FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, okay. I just was hoping I wouldn't have to edit them to loop properly (and whatever else you need to do), but I have no idea how easy(very?) that is to do anyway lol

-goes to look up sound editing programs-

Or would the music loops be set up by FEXNA itself?

Edited by L95

Oh, what music will be included with the release?

(EX: FE7 soundtrack? FE8?)

If it's running .oggs, like Klok implied once, you can basically have whatever music you want pretty readily.

Even if the music you download is in the "wrong" format, you can still batch alter to a new format with a bevy of available programs.

I was more worried about editing the music than the format :B

(Though I assume this is something that'll be covered in whatever tutorial, anyway)

Edited by L95

For those who're asking about the release date or stuff. Snowboarding Eckesachs (aka Myke) posted in Yeti's forum that possibly the engine will be released on August.

66181e00be.png

Maybe it will be released on August, maybe not.

Have a good day, everyone.

For those who're asking about the release date or stuff. Snowboarding Eckesachs (aka Myke) posted in Yeti's forum that possibly the engine will be released on August.

Maybe it will be released on August, maybe not.

Have a good day, everyone.

While that is nice, they are referring to their next demo of FE7x. FEE3 hype?

As far as I know, FEXNA will either be released alongside the release of FE7x or after it (that said, they are still going with "no planned release date", so just stick to that)

When It's Done

Edited by Tryhard

• 3 weeks later...

Since the strength/magic split is already in,(I think), and it is possible to add your own animations(I think),I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to include the relationship system from FE4?

2. Is there a map size limit in FEXNA?

3. Is it possible to change promotion data, like instead of promotional items, when a unit gets to level 20,they promote, and continue to level 30?

4. And what about capturing units, and making escape maps?

Edited by Baldo45

Anything is possible with FEXNA. Will yeti include it though? No, add it yourself.

No. Even this map can be used in FEXNA. Also FEXNA isn't slowed down by the number of units on map (Or at least, not appreciably) so that's a thing.

3. Is it possible to change promotion data, like instead of promotional items, when a unit gets to level 20,they promote, and continue to level 30?

Autopromotion is included by default in FEXNA. (I'm pretty sure it is anyway)

Everyone wants this, including me. It'll probably be in post release if anything, not first release.

Since the strength/magic split is already in,(I think), and it is possible to add your own animations(I think),I have some questions:

All of this is possible you just have to code it in

That is one huge map! Skills,maps of any size, autopromotion, and custom classes? I can't wait to try this!

Will there be a tutorial to adding your own features in FEXNA?

Hopefully I would actually be able to do something with this programming-wise, though I don't specifically know C#.

maybe

Would you rather program in ARM?

That is one huge map! Skills,maps of any size, autopromotion, and custom classes? I can't wait to try this!

You know you can do most of that on a rom too right?

No. Learn about C# and the XNA engine

Learning a bit of C# is the way to this.

No. Even this map can be used in FEXNA. Also FEXNA isn't slowed down by the number of units on map (Or at least, not appreciably) so that's a thing.

call me a stickler, but if exxucus made a map like that for an xna game, why wouldn't he make his own tiles that would help with the tilespam(2+ tile bridges i'm looking at you). I mean if he didn't then obviously it doesn't come into account

//off topic

What about importing music from other FE games like on SNES? Is that possible as well?

The engine can process and use .ogg .mp3 and .wav files so get one of those

call me a stickler, but if exxucus made a map like that for an xna game, why wouldn't he make his own tiles that would help with the tilespam(2+ tile bridges i'm looking at you). I mean if he didn't then obviously it doesn't come into account

//off topic

No, I was saying if you wanted to, you could use that map in FEXNA. I'm saying big maps are doable.

The engine can process and use .ogg .mp3 and .wav files so get one of those

Except only .ogg files have loop point support currently working in the engine and that's not going to change for the forseeable future IIRC. The other two are usable but .ogg is the superior format anyway so just use that.