't react to Kalath being shoved back to lv. 1 until Ch. 4; for Ch. 1, Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 it continues to insist she's lv. 10 with 24hp. Another one (I'll post screenshots of this later to help you locate it); one of the knights in Ch. 6 looks fine... until you check the status screen. Then, if you look down at the bottom left corner at its map sprite, you'll notice it's apparently been promoted to a General! (In the status screen only). Might be something to do with that Arms Scroll...

Anyway, I'll post other such curios, glitches and comments in general later. Plus the typos if that's okay (under spoiler tags).

Play and just jot them down on Notepad as you play. It's good because it allows you to quickly put down every thought that crosses your mind.

...Or my Android's Memo. I'm using Gameboid, not VBA. That way I don't have to sit at a computer to play it.

Edited by Wayward Winds

Okay, nearly through Ch. 6 and I plan to get as far through the 'unwinnable' Ch. 7 as I can. Do you want me to post up any typos I've seen when I'm done?

There's also a couple of other curio's I've spotted so far. For example, the status screen doesn't react to Kalath being shoved back to lv. 1 until Ch. 4; for Ch. 1, Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 it continues to insist she's lv. 10 with 24hp. Another one (I'll post screenshots of this later to help you locate it); one of the knights in Ch. 6 looks fine... until you check the status screen. Then, if you look down at the bottom left corner at its map sprite, you'll notice it's apparently been promoted to a General! (In the status screen only). Might be something to do with that Arms Scroll...

Anyway, I'll post other such curios, glitches and comments in general later. Plus the typos if that's okay (under spoiler tags).

...Or my Android's Memo. I'm using Gameboid, not VBA. That way I don't have to sit at a computer to play it.

Typos are the bane of my existence, so yes! Post every one and hopefully I already found them(though probably not).

That's a strange issue, I've never seen that occur with Kalath, what does her description say? And what's her sword rank?

Oh right, the knight map sprite, must have forgotten to fix that, thank you.

Arms Scroll has nothing to do with it(although I might be able to get rid of it entirely thankfully).

Yeah, post everything you find that is not right! Thank you.

Allright, I think I messed up somehow in Chapter 6.

I talked to Catalena with both Magnolia and Kalath, but she refuses to join. Also, I didn't get the Sahara Blade, which looks like it can be gained in Chapter 6.

Allright, I think I messed up somehow in Chapter 6.

I talked to Catalena with both Magnolia and Kalath, but she refuses to join. Also, I didn't get the Sahara Blade, which looks like it can be gained in Chapter 6.

Actually, Catalena can't be recruited with just the two of them, it requires a third person. If you can't figure it out, just move on, Catalena is recruitable in another chapter(as a lance cavalier), and by then you should be able to guess who the third person is.

For the Sahara Blade, look at the screenshot posted carefully, it gives a hint to who has to do what in order to obtain it.

side note: thanks for using spoiler tags, haha.

First post has been updated with a master Readme that is automatically updated.

Edited by Kitty of Time

Heh, yeah, Catalena was a nuisance to recruit - there isn't exactly a hint as to who that third person is. I managed it, by accident, when she was down to 2hp, and the blighter doesn't carry a vulnerary and thus never retreats! Ouch!

...I'll have the mass feedback ready sometime tomorrow. I'm busy sorting out the 150 odd screenshots into a somewhat smaller number of MS Paint merged images, and organising it under successive layers of spoiler tabs so you can just jump to the required section instead of trawling right down the list. Fun fun fun! (Sarcasm mode off)

Edited by Wayward Winds

Heh, yeah, Catalena was a nuisance to recruit - there isn't exactly a hint as to who that third person is. I managed it, by accident, when she was down to 2hp, and the blighter doesn't carry a vulnerary and thus never retreats! Ouch!

...I'll have the mass feedback ready sometime tomorrow. I'm busy sorting out the 150 odd screenshots into a somewhat smaller number of MS Paint merged images, and organising it under successive layers of spoiler tabs so you can just jump to the required section instead of trawling right down the list. Fun fun fun! (Sarcasm mode off)

Now that I think about it, I guess the hint isn't so obvious(it's more obvious if you played the older version of LoC I suppose), so I'll go and tweak that so you're able to figure it out a bit easier.

All right then, I guess I'll look forward to those 150 screens :o

Okey dokey, done! Time to drown you in screenshots! (You're going to hate me by the time you get to the bottom of this lot).

...Note I haven’t played any of the previous versions, so I have no idea what was carried over and what’s new.

In general...

Good! The story is simple enough to follow, doesn’t drown you in names (e.g. as The Last Promise does at the start; without a map, that’s not the best thing to do), and pretty much avoids the usual FE startup plots of bandits or evil invading empires. There are some interesting concepts; a moving castle isn’t entirely new, but I’ve never seen a desert where Oases are constantly in motion, forcing you to search for them if you want to keep drinking. Not to mention the whole Water Runner idea.

Characters are unique in personality, although perhaps a couple of them are a little on the one dimensional side at the moment. Given that we’re only seven chapters in, that will change with time anyway. I like how many optional ‘Talk’ conversations you’ve put in, it really helps flesh things out.

Difficulty wise, it seems to flip flop a little. The Prologue was understandably a cakewalk, Ch. 1 promptly chucked you into the defensive deep end, then it reverted to being challenging but fair for Ch. 2 and Ch. 3. Then Ch.4 seemed rather... easy, Ch. 5 back to challenging but fair... and Ch. 6 decided to hop up a difficulty cliff (although that was more one or two particular things. More on that below).

I like seeing all the different types of Cavalier and Knight, but it would be nice if the Knights could be distinguished on the map rather than having to check their equipment screen. I did notice the Axe Cavalier sprite though.

And lastly (before I dive into the chapter by chapter feedback), as much as the continuous desert levels seem to limit scenery diversity, I actually think it’s quite good. We’re learning about a setting in detail, not just rushing by on our way to the next. Although I’d suggest tying the desert up by Ch. 10, or it may start getting monotonous.

Imported non-FE music I spotted;

>Lamakan Desert from Golden Sun (used for player phases in the Prologue and Ch. 5)

>Ship Graveyard from Final Fantasy 5 (pops up for part of Ch. 4’s opening cutscene)

>Fuchin Falls cave/Crossbone Isle cave, also from Golden Sun (plays during enemy phase for Ch. 5)

Note: I’m only going to point out spelling or grammar errors if NICKT hasn’t, and I’m fairly certain it is an error. I’m also not repeating NICKT’s general comments.

Prologue – A Desert Dream

Hmm, good way to start the story. It’s certainly more interesting than the typical bandit raid or imperial scouting/pursuit party. And I was not annoyed to hear Golden Sun music; always good to know I’m not the only fan left!

Glitches and Typos

LeagueofASDF-Prologue-Glitch_zps22a042c2

During a third look at the Prologue, this Mage decided to spawn right next to Kalath instead of his normal spot. Odd.

LeagueofASDF-Prologue-Typos_zps4a893b8b.

‘I before E, except after C’. Okay, so that saying is wrong more often than not, but in this case it should be ‘wield’.

Chapter 1 – Shifting Ties

Okay, I like Magnolia’s portrait very much. It’s also nice to see Kalath has alternative portraits – better than watching a woman in full armour shopping for groceries or something (yes, well, it could happen...).

LeagueofASDF-ch1-Commentary_zps77e2c2ec.

...Hmm, that Temple/pyramid. That’s out of place (looks nice, but I suspect it’s more than just scenery – and no, I’m not buying the “emergency healing spot” story).

Glitches and Typos

LeagueofASDF-ch1-typosandglitches_zps905

1. ...Okay, so I could have just used a Vulnerary, but no. Apparently standing on a Village tile now heals you. Never seen that before. (It even does it after you’ve visited the village and the gates are closed. And I spotted it happening in other chapters too.)
  2. Treause? Or ‘Treasure’?
  3. I think ‘You were’ would work better here.
  4. Okay, I’m griping here, but isn’t ‘body guard’ one word?

Chapter 2 – Liquid Gold

Well, this chapter was moderately difficult, considering Quinn was a one hit wonder and Lester had the defence of an Armour Knight, but overall not bad. The number of ‘Talk’ conversations is a nice touch and helps fill out an otherwise relatively uneventful map. And I’ve already praised the idea of moving water features!

Glitches and Typos

LeagueofASDF-ch2typos_zps69328087.png

1. Impaired
  2. I think you meant to put ‘one’.
  3. Challenge time! Spot the out of place CAPITAL LETTER!
  4. Possibly ‘those kinds of thoughts’?
  5. Supposedly, there’s a sneaky little I that kicked the E out of this word and took its place. Now I wonder where that could be?
  6. I before E again...
  7. Would ‘it’ be a better word than ‘they’ given the context?

One last glitch – I play with autocursor turned off, which may be why, on starting this chapter, the cursor started off screen. It fixes itself with a simple tap of the ‘L’ button.

Chapter 3 – Howl of the Moon

Hmm, very nice concepts here! The suspicious tile up in the top right (you know the one I mean!) distracted me for a while, before the truth came out in the ending scene.

The only other thing is; Kale mentions using poison weapons against Om’bel. I would have thought that would mean a certain nomad dropping his Venin Sword, and then having to use that against the boss. But as it was it was a nice concept that went nowhere. Maybe in an update?

LeagueofASDF-Ch3-SpeedyBrigand_zps1576cb

Uh, Elle? You do know Brigands are supposed to be doubled by Mercenaries, don’t you?

Glitches and Typos

LeagueofASDF-Glitchch3_zpsefc40fe9.png

1. Here’s the weird status screen thing I reported earlier. Despite Kaleth being shoved back to level 1 when the prologue ended, the status screen didn’t register so for some time.
  2. ...Except, it worked properly on a later look. Funny...

LeagueofASDF-Typos-Ch3_zps65dc8f7a.png

1. Last word; ‘too’.
  2. Would ‘looks familiar’ work better? Alternatively; I’d swear their emblem looked familiar.
  3. Missing an ‘e’ from ‘believe’!
  4. As [‘s] is short for ‘is’, we’ve got a redundant ‘is’ here. So, either “What’s this sorcery”, or “What is this sorcery”.
  5. ...I think ‘no where’ is one word. (Think...)
  6. Funny. Never knew ‘though’ had two o’s!

...And the cursor started somewhere off screen again.

Chapter 4 – Challenge for Truth

Frankly, this chapter was just a bit on the easy side. Even splitting the party yielded no problems, and Magnolia was polishing enemies off left and right! I was also expecting more than three enemy reinforcements, even ambush spawning as they were didn’t cause any real problems.

LeagueofASDF-Commentary-Ch4_zps7b9be8bd.

1. Four (or five) different scripts for this house, depending on who visits? That’s dedication to detail!
  2. ...I’m getting the distinct impression of power discrepancy here.
  3. Confident, aren’t we? Especially considering...
  4. ...Auster’s laughing at your pitiful armorslayer! (Silently of course...)

Glitches and Typos

LeagueofASDF-Glitches-Ch4_zps6750d3b2.pn

Oh, look what finally corrected itself! (Maybe the battle preparations screen gave it a boot or something)

LeagueofASDF-Typos-Ch4_zps639c97f2.png

1. Would it be better to start that first sentence off with an ‘It’?
  2. That second apostrophe is out of place. As it stands it reads ‘known for it is blacksmiths’.
  3. Relative – only one ‘a’.
  4. ...I feel this one would read better as two sentences. But that might be just me...

...Around about this point, I started noticing something else strange. Namely, unlike most FE’s or FE hack’s, the random seed thingy that governs battles seems to reset on resuming. While this doesn’t have any effect on level up stat gains, it does allow for an exploit regarding battles.

Say you’ve just lost a character thanks to an enemy Myrmidon getting a critical hit on you. If you reset the emulator before the map pops up, select resume to run through the battle again, you’ll likely find the myrmidon... doesn’t get a critical this time round. Hey presto, your character likely survives. It doesn’t seem to work on regular hit rates, just criticals. And yes, it can work against you too –if for example you wanted to see Magnolia inexplicably polishing off a boss again with a critical, it probably won’t work the second time round.

Chapter 5 – Sandy Visions

Great opening scenes here! Using the generic soldier for Rileh’s disguise might actually work, given that it adds legitimacy to Kale and Om’bel’s misidentification later.

LeagueofASDF-Commentary-ch51_zps8e89984c

1. For someone who lives in a desert, Mag, you seem awfully ignorant of how the temperature plummets at night!
  2. Coming out with a Bolt may have been a mistake, don’t you think Mr. Mage?
  3. More conversations! And they’re still worth reading!
  4. Okay, I knew you looked suspicious!
  5. Your evasion’s rubbish though. You’re being beaten by a Recruit for heaven’s sake!
  6. ...Sheesh, this was a nasty surprise! A poison javelin?
  7. ...Says the man who brought an Axereaver to the party.

LeagueofASDF-Commentary-ch52_zps0bc9860e

1. I see your Axereaver and raise you one Armorslayer...
  2. Right, everyone line up for a natter! (Just checking I didn’t miss any ‘talk’ convo’s).
  3. Hey, new background!
  4. Oh, so you’re a noble. Guess that explains the bodyguard. And why a villager called you ‘Lady Magnolia’ earlier. And the whole ‘gone back to the castle with Auster’ thing.

...Guess I’m rubbish at joining the dots...

Glitches and Typos

LeagueofASDF-Typos-ch5_zps5695c56d.png

1. You’re ‘taleneted’? Not talented?
  2. ...checking up on me.
  3. ‘He’d better quit it’?
  4. I’d say the ‘s’ and ‘n’ of ‘wasn’t’ must have had a drunken dance or something, because they seem to be in each other’s spot!
  5. ...caliber. Only Soul Calibur spells it that way (as far as I know).
  6. Kale should be ‘concerned’ about his spelling.
  7. ...Okay, this one just seems off to me. It makes it sound like they’re library books. Perhaps something like “I’m a better person to ask than Mag”?
  8. I wouldn’t have to risk this if you weren’t so cowardly.

Chapter 6 – Sisterly Love

Ouch! Difficulty cliff warning! It seems that if you don’t have the weapon triangle on your side for this chapter, you’ll only do scratch damage... if you’re lucky. Plus Renee seems to have the resistance of wet toilet paper.

LeagueofASDF-ch6-Commentary1_zpsa7a67f4b

1. Snigger... Keep those comments coming Mag!
  2. ...Just wait ‘till you learn that it happens to be Shinziki’s sister blade...
  3. Don’t worry ‘Kala’. I’m sure you’ll get your own back... some day.
  4. Oh, nice villager portrait. Or more likely, important character for somewhere down the line...
  5. Yeah, whatever mate.
  6. Funny. No mini-mug for Catalena? No wonder she’s so upset!
  7. I guess this is the ‘glasses come off’ moment? Oh, wait, that’s every time she blinks.
  8. Auster, don’t listen to him. That way only holds frustration! (Unless you picked her up before even getting here). Speaking of which...
  9. ...Do you have any idea who you’re talking to Mister? Or should she give her glasses to you?!

LeagueofASDF-ch6-Commentary2_zps970e80aa

1. You tell her, Mag! That was a difficult battle...
  2. ...Because of this nuisance right here! (I lost count of how many times Renee fell to this pest...)
  3. Interesting portrait. Shifty. And I like how we’ve actually got someone of a different ethnicity to plain old white here!
  4. Frankly, missy, you look better without them. But then, I wear glasses all the time as well!

Glitches and Typos

LeagueofASDF-ch6-TyposandGlitches1_zpsb9

1. ...and maybe warrant some as well.
  2. Oh no Merlinus did not!
  3. That would be honorable (or honourable for me, but I’m sticking to the USA spelling here).
  4. Okay, glitch time! Note this Knight...
  5. ...who likes to believe himself a General (bottom left)...
  6. ...especially when moving!
  7. ...safety.
  8. It could have gone a lot better too! (okay, that's quibbling)
  9. ...Why do you think there’s a merchant called Merlinus around?

LeagueofASDF-ch6-TyposandGlitches2_zps99

1. no better than she’? Or perhaps ‘no better than her’?
  2. Strange. I didn’t notice an ocean around here! (Happens when someone attacks while on decking).
  3. ...And if she steps on your blade, she’s in even more trouble!
  4. Uh, Kalath? Why ‘appriciate’ the enthusiasm when you can ‘appreciate’ it instead?
  5. Okay, this sentence doesn’t make much sense to me. Unless, possibly, if it became ‘convince the Fafnir Resistance of this news’.
  6. ...captured or killed?
  7. Well, no wonder no one’s heard of you if you’re not renowned.
  8. That first ‘your’ might want to lose an ‘r’.
  9. I don’t know about ‘preformers’ (sounds like school kids to me), but I’m not sure a performer would be much help either.

Oh, and I believe the cursor tried starting off screen again.

Chapter 7 – Barriers and Borders

Hmm, so we don’t get a map after all? Just an infinite cycle of Ch. 7’s opening? Well, glad I’ve been save stating the beginning of every chapter so far. Other than that, interesting developments. Can’t wait for the next bit!

The last typo...

LeagueofASDF-ch7-Typo_zpse5c9d5be.png

There’s another ‘i’ in ‘criteria.

(By the way, if you’re fed up of reading my... proofreading, this might make you feel better; http://blog.hubspot.com/14-worst-typos-ever)

Mini-Mugs! (Don’t expect seriousness in here!)

LeagueofASDF-MiniMugs_zpsa5d8a333.png

Kalath... well, it works.

Magnolia, I love this one! Even if you end up changing the rest (not that I’m saying you should), I think this one should remain the same.

Kale... uh, who’s been scribbling on your face?

Elle – oh look, return of Manrika!

I quite like Katie’s, crude though it may be.

Rileh and Jacklyn, have you two been scouting out The Last Promise by any chance?

As for Dorothy... I think the Joker’s got a new rival (shivers).

Renee... I’m guessing the shades make the... woman? Been playing a bit of Project Z lately have we?

...And poor old Catalena’s left out again.

Lester, the new posterboy for Ribena! (blackcurrant squash, not sure if it’s over in America)

...You’re not fooling anyone Izanagi. We can see right through your ‘cunning disguise’.

And Olson; return of Mr. Blueberry!

...Aaannnd post Ch. 6 character stats (Just in case you want to use them for balancing purposes)

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Kalath_zpsa27a9a1a.pn

Kalath turned out generally useable, but nothing special. For one thing, she rarely doubled at any point. And unless something happens to boost that speed cap soon, she’s not going to.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Magnolia_zpsbbf9d764.

Useless during her first chapter, but somehow proved very useful for Ch. 4 to 6. And now she’s promoted, she actually has reasonable stat caps. Now if only she’d stop getting disappointing level ups...

Note; she got a Skill Book at some point.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Auster_zps50703fb1.pn

Barely used him... except on Ch. 1 where Magnolia’s lack of durability made him essential (or Kalath would have been swamped), and on Ch. 6 where he made a handy roadblock.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Kale_zpsf91a2981.png

Surprisingly competent the whole way through (I don’t usually have much luck with Mercenaries – at least, unless they happen to be called Kolbane), but was generally outshone by Elle. Speaking of which...

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Elle_zpsbfea99f0.png

What has Elle been eating? Her stats look much the same as the rest of the party, and yet she was absolutely murdering the opposition by comparison. That ‘doubling a Mercenary’ picture above? That wasn’t a one off, or anything close. And this was despite getting an empty level in Ch. 4.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Quinn_zpsaf30a0f7.png

Quinn... lives up to the squishy mage image. Once you get the hang of the different quirks of the anima spells, he’s pretty competent. Until then though, he’s tricky to use.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Katie_zpsbfd1a11b.png

Typical healer really, not much to say. She did seem to get better levels than certain other characters though.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Ombel_zpsc6167d81.png

...I hope he’s going to pick up more defence later, and possibly see a dentist as well, because despite the generally good stats... he can’t fight squat. He reliably doubles, but doing or taking damage well seems to be anathema to him.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Dorothy_zps8e02491f.p

Uh, move along. Nothing to see here. (Included for completion’s sake)

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Rileh_zpsf027c699.png

Rileh’s actually pretty good. She reliably doubles, reliably does good damage (even against Knights!) and doesn’t tend to get hit too badly if you accidentally let the enemy reach her. She reminds me of Do5’s Crowe performance wise...

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Renee_zpsab81df57.png

Renee, Renee, Renee, what am I going to do with you? There’s a particular Mage in Ch. 6 who’s a pest to everyone with his Bolt tome... but he can reliably kill her off in one battle, from full health. That alone made her very difficult to use. Otherwise, she’s not bad. But unless you can chuck her into a chokepoint situation without any Mages anywhere in the vicinity, she might as well be sandworm bait.

LeagueofASDF-Stats-Catalena_zpsba3d63c3.

...And then we have Katarena, an absolute nuisance to recruit. I can’t really say much about her, because I got to use her on a single enemy soldier... and her sister. Plus I immediately loaded her up with lances, which I believe I shouldn’t have done because she’s supposed to be a pure sword cavalier. Oops. Still, I can’t deny she made mincemeat of her sister with a Horseslayer.

...And that’s it. Hope I haven’t sent you completely to sleep!

Edited by Wayward Winds

Difficulty

I don't know if I've said this before, but I've had very limited playtesting(No one I've asked has really been able to), so most of it has been from my judgement, this release was actually supposed to serve as a beta testing experiement. If you can help me on the aspects of why certain chapters were harder than others, while others were easy, that'd be really helpful!
A note on Auster, his stats are specifically designed to make training Magnolia (and Kalath in Chapter 1)much easier. I'm not sure if that was obvious, but that is mainly the reason for that difficulty. I will probably lower Cramer's speed, it's kind of really high...
Cursor Glitch I can't really do anything about(or maybe I can, I'll mess around with the prologue and see what I can do).

Class types

I may or may not have stated this as well, but I actually don't have the specific map sprites for the armored knights, I only have Cavaliers at this point... My apologies about that ^^; I could use my crappier ones from an earlier version of LoC until I get better ones I suppose though.

Scenery

You're out of Aethna(that's the name of that specific continent) by the end of chapter 9.

Prologue

Truth be told, that opening was created on a whim, and then edited later on, so that's good that the general reception is good!
Mage Glitch I've never seen before, but I think I know how to fix that, thank you!
Spelling errors will be fixed, nothing new there. ^^;

Chapter 1

Magnolia is intended to have an alternate portrait as well, it just... doesn't exist yet. :o
The temple was supposed to be the place where Kalath wakes up actually, I sort of forgot you could heal with it lol.
1 is not a glitch, that was done by me intentionally. I've always felt that villages should heal you as well, so I did that. Taverns also heal you(alchohol heals all ailments... or something).
2-4 will be fixed!

Chapter 2

Originally Lester had lower stats(back when Quinn was just a mage), so that's probably why his stats are higher, adjustments will be made!
It's not entirely uneventful though, there are desert items! This comes into play actually for your chapter 3 comment.
1-7 Will be fixed!

Chapter 3

Kale mentions this because you get a poison weapon in the previous chapter. It's not required to beat the boss as you know, but it makes it a lot easier(and serves as a warning for when you have Om'bel on your team).
Elle is kind of crazy, I might have to nerf her(I think you're playing fixed mode.)
That glitch is the oddest thing I've seen yet, I'll have to look into that!
1-6 will be fixed! 2 is supposed to be looks, yes.

Chapter 4

I'll have to mess with difficulty. And the ambush spawn wasn't supposed to be dickish, just surprising.
1: Yes, there are 4(Elle/Kale/Auster/Anyone else)!
2: I'm not sure I understand...
3/4: Izanagi thinks he's still in his prime, shame he hasn't realized the truth yet...
Stat screen: more than likely the battle prep fixed that, yeah.
1 - Although it isn't exactly correct in writing, people to speak like that, so that may or may not be changed.
2 - Yep, my 11th grade english teacher would yell at me for that one haha.
3 - Will be fixed!
4 - You're probably right. Tbh, I've had an issue with the line but put off messing around with it.

Variable RNG comes with the Fixed level ups(blame Alex for that), although I find it like a second chance essentially. I personally always hated enemies getting lucky criticals and forcing me to restart the chapter(save states are laaaaaaaame), so it gives you a second roll of the dice so to speak.

Chapter 5

1 - That'd be the result of being a coddled little noble. :>
2 - Magic has its pros and cons!
3 - It's nice to know people go for those things.
4 - A class card may be on mail order at some point(although all the GBA games use that card and cavaliers can use swords too...)

2 - Did you get Kale and Om'bel? :o

1-6,8: Derp
7: Hmm... Probably, I'll adjust that.

Chapter 6

6 - Try visiting with different characters!
9 - I need to mess with that conversation obvious haha

2 - Yeah, he's sort of annoying...
4 - She does, but I don't know if contacts exist in this time period...(I wear glasses too...!)

1 - I looked at the every time I play the chapter, but couldn't figure out if it was right or wrong D:
2 - I have no idea why her level is reading incorrectly--wait that's not what you're pointing out, goddamn ittttttttttt
3 - Will fix!
4/5/6 - Explain above, will get a temportary solution
7 - welp
8 - Agree, will fix
9 - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 - No better than she, yeah
2 - I don't know, I saw that myself and wtf'd, I have no idea how to fix that
3 - I'm pretty sure steping to your blade means the same thing as challenging someone, I may have to check that again
4 - derp
5 - news isn't actually supposed to be there, derp
6/7/8/9 - welp

odd, don't know what the cursor is doing

Chapter 7:

Damn it, not even a chapter and still a typo XD

Everything else

Mnis just aren't done(well the ones that don't match the rest).
I have to say that Izanagi's was inspired by Captain Crunch.

Stats I actually only need if you're not played fixed mode(since I can calculate the stats), just the level for those is needed!
Om'bel gets more weapons(they're kind of like grills now that I think about it...)

Renee I think needs a level buff or two.

Catalena I already posted about in the readme, but yep, abuse it while you can!(Although Paladins follow the trend of FE8, so you'll get the lance (or sword) regardless).

That was more fun than I thought it would be!
Thank you!

Edited by Kitty of Time

Poor Renee can't seem to catch a break.

Also, now that I did Chapter 6 correctly, I must say thy I've really enjoyed the hack so far. I mean, you made desert chapters fun.

In a Fire Emblem game.

That's quite the accomplishment.

And I'm always free to beta test stuff. I seem to have a knack for finding the strangest bugs in ROM hacks.

I completed the six chapters and I must agree with Shugey, you deserve credit for making desert chapters fun. About dificulty, I thought that chapter 1 was a bit too difficult for a second chapter ( or maybe it felt that way because I didn't want to kill anyone with the mute guy) but all the other ones had the right dificulty IMO. Although, one thing I thought was weird was the conversation between Kale and someone that mentioned Om'bel being weak to venin weapons but I hadn't any venin weapons and no enemy dropped one. BTW, Magnolia rocks or mine is just blessed

Although, one thing I thought was weird was the conversation between Kale and someone that mentioned Om'bel being weak to venin weapons but I hadn't any venin weapons and no enemy dropped one.

If you check back at the response to my monster feedback post, apparently we're supposed to get a venin sword during chapter 2. I'm assuming it's buried in the desert somewhere, because I never saw it - and I only picked up a vulnerary from those sands. Granted, I didn't actually go searching...

Poor Renee can't seem to catch a break.

And I'm always free to beta test stuff. I seem to have a knack for finding the strangest bugs in ROM hacks.

Renee needs more Res, or another point or two of health when she joins. Because otherwise, unless you've managed to lure and kill off a certain Bolt equipped Mage, she's not even going to survive Ch. 6 without being held way back from any combat.

And, Kitty of Time, I'd suggest asking anyone who's shown interest (NICKT, Shugey, Warg and me, at least going on who actually posts in this thread) to beta, at least until more people start popping up and you can pick and choose. We'll all be playing in slightly different ways, we'll all spot different issues.

...Out of curiosity, what does ASDF stand for? (As I go to rename the patched ROM/attached .sav's 'League of Champions')

Edited by Wayward Winds