FE6 HM Tier List

Colonel M

God dammit I had an entire thing typed out and the one time it doesn't save...

tl;dr of discussions:

- Can agree to Marcus > Rutger > Percival. I do somewhat challenge Rutger > Percival but it doesn't completely bother me enough to go further with it.

- Also will agree to Lance > Allan > Zealot. No real comments on this.

- Clarine vs Klein / Igrene is rough to really put a major favor in Clarine basically because Klein and Igrene have a lot going for them in bow utility. I guess in some ways they are shadowed in their utility a bit, but Clarine's kind of just goes along with "I have a Horse that can sometimes Heal". I'm still on the fence on completely acknowledging Clarine over them, but if others agree to it I will agree to it.

- Sue can definitely rise to Upper Mid. For now I will place her below Noah until more arguments come in to disprove otherwise.

- I think Mid in general needs a revamp. I had a tl;dr discussion on tiering philosophy, but basically: tier list assumes units are being used, but their costs associated with them are still weighed (but only against units beside them). Basically we already know Lance >>>> Treck - we don't need to re-clarify this every time of discussion. Still, if the units are being used which is being less detrimental to the team in comparison is really the question. So basically like with Fir vs someone else in Mid we assume Fire and the other Mid character being used. Which has the smaller opportunity costs associated with them than the other? etc.

- I'm actually kind of adamant on the Barth one. Honestly, it's true that he won't die to things like a gust of wind, but being almost completely immobile really hurts him a fuckton. I mean, what's the point of being more durable or doing more damage than Wendy and Sophia if you can't even reach your targets effectively without costing the team a fuckton of time?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some maps where a unit having 4-5 mov can get some combat without slowing the party town. Barth does this without any risk of death thanks to his high defence. Think chapter 10E or getting the Body Ring village in chapter 13. It's true that he's not really the best unit for either task, and you wish he had such con that he could be carried out for use in other situations.

• 5 months later...