Reverse Recruitment

Paperblade

Okay.

One more thing I noticed, Fa took Zeiss' place in the recruitment thingies, while Zeiss replaced Ellen (I think).

iirc this has something to do with not wanting to give the player Fa early and bugs with the Merlinus character slot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it. I think there's actually a female Myrm animation left over from Fir but I was too lazy to change it @_@

Anyway I'm currently looking into the Echidna issue.

XD I just found that out when I arena abused him XD and the first arena chapter gives you a hero crest XD and now he's a sword master with maxed stats and not even in double digits XD Best Lord Ever XD I am somewhat terrified as to what Roy is going to be like when I get him.

Oh and Dancer and Bard 0_0 this is just way to abuseable, I can get them to level 20 each in one turn by having them constantly dance/sing for each other XD though this makes me wonder as to whom I get/lose for the Elphin/Lalum route choice.

Edited by iavasechui

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been wanting to play these sorts of things for a while now, so I've been doing so for the past few weeks. It's actually really fun to see what happens when you completely switch around who gets recruited when.

I've played and logged through all three RRs extensively, but there's a few glitches and bugs that I felt I should bring to your attention, just in case some people haven't gone through the whole game yet, or so that they can be fixed in a future patch. I took a look at this topic to make sure I'm not repeating anything that's already been said, and I hope you won't mind the necrobump too much.

FE6 RR:

-This one's actually pretty much clean from any major glitches, to my surprise. The closest I can find is that some affinities are different from what each character is originally. In most situations, though, I find the changed affinities to be more useful than the originals!

*Douglas: Wind instead of Thunder

*Merlinus: Thunder instead of Dark

*Miledy: Thunder instead of Dark

*Elphin: Thunder instead of Light

*Sue: Light instead of Wind

*Saul: Wind instead of Ice

-Also, while Wendy is a Knight with axe rank in Lalum/Echidna Route, she's still a Brigand in Elphin/Bartre Route.

FE7 RR:

-When Lucius arrives in Chapter 8, the game briefly glitches out and some map sprites change to flags or tents or something. It's a fairly minor glitch, though, and it reverts after the next turn.

-While Marcus appears as a neutral Paladin in Chapter 27, he reverts to - and stays - as an Assassin in Chapter 28x. His bases also become totally different. (Specifically, he loses 7 HP, 4 Strength, 3 Skill, 6 Defense, 3 Res, 5 Con and gains 2 Speed. Still has his weapon ranks, though.)

-When Athos promotes after Chapter 29, the game collapses and is more or less unwinnable from that point onward because Athos is so glitched up. Specifically, Athos appears as a buggy square, cannot move, and he gains random weapon ranks when he attacks, as well as makes enemies gain weapon ranks after their turns. You also can't leave the status screen and switching to another character in the status screen crashes the game.

FE8 RR:

-Supports don't really work like the other 2 RRs. There's lots of one-sided supports that only 1 character benefits from, and several instances where characters support themselves. (Ewan, Innes, Joshua and Ross off the top of my head, there might be more.) I don't know much about hacking, but is it the case that supports in SS are programmed differently than the other 2 GBA games?

-Amelia can't promote, either automatically in the status screen, or with a Knight Crest. She can promote after Chapter 16 into a Great Lord, but she loses out on a second tier promotion. I'm not sure if it has to do with her level, though.(I trained her up to level 10 in Chapter 5x, so that might have been the trigger)

Amelia can use a Master Seal I think?

I couldn't even get past Athos's promotion after CoD, I'll need SDS's patch.

sds if you read this please post it!

also

-Top-

Vaida

Farina

Jaffar

Ninian/Nils

-High-

Athos

Heath

Pent

Raven

Priscilla

-Upper Mid-

Serra

Nino

Legault

Rath

Lyn

Hector

Hawkeye

Erk

Louise

Wil

Lucius

-Lower Mid-

Marcus

Oswin

Fiora

Geitz

Dart

Canas

Isadora

Bartre

Dorcas

-Low-

Florina

Renault

Kent

Sain

Wallace

Eliwood

Matthew

Guy

-Bottom-

Harken

Karel

Karla

Rebecca

Edited by Mekkah

FE7 RR:

-When Lucius arrives in Chapter 8, the game briefly glitches out and some map sprites change to flags or tents or something. It's a fairly minor glitch, though, and it reverts after the next turn.

-While Marcus appears as a neutral Paladin in Chapter 27, he reverts to - and stays - as an Assassin in Chapter 28x. His bases also become totally different. (Specifically, he loses 7 HP, 4 Strength, 3 Skill, 6 Defense, 3 Res, 5 Con and gains 2 Speed. Still has his weapon ranks, though.)

-When Athos promotes after Chapter 29, the game collapses and is more or less unwinnable from that point onward because Athos is so glitched up. Specifically, Athos appears as a buggy square, cannot move, and he gains random weapon ranks when he attacks, as well as makes enemies gain weapon ranks after their turns. You also can't leave the status screen and switching to another character in the status screen crashes the game.

The first two should be fairly simple to fix, actually.

1: I'd just have to edit the Lucius Appears event, maybe to make him come out of a forest or something.

2: I (or rather, Paperblade) probably forgot to change the class that the "new character" appears at in Chapter 27x. FE is kinda weird about how it treats forced characters, in that the map data actually determines things about the character.

3: Promotion in general has been kinda glitchy, but this one takes the cake. I really, really wish that there was a debugger for this, since this is the kind of thing where the cause is weird. However, I'm thinking that the most likely scenario is that Athos merely "doesn't have a sprite", so it grabs junk and then screws with stuff it's not supposed to screw with. I'll see if giving Athos a real sprite would help.

Amelia can use a Master Seal I think?

Just tested it, and it looks like it works. Can't believe I overlooked that. Kind of late for her to have a promotion, but now I'm just happy that she has a promotion period. :)

(Now Ephraim can get that Solar Brace I always had to sacrifice.)

Also, I found another minor glitch in FE6 RR I forgot to write down.

-After recruiting Roy before the final map, if the game is reset, Roy turns into a Swordmaster and loses Sealed Sword usage. My best guess is that it might have to do with how the lord class was changed into the myrmidon/swordmaster class, and it can be overlooked if you don't reset the game anyway.(i.e. use savestates)

Edited by HeoandReo

• 1 year later...

Anyone have a copy of the FE8 RR patch? The link's dead :o And is the first page updated to the latest patch? There's patches for FE7 on the second page and on the first page, each a single byte off from each other.