A harder Pokemon Emerald

Mighty Kamina

I've been sick and bored recently so I decided to make a hard mode to Pokemon Emerald. (Increased enemy levels, change of line-ups and movesets, etc) I have done a test run of it, and it's doable but I do admit that some parts can be pretty brutal. (Mostly during the late game) However there are more changes than just difficulty.

Change Log for V1:

- Most (I'm not saying all because I may have missed one or two) Pokemon that evolve by trade now evolve by level up.

- Different Pokemon are found on routes, or in caves. (EX: You can find Houndour on the Jagged path, or Larvitar in the desert)

- A very large majority of trainers (I probably missed a few, so again, not all) have higher level Pokemon and or different Pokemon.

- Some base stats have been changed to make up for the absence of the Special/Physical split in the GBA games (EX: Feraligatr now has a base special attack stat of 95)

- You start out with one of the Johto Starters.

- Move pools for a number of Pokemon have been tweaked. (Ex: Quilava learns Extrasensory via level up now, rather than by breeding)

- Something special will happen if you use a Sun Stone on Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon.

- Specific trainers of the Rich Boy, and the Lady class have Pokemon that are holding special items, so thief can come in handy. (Forgot to to mention this earlier.)

Change Log for V1.1:

- Some Minor move pool tweaks

- Fixed three trouble trainers I found while looking through the rom.

Change Log for V1.5:

- Almost every trainer has now been edited. (At least 95%, I have noticed I missed a few early game trainers, but I'll fix them later.)

- Evolutionary stones are now held by certain wild pokemon.

Change Log for V1.8:

- Tweaked a decent number of trainers.

- Some more move pool tweaks.

Patch Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5yewanebkvzfk8o/Pokemon+Emerald+Hard+Mode+V1.8.ips

If there are any errors or bugs that I missed, I would appreciate being informed.

Edited by Kamina

I've been sick, and bored recently so I decided to make a hard mode to Pokemon Emerald. (Increased enemy levels, change of line-ups and movesets, etc) I have done a test run of it, and it's doable but I do admit that some parts can be pretty brutal. However there are more changes than just difficulty.

Change Log for V1:

- Most (I'm not saying all because I may have missed one or two) Pokemon that evolve by trade now evolve by level up.

- Different Pokemon are found on routes, or in caves. (EX: You can find Houndour on the Jagged path, or Larvitar in the desert)

- A very large majority of trainers (I probably missed a few, so again, not all) have higher level Pokemon and or different Pokemon.

- Some base stats have been changed to make up for the absence of the Special/Physical split in the GBA games (EX: Feraligatr now has a base special attack stat of 95)

- You start out with one of the Johto Starters.

- Move pools for a number of Pokemon have been updated. (Ex: Quilava learns Extrasensory via level up now rather than by breeding)

- Something special will happen if you use a Sun Stone on Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon.

Patch Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7vb1w3it172nusa/Pokemon+Emerald+Hard+mode.ips

If there are any errors or bugs that I missed, I would appreciate being informed.

You can make the Physical/Special split happen.

Pokecommunity has a file able to do that.

Nonetheless I'll play it. I'll try to help as best as I can.

You can make the Physical/Special split happen.

Pokecommunity has a file able to do that.

Nonetheless I'll play it. I'll try to help as best as I can.

Oh, really? I'll have to check that out, and thanks for the info.

this may sound weird but how much grinding would you recommend?

A fair bit. I'd say for example you'd want to be around the level 60-65 range when you take on the elite 4. The Elite 4 range from the low 60's the the low 70's in levels, and Wallace is around the strength of Red in GSC. (So weaker than the HG/SS version of Red.)

Edited by Kamina

Oh, really? I'll have to check that out, and thanks for the info.

A fair bit. I'd say for example you'd want to be around the level 60-65 range when you take on the elite 4.

oh god this will take some patience, well i guess i could give it a try

One thing I forgot to mention. When I was starting to edit, I made some really ridiculous teams just to mess with myself, and I am pretty certain that I got rid of all of them when I decided I wanted to release this hack publicly. If there are any blatantly unfair, or unbeatable trainers for the point you are at, please inform me (tell me the trainer name) and I'll fix it.

Also I recommend making documents for the changes.

So then everything can be organized.

Will do.
Edited by Kamina

I'm really sorry about the constant updates, I promise this will be the last one for awhile, unless issues are found in the current version.

What is changed in this one? I edited most if not all of the trainers I missed (I found them while looking through the files again) while making this hack, so every trainer should be changed now. Also evolutionary stones are easier to get.

Edited by Kamina

• 3 weeks later...